Sell to lead Transfer Working Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell to lead Transfer Working Group

Wasn't sure where to put this but Sell will be the chair on a group looking at transfers.

In light of an increasing number of student-athletes switching schools in recent years, a new NCAA group has been formed to study Division I transfer rules and consider improvements.

South Dakota State athletic director Justin Sell will chair the Division I Transfer Working Group, which the NCAA says will focus on supporting academic success of students as its primary goal. Jane Miller, Virginia’s faculty athletics representative, will be the vice chair.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaa-cr...203900929.html

Re: Sell to lead Transfer Working Group

They say it's to focus on academics and how transferring affects their academics (*cough* BS *cough*), and I think Sell would be perfect to lead that. SDSU has such a big focus on the student part of the student-athlete and it starts with Sell's belief in that and goes down through all of the athletic department. Also, SDSU does not tell a student-athlete they can't do the major they want because it could interfere with their athletics. If they want to be a doctor someday while being one of the top RBs in the country, they can do it at SDSU but would not have that option at most P5 schools. That could be important with him leading the group.

Also, Garret Covington of Western Illinois is one of the two student-athletes in the group. I think he's a good one to have since, I believe, he was a better player than the program at WIU and could have transferred to a much better program but never did. He will have some great insight from that perspective.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
    X