• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kabellis transferring from NDSU

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/...jloKVM.twitter

Interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Re: Kabellis transferring from NDSU

I don't know if it's just the article, but they make Richman sound kinda jerk-ish. Disappointed because the guy made a decision that would be better for him? I get the whole "teamwork" thing, but a person should be able to make the decisions that seem best for them and their life. Maybe something is going on with his family so he wants to be closer to home. Just say you're sad to see him go and wish him the best. I don't know the Richman at all, so it might just be me interpreting it incorrectly.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

If NDSU's men's basketball team goes downhill, that is not good for the Summit League. NDSU's women continue to be an anchor in the conference and that hurts the effort to become a two-bid league.

Comment

Isn't he married or has a kid? Or am I thinking of someone else.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          If NDSU's men's basketball team goes downhill, that is not good for the Summit League. NDSU's women continue to be an anchor in the conference and that hurts the effort to become a two-bid league.
          As the Bison try to replace a Dexter or Khy, the Yotes are picking up some steam. Ft Wayne should be solid again as well. The Pioneers will likely show more improvement as well. Omaha has some decent players returning. The Bison could settle near IUPUI and ahead of the Leathernecks and Golden Eagles. The Bison may have some new talent contribute, but it seems they will not be at the top 3 this year if the new talent does not pan out. It could be guard Miller and Jacobsen to shut down the Bison(that could be hard some nights). I am just a bit hesitant to count out a competitive Bison team with the loss of one player. Will the Bison be picked lower than 4th or 5th in the preseason conference picks? The Bison WBB as an anchor is a result of too long of a contract for DeHoff who may have struggled in the NSIC.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Kabellis, Werner, Dupree and several more transfers have them in a tough spot. No one is going to pick them ahead of SDSU, USD or Denver. Werner is a huge loss because of how well he could guard Daum. Add the surprise loss of their experienced PG and they've got some work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
              I don't know if it's just the article, but they make Richman sound kinda jerk-ish. Disappointed because the guy made a decision that would be better for him? I get the whole "teamwork" thing, but a person should be able to make the decisions that seem best for them and their life. Maybe something is going on with his family so he wants to be closer to home. Just say you're sad to see him go and wish him the best. I don't know the Richman at all, so it might just be me interpreting it incorrectly.
              Richman has a right to be a little jaded, IMO. Kabellis left the team briefly 2 years ago, and Richman let him come back. Now he's leaving again. Unless I've got my wires crossed with another player, it is very odd the article doesn't mention that.

Edit: Was it Dupree that left the team briefly?
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                Richman has a right to be a little jaded, IMO. Kabellis left the team briefly 2 years ago, and Richman let him come back. Now he's leaving again. Unless I've got my wires crossed with another player, it is very odd the article doesn't mention that.

Edit: Was it Dupree that left the team briefly?
                Dupree.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                  I guess I don't see much wrong with what Richman said. He is disappointed that his returning starting point guard left. I can understand that. Right after he said that he was disappointed he said that he was looking forward to moving on with the committed players that he still has. Part of his disappointment might be because he didn't even know that the player was thinking about leaving. Could Richman have helped the player out? Could he have looked at bringing in another PG if he knew in advance that he was leaving? He didn't say the player was selfish, bad or anything like that; he just was disappointed that things didn't work out.

Comment

I'm sure Richman would have appreciated finding this out shortly after the season ended, so he could have time to recruit a replacement before the player pool was picked over at the signing date.

Comment

Judging by what you guys are saying, it might have just been me; I probably interpreted his words incorrectly. It really doesn't help when you nothing about the guy.
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        What happened with the women's program would never happen on the men's side. There is a reason why the school no longer has a women's AD.

Comment

I don't know how coaches can get butthurt about players leaving for better opportunities when you know the coaches would be out the door in a minute if they have the chance

Comment

Working...
                          X