Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 OOC

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    I would be shocked if that ever happens. Hell, we cant even get UNI to come Frost.
    I would too but with TJ he seems to have more connections than Nagy so didn't know if maybe he could help get something like that done.

Comment

SDSU will play Missouri State at the Pentagon on Dec. 2

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2017/5/1...-pentagon.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
        SDSU will play Missouri State at the Pentagon on Dec. 2

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2017/5/1...-pentagon.aspx
        It is very nice to see a MVC team willing to come to the Dakotas for a game. It adds another team to the Jackrabbit resume as Drake, WSU and UNI have played the Jackrabbits since the D1 transition.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It'll be nice when we can get MV teams at Frost again.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Cayman Islands Classic
            Nov. 20-22: George Town, Cayman Islands
            Quarterfinals
            11/20

Buffalo Bulls (MAC) (Cayman Islands Classic via Twitter)
            Cincinnati Bearcats (American)
            Iowa Hawkeyes (Big Ten)
            Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns (Sun Belt)
            Richmond Spiders (A 10)
            South Dakota State Jackrabbits (Summit)
            UAB Blazers (C-USA)
            Wyoming Cowboys (MW)
            Since Cincinnati, Iowa, UAB and Wyoming were part of the original announcement back in December 2015, does that mean we will play a 3 game round robin with Louisiana-Lafayette, Buffalo and Richmond? Is there any chance it is a true 8 team tournament? It seems like in past Classics we have played only the "lower" level teams.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
              Since Cincinnati, Iowa, UAB and Wyoming were part of the original announcement back in December 2015, does that mean we will play a 3 game round robin with Louisiana-Lafayette, Buffalo and Richmond? Is there any chance it is a true 8 team tournament? It seems like in past Classics we have played only the "lower" level teams.

You are playing a true true tournament where winners advance to top side of bracket, and losers to bottom side. The only matchup you'll know in advance will be the first round game.

Comment

According to the University of Kansas. South Dakota State Jack Rabbits will be playing men's game on Nov 17. in Lawrence.

Comment

With the amount of roster turnover the Jacks will have, it would have been nice to play this game about a month later. But, you have to take advantage of these opportunities whenever you get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    With the amount of roster turnover the Jacks will have, it would have been nice to play this game about a month later. But, you have to take advantage of these opportunities whenever you get the chance.
                    At least its right after they play Kentucky. Thank god they don't have Frank Mason and Josh Jackson anymore. They are ranked #2 in ESPNs way-too-early top 25.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      At least its right after they play Kentucky. Thank god they don't have Frank Mason and Josh Jackson anymore. They are ranked #2 in ESPNs way-too-early top 25.
                      I'm sure they'll have next year's version of Mason and Jackson.....

A cool experience, a nice payout (I assume) and a really (really) long shot at a groundbreaking upset is all you can hope for with this one. I'm sure the players are excited about it.

Comment

We aren't winning in the Phog, but I hope we have a great showing. KU coming off UK game may help. I'll wear blue to the game.

If you have the opportunity to go, I suggest you do it. Allen Fieldhouse is the best experience in all of college basketball.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          We aren't winning in the Phog, but I hope we have a great showing. KU coming off UK game may help. I'll wear blue to the game.

If you have the opportunity to go, I suggest you do it. Allen Fieldhouse is the best experience in all of college basketball.
                          I want to be there. Any suggestions on how to go about getting a ticket?
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            I want to be there. Any suggestions on how to go about getting a ticket?
                            I've got to think secondary market tickets will be available at a respectable price for this one.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              I've got to think secondary market tickets will be available at a respectable price for this one.
                              Its surprising how variable that can be. Sometimes people are willing to just sit on their tickets instead of undersell them. If there is an option to get tickets the day of the game that's when you can get the best seats for the best price. So I'm willing to take a chance if scalpers will be available the day of the game. If not, I can settle for stubhub or tickets for less.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                Its surprising how variable that can be. Sometimes people are willing to just sit on their tickets instead of undersell them. If there is an option to get tickets the day of the game that's when you can get the best seats for the best price. So I'm willing to take a chance if scalpers will be available the day of the game. If not, I can settle for stubhub or tickets for less.
                                I've had good experience with seat geek also...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X