Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2017-18 OOC

Default Re: 2017-18 OOC

From Seat Geek. - Ks has the second hottest ticket behind Duke. Avg price $171 up from $127 last year!

Nothing showing on their site or Stub Hub as yet.

Oops! Looks like that Seat Geek article was written in Nov 2015!

If money isn't an issue grab tickets when you can get them. Otherwise, if you wait they often come down in price as the event approaches, of course, you run the risk of not getting decent seats or enough seats together. I booked a hotel for that Friday night. Oread and Eldridge both want a 2 night minimum, $230/night, refundable up to 60 days before the date. I can't stay 2 nights.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

For secondary-market KU game tickets, I'll put in an unsolicited and uncompensated plug for Tickets For Less . . . local KC company that I've had good experiences with in the past for KU, Chiefs, and Royals tickets.

Kansas Jayhawks basketball in Allen Fieldhouse is one of those places that a real basketball fan absolutely must experience at least once. It's old, rickety, cramped and incredibly loud, raucous, and joyous--mostly because KU is running whoever they're playing completely off the court, out of the building, and across the parking lots (of which there are far too few--expect to park on a nearby neighborhood street!).
    "I think we'll be OK"

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    For secondary-market KU game tickets, I'll put in an unsolicited and uncompensated plug for Tickets For Less . . . local KC company that I've had good experiences with in the past for KU, Chiefs, and Royals tickets.

Kansas Jayhawks basketball in Allen Fieldhouse is one of those places that a real basketball fan absolutely must experience at least once. It's old, rickety, cramped and incredibly loud, raucous, and joyous--mostly because KU is running whoever they're playing completely off the court, out of the building, and across the parking lots (of which there are far too few--expect to park on a nearby neighborhood street!).
    What he said. Went to a KU game when I worked in Manhattan at Fort Riley. And there's not a horrible seat in the place. Go explore the Fieldhouse. Single game KU MBB tickets are not yet on sale, so you might be able to buy directly from KU too.

Scalpers are usually around the Fieldhouse or across street in parking lot before games if you want to go that route. I have used tickets for less in the past and had good luck.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

The bracket is out for the Cayman Island games. SDSU plays Wyoming to begin and the winner of Iowa/Louisiana match against the winner of Jackrabbit game. 'Richmond/UAB and Cincinnati/Buffalo are the other bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHare View Post
    The bracket is out for the Cayman Island games. SDSU plays Wyoming to begin and the winner of Iowa/Louisiana match against the winner of Jackrabbit game. 'Richmond/UAB and Cincinnati/Buffalo are the other bracket.
    So, we're in the "upper" bracket?
    How the SDSU vs. USD rivalry really works out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H7uUYDiVjM