X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Thought maybe we would learn of a verbal or two from the 5 that visited last weekend!
    Me too.

I think we have to be the leaders for Blakley and Frater. It looks like they had a good visit and have been interacting with some of the current players on Twitter. I've heard Frahm is a hot commodity and will be taking lots of visits. After sitting out this year at Nebraska I'm sure he's ready to get back on the field and kicking. I wonder if he would want to wait another year for Chase to graduate. I wonder how much scholarship $ we have left for Strohbeen. It looks like he has offers from USD and the Iowa CC's. He'd be a really good get to an already strong offensive line class.

I think we are out on Marqui. Arnheim has been following liking a number of uncommitted wide receivers in Florida so maybe we are back on the hunt for another wide receiver.

I'm also thinking we add another edge rusher. Some type of hybrid like a JT Hassel. We'll see if that happens or not.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Me too.

I think we have to be the leaders for Blakley and Frater. It looks like they had a good visit and have been interacting with some of the current players on Twitter. I've heard Frahm is a hot commodity and will be taking lots of visits. After sitting out this year at Nebraska I'm sure he's ready to get back on the field and kicking. I wonder if he would want to wait another year for Chase to graduate. I wonder how much scholarship $ we have left for Strohbeen. It looks like he has offers from USD and the Iowa CC's. He'd be a really good get to an already strong offensive line class.

I think we are out on Marqui. Arnheim has been following liking a number of uncommitted wide receivers in Florida so maybe we are back on the hunt for another wide receiver.

I'm also thinking we add another edge rusher. Some type of hybrid like a JT Hassel. We'll see if that happens or not.
      Disappointing on Marqui. Sounds like a great kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Looking at Frater's size, speed, and film, it doesn't seem like his offers match his talent thus far. Are coaches seeing him as a tweener and not sure what position to play him at? To me he seems to be super undervalued especially playing HS ball in Florida.
        Yes please!

Comment

Evan Hull now has offer from Big10 Northwestern.

Comment

Kyle Atkinson got an offer from Rutgers.

Comment

It appears that Marqui Johnson is headed to Idaho per his Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Maybe he still thinks they are a FBS school?!
                Last edited by SteelSD; 01-20-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Odd. More scholarship money? Immediate playing time perhaps.

Comment

Cole Frahm, K from Nebraska is in for the Jacks.
                    https://twitter.com/cole_frahm/statu...551724544?s=21
                    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 01-20-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Chris Howard verballed to Central Arkansas.
                      WR - Chris Howard, 5'10" 185, Lakeland, FL - HUDL
                      Offers: Tenn Tech

KeJuan Hay verballed to Pittsburgh State.
                      LB - KeJuan Hay, 6'1" 225, Owasso, OK - HUDL
                      Offers: Missouri State, Texas State, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Tyson Riley verballed to Army.
                      Safety/QB - Tyson Riley, 6'3" 200, Springfield, MO (Springfield Catholic) - HUDL
                      Offers: Army

Marques White verballed to Dartmouth.
                      Safety/DE - Marques White, 6'2" 203, Phoenix, AZ (Brophy College Prep) - HUDL
                      Offers: Army

*all were found on their Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Odd. More scholarship money? Immediate playing time perhaps.
                        Likely. Good kid but his size is going to be a challenge at the D1 level. Significantly smaller than listed on HUDL. Reading between the lines but I don’t think his OV ended well considering the other guys who were here all tweeted about their great time and/or offer and Marqui unfollowing most accounts related to SDSU.

Comment

Strohbeen, Blakley and Frater are remaining offers?

Comment

Frater is in as a Jackrabbit.

https://twitter.com/tyrece_frater/st...268626945?s=21

Comment

Nice! Interesting how Southern Illinois offered after Tyrece did his official visit to SDSU. Now Blakely hopefully!

Comment

Jacks are building something special on the DL and OL. Really good to see this as an area of emphasis the past few years since Eck and Smith joined the staff.

Comment

Working...
                                X