X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Oliver Carras just flipped to Arizona State. I had wondered how committed he was to the Jacks as his level of interaction between the coaches, team, and future teammates on twitter was not much compared to the rest of the group.
    If we are shooting high enough it's going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Oliver Carras just flipped to Arizona State. I had wondered how committed he was to the Jacks as his level of interaction between the coaches, team, and future teammates on twitter was not much compared to the rest of the group.
      That's too bad, but I think we'll be okay at DE in this class as long as we're able to sign Johnson and Hicks.

Watching those two's senior highlight reels will cheer up any Jackrabbit fan:

Quinton Hicks

Caden Johnson
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Nic Basten flips to Princeton. I always kind of felt like his verbal was a "soft" verbal anyways. Tough to turn down a free Ivy League education.

We're still okay along the offensive line with Donald, Vibert, Westendorf, Beerntsen, and Beck coming in. Beerntsen and Beck are projects but I feel like the other three could compete early.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Just to recap the last week.
          Jacks have offered:
          Von Young IV- OLB, Independence, MO https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4034978...ea89207c1c697d
          Shane Ramon Dailey Jr.- Bellevue, NE http://www.hudl.com/v/2As1QV
          Kyle Atkinson Jr.- Burnsville, MN http://www.hudl.com/v/2ArE3d

Jacks have lost:
          Luke Reimer: PWO Nebraska
          Oliver Carras: Arizona State
          Nic Basten: Princeton

Obviously, Young is a response to Reimer decommiting as they happened on the exact same day. Dailey and Atkinson are interesting as I think this means that some of the higher profile guys (Love, Welch or Marqui and Depriest) might have said "no, thanks."

They are still waiting on Hull but I can't get a feel for where he is at. Again, wouldn't be shocked if he waits for the late signing period once FBS schools see where the dust settles on the early signing. Lots of flipping going on right now and lots of coaching changes causing disruptions to the verballed classes.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

It appears that Husker fever is growing stronger for Nebraska preps. Scott Frost is building the walk-on program and I suspect towards levels when he was playing.

We've lost Reimer to a walk-on offer, Caden McCormack, a LB out of Lincoln Southwest committed earlier this week. He had an offer from us. Yesterday, a lineman from York that we had been working on but I don't think we had offered, made the walk-on commitment. Noah Stafursky's comments to the Omaha World Herald fit with a lot of kids from Husker nation, "I wanted that feeling of pride that comes along with being a Husker player from Nebraska."

Moving on...

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
              It appears that Husker fever is growing stronger for Nebraska preps. Scott Frost is building the walk-on program and I suspect towards levels when he was playing.

We've lost Reimer to a walk-on offer, Caden McCormack, a LB out of Lincoln Southwest committed earlier this week. He had an offer from us. Yesterday, a lineman from York that we had been working on but I don't think we had offered, made the walk-on commitment. Noah Stafursky's comments to the Omaha World Herald fit with a lot of kids from Husker nation, "I wanted that feeling of pride that comes along with being a Husker player from Nebraska."

Moving on...

Stay in touch with all and be prepared to move quickly when necessary. Landing the Snyder brothers in the 11th hour is an example. I also expect some surprises.. we get those annually. I also hold out for the next Cole Brodie winner each year... Our successes would be noted by FBS transfers as well.

Comment

Moving on...
                I understand Nebraska kids wanting to be a Husker, it is religion there. HOWEVER give it a few years when these walk on's are not getting the opportunities to play. I suspect many transfers from Nebraska. Old Scotty is promising a lot right now, but taking a pile of walk on's every single year, kids that expected to play that don't are going to find new homes. I would suspect some will get cut as well, it isn't the days of Dr. Tom where you could have 200 kids on the roster.

Comment

From what I can tell, NCAA rules allow for 105 players to be on a team's football roster before the first day of class or the first game, whichever comes first. But when school is in session, there is no roster limit. So, in theory, Nebraska could have a school-year roster with 1,000 walk-ons. Of course, most of them wouldn't see enough action in a month of practice to wash their socks. I don't know if Nebraska has its own roster limit. It should. (The scholarship limit for FBS schools is 85. FCS schools get 63.)
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                    I understand Nebraska kids wanting to be a Husker, it is religion there. HOWEVER give it a few years when these walk on's are not getting the opportunities to play. I suspect many transfers from Nebraska. Old Scotty is promising a lot right now, but taking a pile of walk on's every single year, kids that expected to play that don't are going to find new homes. I would suspect some will get cut as well, it isn't the days of Dr. Tom where you could have 200 kids on the roster.
                    You are correct in that most of these kids will not make it. However, they are very good about giving kids a chance. One of my son's best friends from high school would have jumped at an offer from UNL or SDSU coming out of high school. He didn't get either and took an offer from DII University of Nebraska, Kearney. After one year of starting at that level he took a walk-on opportunity with the Huskers. Ended up starting on special teams for 3 years and as a fullback for two years. His last year serving as one of their captains and then had opportunities with the Falcons and Vikings this last summer and fall. Those types of stories happen all the time at all levels of football. When they happen at Nebraska, it generates a cult like following from the coaches, players, parents and small town media. Everyone buys into it and those are the stories people remember. Then the next batch of recruits come in and the next group of walk-ons sign on instead of taking an opportunity with an FCS or DII program.

