GDT: Spring Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Spring Game

Great day to watch spring game yesterday and really good turnout I think zimmer said 2000 showed up. 1st team defense looked really good against 1st team offense, don't remember score at half when they pulled a lot of guys but I know defense was up (and jakes td was incomplete).

Not sure our OT's compare to rest of conference but if it's even close our DE's are going to have a field day this year. Earith and Kern were in back field all day and Kern was credited with 1.5 sacks in about 15-20 reps. Not sure how many hurries they each had but they were definitely there.

Daniel looked really good in short overall, I would've liked to seen Wallace play seemed like a lot of running backs where out.

Any place to find the replay of it? The highlights sounded like stig did commentary throughout the game would've been fun to hear as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Daniel apparently is being groomed to be the short-yardage back. ... I think the O tackles will be fine. The big question marks are depth at D tackle and linebacker.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Do we bring in any recruits for this game? I know we are a different animal than the P5 programs, but some of those schools really use their spring game as a major recruiting tool.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
          Do we bring in any recruits for this game? I know we are a different animal than the P5 programs, but some of those schools really use their spring game as a major recruiting tool.
          Yes. I saw a tweet from a recruit who'd said he'd had a good campus visit and planned to attend the spring game. Also, a bunch of incoming freshmen signees were introduced during a break in the game.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Daniel apparently is being groomed to be the short-yardage back. ... I think the O tackles will be fine. The big question marks are depth at D tackle and linebacker.
            Question about the O-Line... Stig said something on the radio that Tyler Weir has been switched to tackle and Genant has been moved to guard? Is this something anyone noticed during the spring game? If so, it seems really weird that we would groom Genant for the RT position last year by switching on and off with Carr while Weir was the swing guard/center. Stig talked about Domandle at Center and basically said that the position will be fine after Jacob O graduates. Sorry for any misspellings of names, I'm not going to take the time to look them up today.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Question about the O-Line... Stig said something on the radio that Tyler Weir has been switched to tackle and Genant has been moved to guard? Is this something anyone noticed during the spring game? If so, it seems really weird that we would groom Genant for the RT position last year by switching on and off with Carr while Weir was the swing guard/center. Stig talked about Domandle at Center and basically said that the position will be fine after Jacob O graduates. Sorry for any misspellings of names, I'm not going to take the time to look them up today.
              I did notice Genant was at RG on the 1st team Offense. Matt Clark was at RG for 2nd team Offense. Charlie Harmon was at LT, Weir was at RT.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                I did notice Genant was at RG on the 1st team Offense. Matt Clark was at RG for 2nd team Offense. Charlie Harmon was at LT, Weir was at RT.
                I noticed that it was almost like some sort of rotation where both Weir and Genant both played RG and RT
                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Matt Clark was at RG for 2nd team Offense.
                  Didn't Clark start last season as a true sophomore? 2nd strings seems like a step in the wrong direction.

Roster has him listed at 335#. Gained bad weight?

Comment

Did Goedert not play?
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      Did Goedert not play?

He played some, only had a couple of targets though.

Comment

Working...
                      X