Sioux Falls Sports Authority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sioux Falls Sports Authority

Here the list of the events bid by the SFSA for future NCAA athletic events. There is feedback tomorrow if any are coming to Sioux Falls.

http://sfsportsauthority.org/news/ncaa-bids
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: Sioux Falls Sports Authority

Very nice, but I was really hoping for a D1 Wrestling bid. Basketball is the obvious money maker, but D1 Wrestling would bring in A LOT of people from all over the country. Great exposure for Sioux Falls and South Dakota no matter which bids they get, but they need to get over the D2 hump. It's great to host those events, but they don't get the same exposure and amount of people as D1 events. Let's finally bring a D1 Men's Basketball Tournament game to South Dakota!
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

The Denny may not be big enough for the D1 wrestling tournament. They drew about 112,000 for the 6 sessions this year in St.Louis - that averages to almost 18,700 per session. Championship night drew almost 20,000.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        The Denny may not be big enough for the D1 wrestling tournament. They drew about 112,000 for the 6 sessions this year in St.Louis - that averages to almost 18,700 per session. Championship night drew almost 20,000.
        Agree, The Denny in its current capacity wouldn't be able to handle D1 wrestling championships.

Comment

Ended up with Division I men's hockey regional next year and Division II wrestling and volleyball championship in 2020.

Comment

A facility that holds 18,000+ has historically been the MINIMUM requirement to bid for the D1 wrestling championships.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              Ended up with Division I men's hockey regional next year and Division II wrestling and volleyball championship in 2020.
              Some NCAA Div I Women's Regionals are still up in the air. Won't know today.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Some NCAA Div I Women's Regionals are still up in the air. Won't know today.
                Yep, saw that after I posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein 2h2 hours ago More

The First Four will remain in Dayton through 2022, per release.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                  X