This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Jackrabbits get their cornerback for the 2019 Class.

https://twitter.com/Diamond_Evans16/...52613677240320

Diamond Evans. 5'11 CB from Illinois. Part of the powerhouse Mid-West Boom 7 on 7 team. Nice to finally land one of these guys.

Had offers from: Indiana St, UNI, Columbia, Air Force, Fordham, Brown, USD, Montana St, UND, NDSU, and WIU.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Jackrabbits get their cornerback for the 2019 Class.

https://twitter.com/Diamond_Evans16/...52613677240320

Diamond Evans. 5'11 CB from Illinois. Part of the powerhouse Mid-West Boom 7 on 7 team. Nice to finally land one of these guys.

Had offers from: Indiana St, UNI, Columbia, Air Force, Fordham, Brown, USD, Montana St, UND, NDSU, and WIU.
      Why didn't you include this link?!

https://twitter.com/MidwestBOOM/stat...91067685515265

Wow.... I know it's 7 on 7, but wow...

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Why didn't you include this link?!

https://twitter.com/MidwestBOOM/stat...91067685515265

Wow.... I know it's 7 on 7, but wow...
        That is outstanding. Wow!
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

DE- Ethan Smith commits to Air Force: https://twitter.com/Ethan35smith/sta...13041192083456
          Safety: Martez Manuel to Missouri: https://twitter.com/martezmanuel13/s...53595457896448

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Appears Nebraska pursuing Darnell and Reimer. Assume for preferred walkons.
            Both were in Brookings this weekend. Any insight whether we are good with these two or will we not know until they sign officially?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Both were in Brookings this weekend. Any insight whether we are good with these two or will we not know until they sign officially?
              We're fine. Unless Nebraska offers some money I don't see them flipping.

Comment

Wyoming has now offered Latrell Bible DE out of Minneapolis.

Comment

Anthonie Cooper verballed to Arizona St

Comment

It's amazing to me that we haven't even started conference play in 2018, and our recruiting class is almost full. That early signing period and the coaches adjustments to the recruiting calendar have made for an interesting dynamic.

So how many scholarships will we be offering to the 2019 class? Will we hold any for the highly ranked players that fall through the cracks after the initial signing period due to the numbers games that Power 5 programs have to deal with? We have 14 seniors on the roster and I'm not sure if all are on scholarship. Furthermore, there are always some who leave the program prior to completing their senior year of eligibility.

We have 19 commits on the list, and there often are individuals who haven't made public announcements that could be in the fold. Moreover, some on the list are preferred walk-ons.

So during improvement week, what are your thoughts on the class and how many more targets do we have out there? What are the positions of need versus what is this class bringing in? (I find it interesting that Pupungatoa and Weir are the only senior offensive linemen, yet the coaches are bringing in five offensive linemen thus far. Yes, you need to bring in extras as they don't always pan out for various reasons. we also brought in five last year too. However, I suspect that we are offering more than two schollies to the 2019 class.)

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                      It's amazing to me that we haven't even started conference play in 2018, and our recruiting class is almost full. That early signing period and the coaches adjustments to the recruiting calendar have made for an interesting dynamic.

So how many scholarships will we be offering to the 2019 class? Will we hold any for the highly ranked players that fall through the cracks after the initial signing period due to the numbers games that Power 5 programs have to deal with? We have 14 seniors on the roster and I'm not sure if all are on scholarship. Furthermore, there are always some who leave the program prior to completing their senior year of eligibility.

We have 19 commits on the list, and there often are individuals who haven't made public announcements that could be in the fold. Moreover, some on the list are preferred walk-ons.

So during improvement week, what are your thoughts on the class and how many more targets do we have out there? What are the positions of need versus what is this class bringing in? (I find it interesting that Pupungatoa and Weir are the only senior offensive linemen, yet the coaches are bringing in five offensive linemen thus far. Yes, you need to bring in extras as they don't always pan out for various reasons. we also brought in five last year too. However, I suspect that we are offering more than two schollies to the 2019 class.)
                      The other question is how many are partial scholarships are they offering, how many are on a PWO with the option to prove/earn Scholarship dollars?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        The other question is how many are partial scholarships are they offering, how many are on a PWO with the option to prove/earn Scholarship dollars?
                        We'll lose 2-4 players to late offers from FBS schools like Iowa and Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                          We'll lose 2-4 players to late offers from FBS schools like Iowa and Minnesota.
                          We also have a number of players from last years class who I'm guessing will be put on scholarship. Gales, Snyder, and the Janke twins being the four that come to mind right now. I'm sure there are others who may be earning their money too.

Comment

I heard Coach Stig speak at a lunch event earlier this week. He said the Jacks are recruiting for 19 slots and have 16 commits so far. They're holding one of the schollies for a running back they're competing for. Among other tidbits, he mentioned that Grant Schmidt of Sioux Falls, the transfer from Ohio State and Cincinnati, is injured and probably a month away from practicing.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              I heard Coach Stig speak at a lunch event earlier this week. He said the Jacks are recruiting for 19 slots and have 16 commits so far. They're holding one of the schollies for a running back they're competing for. Among other tidbits, he mentioned that Grant Schmidt of Sioux Falls, the transfer from Ohio State and Cincinnati, is injured and probably a month away from practicing.
                              Someone should let Stig know we have 20 commits. haha

The RB is Evan Hull. Leads the state of Minnesota in rushing with 706 yards. NDSU has offered. Colorado has shown interest.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                Someone should let Stig know we have 20 commits. haha

The RB is Evan Hull. Leads the state of Minnesota in rushing with 706 yards. NDSU has offered. Colorado has shown interest.
                                Post 1 on this thread shows 19 commitments. Who we missing there?

Do you suppose Stig counts the 16 as scholarship commitments and we have 3 preferred walk-ons?
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X