X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Do you see him more as a DT in the future or will they work with him to manage his weight so that he can remain at DE like they've done with Ryan Earith? He appears more physical versus speed/finesse.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Jacks are building something special on the DL and OL. Really good to see this as an area of emphasis the past few years since Eck and Smith joined the staff.
      I thought I saw on Twitter yesterday that another Florida 2019 is visiting this weekend, but I can't find it back. It said he was originally going to visit the 10th. He could be that 6th player who was scheduled to visit that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I thought I saw on Twitter yesterday that another Florida 2019 is visiting this weekend, but I can't find it back. It said he was originally going to visit the 10th. He could be that 6th player who was scheduled to visit that weekend.
        Zac Wilson. Edge. https://twitter.com/zac_wilson44/sta...855760896?s=21
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Jacks are building something special on the DL and OL. Really good to see this as an area of emphasis the past few years since Eck and Smith joined the staff.
          No offense to the staff, but I'll believe if when I see it in regards to the D-Line. I've heard it at the start of every year that pressuring the QB is going to be an emphasis, and it never turns into results.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Cole Frahm, K from Nebraska is in for the Jacks.
            https://twitter.com/cole_frahm/statu...551724544?s=21
            Updated the list, so please let me know if there is anything I missed.

I found an interesting story on Cole Frahm from the Lincoln Journal-Star on his transfer. Near the bottom of the story is a few players that are no longer on the team. Two of them are notable as Alec Cromer was a touted QB commitment for the Jacks a few years ago is leaving the Huskers after he transferred there to be a punter. Conor Young has one year of eligibility left as a WR out of Cozad, NE. Young had an offer from SDSU a few years ago and I thought Dan Jackson was going to lock him up until he took the redshirt offer from the Huskers. He had a good sophomore season for the Huskers, starting one game against Ohio State. His biggest contribution was on special teams.

We are going to lose some recruits to the walk-on program for the Huskers, but this is a reminder that while for many their hearts bleed Husker red, they can get real opportunities in Brookings. Frahm had a legit try at the beginning of the season for the kicker position, but was dropped from the roster after the season started. Young was on the travel roster with a start during his sophomore season, but did not appear in a game this season.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Strohbeen, Blakley and Frater are remaining offers?
              Blakley verballed to the Jacks per his Twitter.

Comment

Blakley verballed to the Jacks per his Twitter.
                This is a really good get. Hopefully he’ll be the next great jackrabbit back when Pierre and CJ are done.

I see the Jacks still adding 1 more WR, an edge rusher, and an OL; either Strohbeen or this kid from Germany.

Comment

This is a really good get. Hopefully he’ll be the next great jackrabbit back when Pierre and CJ are done.
                  Do you really see him being the type of athlete that waits for Pierre & CJ to graduate? That is 3 years from now, and he seems like a kid to have too much potential right away to have sitting on the bench. Is there any chance he plays defense?

Comment

Originally posted by hometownjack View Post
                    Do you really see him being the type of athlete that waits for Pierre & CJ to graduate? That is 3 years from now, and he seems like a kid to have too much potential right away to have sitting on the bench. Is there any chance he plays defense?
                    I'm guessing it will be similar to the role that CJ and Pierre were expecting this year before the injury to Issac Wallace. After he redshirts, those two will be juniors. I'm sure if he's talented enough he'll get worked into the rotation out of the backfield or will serve as a kick and or punt returner. He could play defense too but I know that he was signed to play running back.
                    Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 01-23-2019, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing it will be similar to the role that CJ and Pierre were expecting this year before the Issac Wallace. After he redshirts, those two will be juniors. I'm sure if he's talented enough he'll get worked into the rotation out of the backfield or will serve as a kick and or punt returner. He could play defense too but I know that he was signed to play running back.
                      You can find room for talented offensive guys in todays offenses. Plus you have injuries, academic issues, or attrition. We need depth at RB and this will give us that.

Comment

I see the Jacks still adding 1 more WR, an edge rusher, and an OL; either Strohbeen or this kid from Germany.
                        Edge rusher, Kevin Brenner, DE from Wisconsin has verballed to the Jacks.
                        https://twitter.com/THEkevinbrenner/...42066738184193

https://t.co/TBEXnN25y3

Comment

Jacks land Kevin Brenner, 6'3 225, DE from Wisconsin. He had a gameday visit last fall and got to meet Dallas Goedert.
                          Hudl: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6331665...a54f092806fe85
                          Tweet: https://twitter.com/THEkevinbrenner/...738184193?s=20

Comment

Offer extended to Darian Oxendine, 5’10 170, WR from Florida. He’s pretty dynamic.

https://twitter.com/daydaytofly01/st...715014144?s=21

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5437596...7a340d50394e75

Comment

Lineman from Germany/Nebraska committed today. The first block on his hudl is amazing.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                Lineman from Germany/Nebraska committed today. The first block on his hudl is amazing.
                                Nice one! The German. Will definetly need a redshirt year.
                                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                                X