Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scott Sutton Fired

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Taking guilt by association a bit far, don't you think?
    No, we were talking about how dirty of a program Baylor is, someone mentioned their sexual assault issues, and I mentioned that. None of it has anything to do with Paul Mills, I was probably getting thread drifty but wasn't implying he was behind any of the Football program stuff or this situation. Just talking about how pathetic the athletic program has been ran for the last 15 years in terms of ethics.

As for what is going on at ORU, my belief is they wanted to get rid of Sutton and this is one of those rules you put in place to handcuff a guy to a point where you can either A. fire him or B. drive him to quit.

You have to believe that any head coach with a brain is at the very least going to get some exemptions to the rule or lower the expectations of the rule

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      No, we were talking about how dirty of a program Baylor is, someone mentioned their sexual assault issues, and I mentioned that. None of it has anything to do with Paul Mills, I was probably getting thread drifty but wasn't implying he was behind any of the Football program stuff or this situation. Just talking about how pathetic the athletic program has been ran for the last 15 years in terms of ethics.

As for what is going on at ORU, my belief is they wanted to get rid of Sutton and this is one of those rules you put in place to handcuff a guy to a point where you can either A. fire him or B. drive him to quit.

You have to believe that any head coach with a brain is at the very least going to get some exemptions to the rule or lower the expectations of the rule
      Why bring it up if it has no association with Paul Mills? Oh yeah thread drift.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        According to the press conference by the AD and President, they had 40 resumes in 36 hours, but you can bet that few if any met the profile of the President. The circular file was emptied several times that day.
        Whoever counts their basketball attendance must've been counting their applications!
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Whoever counts their basketball attendance must've been counting their applications!
          An excellent zinger. I would be willing to venture that 35 out of 40 applicants had no idea that ORU existed prior to faxing off their resume. There are tons of guys out there looking for a better job. Little do they know, there are institutions with high moral standards, so high that no one can meet their expectations. ORU is one of them. Its a shame they cheat on their attendance numbers.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhITpTtG888

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
              Perfectly apt.

Comment

Those last two posts were very funny! I'm not a fan of bald eagles running into windows, but so fitting with this post.

Nidaros - your post was also very funny when you consider the contrast.

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                An excellent zinger. I would be willing to venture that 35 out of 40 applicants had no idea that ORU existed prior to faxing off their resume. There are tons of guys out there looking for a better job. Little do they know, there are institutions with high moral standards, so high that no one can meet their expectations. ORU is one of them. Its a shame they cheat on their attendance numbers.
                ... high moral standards... that no one can meet... ORU is one of them. It's a shame they cheat...

rep points all around!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                  Those last two posts were very funny! I'm not a fan of bald eagles running into windows, but so fitting with this post.

Nidaros - your post was also very funny when you consider the contrast.

... high moral standards... that no one can meet... ORU is one of them. It's a shame they cheat...

rep points all around!
                  Further cheating: wrong kind of eagle, rented from St. Louis. The eagle had nothing more than a bad headache, better treatment than the average ORU grad. It's funny that Denver escaped the WAC in order to get away from Grand Canyon. I think ORU is a far shadier operation.

Comment

Working...
                  X