What's north of baseball stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's north of baseball stadium?

The last few times I went to Brookings, I noticed the dirt north of the baseball stadium was being moved. Today I drove up that road and it appeared the lot is being readied for a building project -- fill has been brought in and leveled out. Anyone know what's going on up there?

Re: What's north of baseball stadium?

Parking?
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Wasn't that were the Golf Driving Range in the Athletics Master Plan going to go?

https://www.sdstate.edu/sites/defaul...Facilities.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Wasn't that were the Golf Driving Range in the Athletics Master Plan going to go?

https://www.sdstate.edu/sites/defaul...Facilities.pdf

I thought it was a forgotten project, but maybe not? Golf has been doing well, so they get stuff, I guess.
        Honestly, I'd rather have the soccer stadium like they have in the plan. An on-campus facility would make things so much easier (not to mention students might actually come to a match.)
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
          I thought it was a forgotten project, but maybe not? Golf has been doing well, so they get stuff, I guess.
          Honestly, I'd rather have the soccer stadium like they have in the plan. An on-campus facility would make things so much easier (not to mention students might actually come to a match.)
          It was a total guess on my part. I have no idea what they are doing in that area.

Comment

The soccer stadium and practice facility is supposed to be east of the baseball stadium, though.

Comment

I heard one of the KELO/KDLT sports guys mention dirt mounds beyond the outfield when they showed highlights last weekend. They said it was part of the upgrades to the T&F program. No idea if that is correct.

Comment

It's going to be the throwing area for the hammer throw for track and field.

Comment

Is that going to be a start for an outdoor track and field area? I wouldn't mind having one of those, either.
                  Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

I hope it's going to be a ThunderRoad.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      I hope it's going to be a ThunderRoad.

That sounds more useless than Sexaur Field.
                      Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

I am not an expert in construction but I thought I was told it had something to do with the PAC expansion Fill maybe? Last I heard from the athletics an indoor golf facility was still in the plans for that location.
                        We...ARE...STATE!
                        SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Is that going to be a start for an outdoor track and field area? I wouldn't mind having one of those, either.
                          They recently helped pay for the renovation of the track by Brookings High School. Doubt they would put one on campus now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                            I am not an expert in construction but I thought I was told it had something to do with the PAC expansion Fill maybe? Last I heard from the athletics an indoor golf facility was still in the plans for that location.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                              I drove by there today and I think you are correct. The Performing Arts Center addition is just getting started.

Comment

Working...
                              X