X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    In rural situations schools will schedule their closest competition regardless of classification, it wouldn't be financially feasible to travel to schools only in their classification . Take for instance North Border in 9AA, their six closest competitors in 9AA are from 2 to 2.5 hours away. Now take into account some kids may be driving an hour or more just to get to their new co-op school. The schools then are left with the choice of playing a 7pm game and have kids get home at 1 in the morning or play at 4 in the afternoon with no one in attendance.

Rural schools are a completely different world than what most 11 man schools face.
    Having one 9 man division will fix the problem.

Comment

This debate has been fun, but time to get back to the recruiting thread. Jacks have one RB commit so far and many of our FCS peers have landed recruiting ranking studs. The latest offer to commit elsewhere is Luke Skokna to Western Illinois.

RB - Luke Skokna, 5'9" 174, Hinsdale, IL - Western Illinois
      Offers: UND, Western Illinois, Northern Michigan, Brown, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, Stetson

So do we need another running back or will Baily Darnell, the running back out of Auburn, NE, be the only bullet we need in this class for running back? He's worked his way up in the Omaha World Herald's rankings to #16 overall and fourth best linebacker in the class of 2019. The OWH projects him as an outside linebacker or a safety in college.

NebraskaJack, do you have any perspective on Baily? I never get to see high school players from the southeast corner of Nebraska play.

Comment

Originally posted by hometownjack View Post
        There has not been a Sioux Falls team knocked out of the playoffs by a team outside of Sioux Falls with the exception of Brandon Valley since 2009. We need at least 3 classes of 11 man. Sioux Falls teams playing against the higher enrollment 11A teams could pose a safety issue. They are that much bigger faster stronger.
        I have to strongly disagree with this as well.

But proves the point that if a certain subset of teams gets too good, such as the SF teams, let's not try to strive to meet their level of play. Rather, let's just drop down a class or create another class so we don't have to play the mighty SF teams.

It is a philosophical change that needs to occur. I always used to bash the SDHSAA on things like this. But the more I learn the more I understand these decisions are made by the HS athletic directors as they are the ones who vote on these items. Those are the ones who are voting to create more classifications so their school has an easier road to the dome. That's as short sighted as it gets but as long as they have this power, it won't change.

Comment

1-6, 1-9, 1-11 (total of 3) divisions based on enrollment. Takes all the who has bigger and stronger kid arguements out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
            This debate has been fun, but time to get back to the recruiting thread. Jacks have one RB commit so far and many of our FCS peers have landed recruiting ranking studs. The latest offer to commit elsewhere is Luke Skokna to Western Illinois.

Offers: UND, Western Illinois, Northern Michigan, Brown, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, Stetson

So do we need another running back or will Baily Darnell, the running back out of Auburn, NE, be the only bullet we need in this class for running back? He's worked his way up in the Omaha World Herald's rankings to #16 overall and fourth best linebacker in the class of 2019. The OWH projects him as an outside linebacker or a safety in college.

NebraskaJack, do you have any perspective on Baily? I never get to see high school players from the southeast corner of Nebraska play.
            Baily will play safety for the Jacks. I think they are still shopping for a back with Evan Hull at the top of the list.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

How about Kimball's Bo Donald? Do we land the massive lineman, or do the Bison steal one from our backyard? He's apparently a priority recruit for them.

Comment

If Tupak from Sioux Falls Washington can get his grades up he could be a very effective running back and a steal.

Comment

How about Kimball's Bo Donald? Do we land the massive lineman, or do the Bison steal one from our backyard? He's apparently a priority recruit for them.
                  I'd say he's a priority recruit for SDSU also. Judging by his likes its between us and NDSU. He also follows a number of the coaches for both Wyoming and Nebraska. If he chooses SDSU it would certainly be a big win!
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by hometownjack View Post
                    Slosho I would agree with your early statement that 11AA and 11AAA could go back to being in same class. However that only had 16/17 teams in it. In order to get down to 2 classes of 11 man you would have to combine 11A and 11B and that would be over 40 teams. More than likely they would move up some A teams to AA to even it out. I just don't think Lennox needs to be playing Sioux Falls Washington is all.
                    Fair point. I was how ever really just focusing on 11AA and 1AAAs. So to clarify my statement I really don't think we should have AAA.

Comment

Agreed 100%

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        Fair point. I was how ever really just focusing on 11AA and 1AAAs. So to clarify my statement I really don't think we should have AAA.
                        They need to build another high school in Sioux Falls. That would even things out and they could combine the 2 classes again. And 1-9man class is enough. The 11AA and 11AAA polls are hilarious. Everyone is either in the top 5 or receiving votes. Im not sure why they bother having polls for those 2 classes

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          They need to build another high school in Sioux Falls. That would even things out and they could combine the 2 classes again. And 1-9man class is enough. The 11AA and 11AAA polls are hilarious. Everyone is either in the top 5 or receiving votes. Im not sure why they bother having polls for those 2 classes
                          A 4th public high school in Sioux Falls is going to happen near Sanford Sports Complex.

Comment

With the young stable of RBs we have right now, I'm guessing RB isn't that big of a concern for the 2019 class.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                              1-6, 1-9, 1-11 (total of 3) divisions based on enrollment. Takes all the who has bigger and stronger kid arguements out of it.
                              I hope that you are only half serious with this. There are 60 teams that play 11-man football. A Sioux Falls school has more seniors that Flandreau has in the 7th-12th grades (probably).

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                                I hope that you are only half serious with this. There are 60 teams that play 11-man football. A Sioux Falls school has more seniors that Flandreau has in the 7th-12th grades (probably).
                                Well, Roosevelt has 2,300 kids in 9-12, approx. 500 seniors (more than any A school has in all of 9-12). Flandreau has 288 from 7-12.

Comment

Working...
                                X