X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting List

From Zimmer's article on all of the commitments:

"With SDSU coming off the best season in program history (they were 11-3 and reached the FCS semifinals in 2017) and getting tight end Dallas Goedert drafted in the second round, there’s a sense that this is a crucial year for recruiting, and Jackson said the staff is learning to be more aggressive in selling themselves. That’s allowed them to be a little more picky and pursue players who want to win, not just land a Division I scholarship.

“One thing this program has always had is humility, and that’s good,” Jackson said. “However, we’ve talked about, not just last year but the last six years, being more aggressive and confident, because we believe so much in what we’re doing here. The expectations of winning has created higher expectations in recruiting, and the kids we’ve brought in feel it. The overwhelming consensus with the kids we’ve signed has been that they want to win. Go down the list and that’s what they’re focused on – winning.”"

Holy ****, YESSS!!! Love this attitude. Let's move from "the nice guys" to having a killer instinct. Don't get me wrong, I love SDSU's football program, but I think it has lacked that aggressiveness that Jackson talked about.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      From Zimmer's article on all of the commitments:

"With SDSU coming off the best season in program history (they were 11-3 and reached the FCS semifinals in 2017) and getting tight end Dallas Goedert drafted in the second round, there’s a sense that this is a crucial year for recruiting, and Jackson said the staff is learning to be more aggressive in selling themselves. That’s allowed them to be a little more picky and pursue players who want to win, not just land a Division I scholarship.

“One thing this program has always had is humility, and that’s good,” Jackson said. “However, we’ve talked about, not just last year but the last six years, being more aggressive and confident, because we believe so much in what we’re doing here. The expectations of winning has created higher expectations in recruiting, and the kids we’ve brought in feel it. The overwhelming consensus with the kids we’ve signed has been that they want to win. Go down the list and that’s what they’re focused on – winning.”"

Holy ****, YESSS!!! Love this attitude. Let's move from "the nice guys" to having a killer instinct. Don't get me wrong, I love SDSU's football program, but I think it has lacked that aggressiveness that Jackson talked about.
      Yes. So much this. To be honest we lacked that swagger. I think Eck has really brought that with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Offer:

Walker Kinney, 6'3" 215 lbs QB out of Stilwell, KS.
        https://www.hudl.com/profile/6058462/Walker-Kinney
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          Offer:

Walker Kinney, 6'3" 215 lbs QB out of Stilwell, KS.
          https://www.hudl.com/profile/6058462/Walker-Kinney
          Moves well, strong arm , spots his receivers and gets the ball to them when they are open. What's not to like? Good prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            Holden tested well at the June 11 Prospect Camp. Weighed 257 and ran a 5.28 40 and a 4.72 pro agility. He would be a defensive lineman for the Jacks.

Looks like it may tough to pry him away from USD as he has big family ties to USD. JackJD, can you shed any light?
            I'd only be guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              I'd only be guessing.
              I'll venture a guess that might sway him one way or the other besides having family ties to the Yotes...If he is projecting as a D-lineman we will need to decide if he wants to play the 3-4 or 4-3 D-line. Or they may have a totally different thought on how they'd use him.

Comment

Nope, Holden to USD.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Nope, Holden to USD.
                  We already have two linebacker commitments. I think we will be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Correct but we did lose 2 or 3 LB recruits in last year's class late to FBS schools. Seth Benson from Washington was one of them. So i'm guessing that position is a point of emphasis this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      Correct but we did lose 2 or 3 LB recruits in last year's class late to FBS schools. Seth Benson from Washington was one of them. So i'm guessing that position is a point of emphasis this year.
                      Plus losing Noah Urbanek to concussion issues.

Comment

Nope, Holden to USD.
                        So much for that. The guessing is over.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          He’ll be a dlineman. If the yotes plan to use a 5.3 40 linebacker they can have him. Haha

Comment

He’ll be a dlineman. If the yotes plan to use a 5.3 40 linebacker they can have him. Haha
                            Yeah, that’s a slow LB.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              Yeah, that’s a slow LB.

That's a slow DT

Comment

Ant Williams Jr. commits to Michigan State. Jacks were first to offer him last June.

Comment

Working...
                                X