Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISU-Red, Drake join Summit-Men's Tennis Affiliate

http://thesummitleague.org/sports/mt...20170410ora34j

The Valley is apparently down to 3 teams in the sport including these two.

Re: Illinois State and Drake added as affiliate members in Summit League in Men's Ten

Moving over from the "Wichita State Leaving MVC" page, I would guess one of the topics the the Valley discussed on Sunday was about sports they would drop or maybe need to drop without Wichita State in the conference. This leads me to also guess the Valley is planning on dropping men's tennis or is now going to have to drop the sport.

Ultimately, it sounds like the Valley could be falling apart.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Re: Illinois State and Drake added as affiliate members in Summit League in Men's Ten

We aren't doing too well in this sport,hoping it improves a little.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        We aren't doing too well in this sport,hoping it improves a little.
        SDSU just hired a new tennis coach last July so we will see how he does. He replaces a coach that Justin Sell hired 5 years before that.

I think that Justin Sell has hit a homer in wrestling and MBB but we will see how some of his other hires work out in the near future.

He hired the softball and volleyball coaches about 3 years ago or so. We should start seeing results soon in those sports.
        He just hired a new soccer, swimming and diving, baseball and now another tennis coach.
        Equestrian has had a couple of coaches but I don't know about that sport very much.

I guess if he hits homers in Football, WBB and MBB some people don't care about the rest but there sure have been a lot of openings lately at SDSU.
        I don't know if we see a lot of the new coaches being around 15+ years anymore like Stig, AJ, Nagy, Lang, Rod and Erickson (along with maybe the old wrestling and baseball coaches).

Comment

I edited the thread title for brevity.

. . .

Not that it did any good for thread replies, apparently.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
            SDSU just hired a new tennis coach last July so we will see how he does. He replaces a coach that Justin Sell hired 5 years before that.

I think that Justin Sell has hit a homer in wrestling and MBB but we will see how some of his other hires work out in the near future.

He hired the softball and volleyball coaches about 3 years ago or so. We should start seeing results soon in those sports.
            He just hired a new soccer, swimming and diving, baseball and now another tennis coach.
            Equestrian has had a couple of coaches but I don't know about that sport very much.

I guess if he hits homers in Football, WBB and MBB some people don't care about the rest but there sure have been a lot of openings lately at SDSU.
            I don't know if we see a lot of the new coaches being around 15+ years anymore like Stig, AJ, Nagy, Lang, Rod and Erickson (along with maybe the old wrestling and baseball coaches).
            Just to be clear here, the previous tennis coach Michael Engdahl, resigned to pursue other professional opportunities. The men's team has qualified for the Summit League tournament four of the last five years and the women's team has qualified the last four years, including finishing second last year.

Don't think either team will make the Summit League Tournament this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              Just to be clear here, the previous tennis coach Michael Engdahl, resigned to pursue other professional opportunities. The men's team has qualified for the Summit League tournament four of the last five years and the women's team has qualified the last four years, including finishing second last year.

Don't think either team will make the Summit League Tournament this year.
              Illinois State and Drake will make the league a lot tougher in tennis.
              On top of that, there will now be 7 teams in the league instead of 5 so if only the top 4 qualify for the Summit League Tournament SDSU will really have to step up their game.

Comment

Working...
              X