X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 OOC

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Son of A!!!!! I screwed up again... I guess I just want it to happen. lol
    For what it's worth I also thought he should've gotten a better look. I watched him all throughout his high school career and I thought he could've played D1. When I was watching Alex Arians' highlights I thought he resembled Hoglund a bit.

Comment

This schedule is as good as can be expected. Last year saw 3 D1 teams come to Frost(also 3 to the Pentagon) in the non conference portion. 4 to Frost(as well as 1 to Pentagon) this year with a good UCI team, 2 MVC(Drake, Missouri State to Pentagon), and a tourney qualifying UND team. The teams we have lined up for road games is actually pretty impressive and the 3 day neutral site tourney is a huge opportunity with an outside chance to make a splash based on the competition there. Sure the non-D1 home games are snoozers but thats just the way it is.

If you complain about this schedule you've got your expectations set way too high.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
        This schedule is as good as can be expected. Last year saw 3 D1 teams come to Frost(also 3 to the Pentagon) in the non conference portion. 4 to Frost(as well as 1 to Pentagon) this year with a good UCI team, 2 MVC(Drake, Missouri State to Pentagon), and a tourney qualifying UND team. The teams we have lined up for road games is actually pretty impressive and the 3 day neutral site tourney is a huge opportunity with an outside chance to make a splash based on the competition there. Sure the non-D1 home games are snoozers but thats just the way it is.

If you complain about this schedule you've got your expectations set way too high.
        My expectations are probably a little high. Four non-conference games will be at SDSU against D1 competition. I’ll give them a break because of IUPUI but attendance will be way down this year with the lower level games. I didn’t even know Presentation had athletics and I’ve never heard of Concordia Nebraska.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          My expectations are probably a little high. Four non-conference games will be at SDSU against D1 competition. I’ll give them a break because of IUPUI but attendance will be way down this year with the lower level games. I didn’t even know Presentation had athletics and I’ve never heard of Concordia Nebraska.
          It will be a shame if people don't come out regardless of the opponent. It seems that too many fans are concerned with the opponent.

There are only a certain amount if games to watch one if the all time MBB players.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Here is a list of games for OOC. Scroll to #25 on the list. It will be a fun game for awhile even though it is not in Frost.
            college-basketball-top-25-non-conference-games
            college-basketball-top-25-non-conference-games
            http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.c...ference-games/
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I was looking at Former Coach Nagy's schedule at Wright State. Among his OOC opponents is Tiffin College. D3 no less. So everyone has to have a cupcake now and then. It helps the record.

Comment

Single game tickets for Kansas go on sale Monday, October 9th at 9 am if anyone was interested in trying to get tickets for the game through their ticket office.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                  Single game tickets for Kansas go on sale Monday, October 9th at 9 am if anyone was interested in trying to get tickets for the game through their ticket office.
                  Is that the best way to get tickets for the game? I am planning on going down. I wasnt sure if the visiting school was given a certain number of tickets that a person could buy. But i suppose that is probably for parents and family.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    Is that the best way to get tickets for the game? I am planning on going down. I wasnt sure if the visiting school was given a certain number of tickets that a person could buy. But i suppose that is probably for parents and family.
                    I went into the ticket office and asked about tickets. They told me they get a very limited number that would probably be used up by the parents. They did put me on a list if they have extra? They did say that the KU ticket office would be the place to contact. I'm planning on going down and don't know if I should go the stub hub type route or find tickets when I get there? Does anybody have any past experience there?

Comment

Also check Ticketsforless.com They had a pretty good selection a week ago. Go Jacks!!

Comment

F
                        Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                        I went into the ticket office and asked about tickets. They told me they get a very limited number that would probably be used up by the parents. They did put me on a list if they have extra? They did say that the KU ticket office would be the place to contact. I'm planning on going down and don't know if I should go the stub hub type route or find tickets when I get there? Does anybody have any past experience there?
                        We decided to wait and find some on stubhub

Comment

Tickets are $50 for GA through the Kansas website. Picked up a couple so I'm all set. Pretty excited. Don't know about the wife yet.

Stubhub has some available for $40 on up.

Comment

Working...
                          X