Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scott Sutton Fired

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    I don't know much about ORU, but if they're asking recruits to pass a "faith test" and are as hardcore of a Christian University as it looks like they are, my guess is that the tattoo ban is likely tied to scripture and desecration of the body rather then being in place to not recruit "thugs". That's what I initially thought of it anyways.
    That's how I took the "no tattoos." It's somewhere in Leviticus, if I remember correctly. It makes sense for the private university, but they also need to realize it's going to hurt all their programs, not just basketball. A lot of those guys have tattoos with some religious meaning to them which makes the situations kinda, also. I'm going to stick with what I said before and say they should move down to D2 or D3 with these restrictions in play. They don't have the name or program to be able to draw in students with the qualifications and talent they want.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
      That's how I took the "no tattoos." It's somewhere in Leviticus, if I remember correctly. It makes sense for the private university, but they also need to realize it's going to hurt all their programs, not just basketball. A lot of those guys have tattoos with some religious meaning to them which makes the situations kinda, also. I'm going to stick with what I said before and say they should move down to D2 or D3 with these restrictions in play. They don't have the name or program to be able to draw in students with the qualifications and talent they want.
      I had a post similar to this one that succumbed to "types . . . deletes" syndrome.

If that's the way ORU wants to go, that's the way they should go. If the "character" (however defined) is more important to them than the success of their basketball team, more power to them.

But if that's the way they want to go, I agree that maybe D1 and the Summit League isn't where they really want to be.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Does Sutton have a shot at assistant coach in P5 or G5 or does he land another Mid Major head coaching job?
        I am sure Sutton will get another head coaching job a start winning a ton of games without all these restrictions
        ORU Sports Forum

Comment

I been looking at the ORU board. They had a feed of the press conference today by the AD and President. It sounds like they were negotiating for SS to stay one more year and their buy out at that point in time. SS did not buy into that and now will be paid 2 years of salary. Its clear, SS was not wanted so why waste a year in a unwanted situation? The president denied the existence of a tattoo policy for student athletes although ORU employees are not permitted to show tattoos while on the job. Also the faith test does not exist but they do have something similar in which you are not barred from recruitment if you are weak in a given area but strong in others. I would suggest the curious go to the ORU board for a more clear explanation. It was also mentioned that in 36 hours, ORU had received 40 resumes. I think they can afford to be picky.

From an old geezers point of view, I have trouble accepting tattoos and rings in the nose and tongue. Youth is one time when you have some beauty and why deface it with life-time tattoos and rings etc. It just does not make no sense. I admire ORU for standing up to these mindless procedures that are indeed popular, but just dont make any sense to me. I am 75 and probably will not be around 15 years from now. In heaven there will be no tattoos I hope, but someone will manage to sneak in a hells angel emblem on their arm.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 04-13-2017, 05:23 AM.

Comment

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/or...ls-head-coach/
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Looks like there must have been TONS of interest in that job.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                $$$TONS$$$
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

People will work in no-win, sh*tty situations for the $, God knows I do......

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                    According to the press conference by the AD and President, they had 40 resumes in 36 hours, but you can bet that few if any met the profile of the President. The circular file was emptied several times that day.

Comment

They hired the Baylor Bears Assistant Coach??? WTH? Squeaky clean program there! You can't make this stuff up!

ORU is a full-on dumpster fire!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        They hired the Baylor Bears Assistant Coach??? WTH? Squeaky clean program there! You can't make this stuff up!

ORU is a full-on dumpster fire!

SUPERBUNNY
                        No one better talk about giving anyone the death penalty until Baylor gets it in all athletics for the last 15 + years

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          No one better talk about giving anyone the death penalty until Baylor gets it in all athletics for the last 15 + years
                          You mean "lock up your women,Baylor's coming to town!", and if you don't like it,I'll punch you in the nose....that Baylor?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            You mean "lock up your women,Baylor's coming to town!", and if you don't like it,I'll punch you in the nose....that Baylor?
                            I was more on the line of covering up a murder Baylor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5s_wI5RehI

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              I was more on the line of covering up a murder Baylor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5s_wI5RehI
                              Taking guilt by association a bit far, don't you think?
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                Taking guilt by association a bit far, don't you think?
                                Bingo!! Paul Mills has a great challenge ahead of him. Can he coach a D1 program? He was very successful at non-public high school level and the article mention his success, but does that still work at the D1 level? Being in the background since 2004 at Baylor, he no doubt learned a great deal. How he applies what he learned remains to be seen. He obviously meets the high moral standards of the admin at ORU. This no doubt got him the job.

Comment

Working...
                                X