• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Nick Henrich verballed to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      According to Willis' twitter and hudl, he is a 2020 recruit. Certainly looks like he should be a senior this year, however.
      Thanks! I looked in the 2020 thread and had found that we already had him listed there. Coaches have turned over a lot of rocks to find so much talent. I have a hard time keeping up. Thanks for the updated information!

Comment

Got another verbal commitment (h/t @JackIllustrated):

Brady Beck, 6'8" 255 lbs OT/DT out of Sioux Falls, SD (O'Gorman).
        https://www.hudl.com/profile/7910705/Brady-Beck

I'm assuming he'll be an offensive lineman even though all his junior highlights were on defense since he tagged Coach Eck in the tweet and also there aren't a lot of 6'8" kids playing DT in college.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Grant Trieber from SF Lincoln to Iowa St
          Kelly Joiner and Xavier Weaver to South Florida (USF)
          Carson Shaffer to Army
          Last edited by NWHSUandSDSU; 07-29-2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Piper to Nebraska. His verbal was from a few months ago.
            OT/DT - Ethan Piper, 6'4" 265, Norfolk, NE (Norfolk Catholic) - HUDL
            Offers: Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio

Rios verbals to UNI.
            OT/DT - Kobe Rios***, 6'6" 300, Rock Island, IL - HUDL
            Offers: UNI, Western Illinois, USD, Southern Illinois, Indiana State, Kent State, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky

Comment

Offer:

Jermari Harris, 6'1" 175 lbs CB/FS out of Lombard, IL.
              https://www.hudl.com/profile/9768360/Jermari-Harris

PWO Offer:

Jharett Bloomenrader, 6'6" 230 lbs TE/DE out of Miller, SD.
              http://www.hudl.com/profile/9695312/...t-Bloomenrader
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                Grant Trieber from SF Lincoln to Iowa St
                Kelly Joiner and Xavier Weaver to South Florida (USF)
                Carson Shaffer to Army
                Kobe Rios to UNI

Comment

PWO offer:

Karst Hunter, 6'4" 200 lbs QB out of Miller, SD.
                  http://www.hudl.com/profile/6057068/Karst-Hunter
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Peter Udoibok to Minnesota.

Comment

Was a little shocked to see the Hunter kid get PWO and not an offer. IMHO I think he's best QB we got in the state. Maybe a position change in future for 1 of the 2 '19 QBs, Karst seems like a freak athlete but Id like to see him at QB. Hope we get him. Be good to have 2 good QB committs.

Comment

Originally posted by centraljack90 View Post
                        Was a little shocked to see the Hunter kid get PWO and not an offer. IMHO I think he's best QB we got in the state. Maybe a position change in future for 1 of the 2 '19 QBs, Karst seems like a freak athlete but Id like to see him at QB. Hope we get him. Be good to have 2 good QB committs.
                        He was just okay at the prospect camp. I think his film is better then he showed at camp. It'll be interesting to see how his senior year plays out and if he earns an official scholarship.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Tbh, assuming Gibbs redshirts this year and assuming he's as good as advertised, I don't think we'll be needing another starting QB until 2023. Good to have options, because we all know it doesn't always pan out like planned, but Gibbs looks gooood.

Comment

I kind of had the same thought but then, from what I can gather, he doesn't have any current DI offers. If that is the case, I'm good with offering him PWO at this point. Kind of the same boat the Johannsen kid from SF Washington is in. Both have many DII offers at this point but nothing higher.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Tbh, assuming Gibbs redshirts this year and assuming he's as good as advertised, I don't think we'll be needing another starting QB until 2023. Good to have options, because we all know it doesn't always pan out like planned, but Gibbs looks gooood.
                              While i agree that J'Bore looks to be the next man up, we are only as good as our backup QB so having 1 or 2 quality guys hanging in that room too would be good. When the bison needed Stick to step up regarding Wentz's injury they barely skipped a beat. That's the depth we've failed to possess in years past.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                                While i agree that J'Bore looks to be the next man up, we are only as good as our backup QB so having 1 or 2 quality guys hanging in that room too would be good. When the bison needed Stick to step up regarding Wentz's injury they barely skipped a beat. That's the depth we've failed to possess in years past.
                                I agree 100%. In all reality 2019 season should be Gibbs with backups possibly being 19 recruits. 9 man QB getting the PWO vs Sioux Falls Washington QB not getting it? Maybe thats another discussion in itself. Karst reminds me much of #6 back in the day. Lets get him to be a Jack!!

Comment

Working...
                                X