Frost is taking more Nebraska sons as walk-ons than any of his predecessors since Coach Tom O. I don't see that changing. If he takes an one additional scholarship athlete from our signing class each year, it could be the next Josh Manchigiah, Makiah Slade, Marquise Lewis, Cade Johnson, Isaac Wallace, Luke Sellers, Jack Domandle, Elijah Wilson, or Ryan Earith. There are more Nebraska Jacks, but it's usually one of our top recruits that they often get from our Nebraska class. How many of these players would have taken Frost's offer that his predecessors would not have taken? Losing half of those listed above would be like losing one high profile recruit out of Nebraska each year.

Take a look at the five previous classes for Nebraska prior to Frost taking over. Two players that we recruited hard took PWOs from the Huskers instead of coming to Brookings or another college. Last year Frost flipped LB Joey Johnson from Gretna from an SDSU offer. This year he's already flipped Luke Reimer and Grant Detlefsen from SDSU commitments. He's also taken more Nebraskan's with SDSU offers this year than were taken in the previous six years combined. That's a trend I see continuing. Dan Jackson has been amazing on the recruiting trail. If we lose him, there will be a huge void for locking up future Nebraska Jacks. Jackson has been amazing and I can't believe he won't garner well deserved consideration from others in the future.

Comment

You are correct in that most of these kids will not make it. However, they are very good about giving kids a chance. One of my son's best friends from high school would have jumped at an offer from UNL or SDSU coming out of high school. He didn't get either and took an offer from DII University of Nebraska, Kearney. After one year of starting at that level he took a walk-on opportunity with the Huskers. Ended up starting on special teams for 3 years and as a fullback for two years. His last year serving as one of their captains and then had opportunities with the Falcons and Vikings this last summer and fall. Those types of stories happen all the time at all levels of football. When they happen at Nebraska, it generates a cult like following from the coaches, players, parents and small town media. Everyone buys into it and those are the stories people remember. Then the next batch of recruits come in and the next group of walk-ons sign on instead of taking an opportunity with an FCS or DII program.

Frost is taking more Nebraska sons as walk-ons than any of his predecessors since Coach Tom O. I don't see that changing. If he takes an one additional scholarship athlete from our signing class each year, it could be the next Josh Manchigiah, Makiah Slade, Marquise Lewis, Cade Johnson, Isaac Wallace, Luke Sellers, Jack Domandle, Elijah Wilson, or Ryan Earith. There are more Nebraska Jacks, but it's usually one of our top recruits that they often get from our Nebraska class. How many of these players would have taken Frost's offer that his predecessors would not have taken? Losing half of those listed above would be like losing one high profile recruit out of Nebraska each year.

Take a look at the five previous classes for Nebraska prior to Frost taking over. Two players that we recruited hard took PWOs from the Huskers instead of coming to Brookings or another college. Last year Frost flipped LB Joey Johnson from Gretna from an SDSU offer. This year he's already flipped Luke Reimer and Grant Detlefsen from SDSU commitments. He's also taken more Nebraskan's with SDSU offers this year than were taken in the previous six years combined. That's a trend I see continuing. Dan Jackson has been amazing on the recruiting trail. If we lose him, there will be a huge void for locking up future Nebraska Jacks. Jackson has been amazing and I can't believe he won't garner well deserved consideration from others in the future.
                      They must not teach economics in Nebraska. If I was recruiting kid's I'd be sure to sell that with what college cost these days. The cost to walk on, Man. Big time Cost if you don't see the field year 1.

Comment

Great win yesterday! Now, let's a few more pieces to this talented and deep team!

Comment

Torren Union commits tithe Jacks per his twitter. If you are wondering if he is in that Union family you would be correct. Gabrielle is his Aunt.

Comment

With their coaching staff turning over, it may be open season on Bison recruits. Maybe there's a couple of those guys that the Jacks want.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...man-head-coach
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                              Torren Union commits tithe Jacks per his twitter. If you are wondering if he is in that Union family you would be correct. Gabrielle is his Aunt.
                              Anyone know what position this young man is projected to play?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                                Anyone know what position this young man is projected to play?
                                I believe CB is what WSR told me...to add to the Gabrielle is his aunt that makes Dwayne Wade his uncle.

Comment

Working...
                                X