• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Sutton Fired

Per the Tulsa World. Wow.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagela...079155552.html
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Scott Sutton Fired

Not surprised at all. They've been underachieving for awhile now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Guess Sutton found out over Twitter first.

https://twitter.com/GottliebShow/sta...56420134871043

Comment

Sutton found out he was fired via twitter?

https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/851557394488467456

Wow just saw that somebody on the ORU board confirmed it, what a joke to fire a coach that way. Especially somebody like Scott who had been there forever.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          Sutton found out he was fired via twitter?

https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/851557394488467456

Wow just saw that somebody on the ORU board confirmed it, what a joke to fire a coach that way. Especially somebody like Scott who had been there forever.
          Stay Classy, ORU. *shakes head*
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

It also appears their administration is meddling with recruiting...

Doug Gottlieb‏Verified account @GottliebShow 1h1 hour ago
            Wow. Restrictions on recruiting have made ORU non-competitive
            https://twitter.com/GottliebShow/sta...55056801513472

Comment

Looking from the outside, it's not surprising that Sutton is gone. But I have read their board since the season ended, and most of the posters weren't happy, but they didn't seem ready to go this far yet. What is surprising is they waited 5 weeks after their season ended (and a week away from spring signing day) to make the move.

Comment

Does Sutton have a shot at assistant coach in P5 or G5 or does he land another Mid Major head coaching job?
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

ORU has been in decline for some time, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

My only concern is that ORU is in decline for factors out of Sutton's control. I really hope it doesn't turn into a dumpster fire. Bringing ORU back into the Summit was supposed to strengthen the league and help with RPI, would be a huge hit if falls off a cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    ...My only concern is that ORU is in decline for factors out of Sutton's control. I really hope it doesn't turn into a dumpster fire. Bringing ORU back into the Summit was supposed to strengthen the league and help with RPI, would be a huge hit if falls off a cliff.
                    Agreed....Sutton seemed to be a good coach and a classy guy. Hope he lands somewhere and turns his new program into a winner. In the meantime, I hope this doesn't mean ORU is a mess (again).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Agreed....Sutton seemed to be a good coach and a classy guy. Hope he lands somewhere and turns his new program into a winner. In the meantime, I hope this doesn't mean ORU is a mess (again).
                      They are a mess. Look at what their Prez requires when it comes to recruiting

@DougGottieb

"Couple OK HS coaches told me #ORU's @WilsonBilly (Prez) instituted policy- No visible tattoos on recruits & must score > 8 on "faith" exam"

Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        They are a mess. Look at what their Prez requires when it comes to recruiting

@DougGottieb

"Couple OK HS coaches told me #ORU's @WilsonBilly (Prez) instituted policy- No visible tattoos on recruits & must score > 8 on "faith" exam"

Yikes.
                        Such requirements make sense for their private school, but it's going to kill their athletic programs. They might as well drop to D2 or even D3 with such requirements because they won't be able to compete.
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

One scenario on the ORU board is that Sutton was told his brother Sean had to go, and that he refused to comply. Which I can understand Scott not wanting to do - when ORU played in Frost, it looked to me like Sean was doing a lot of the coaching while Scott sat back with kind of a dazed look. I think Sean would have been coaching at a much higher level than assistant at ORU if he wouldn't have had the substance abuse issues while at Oklahoma State.
                          Last edited by bigticket1; 04-11-2017, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Can you say Hobby Lobby. The Greens seem to get their two cents in on how ORU is run.

Comment

Best wishes to Coach Sutton.

He'll find a job somewhere.

Surprised by the timing of this. If they wanted to remove him... figured they would have done that earlier.

Wonder who they will be able to bring in?

Comment

Working...
                              X