X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Nothing like showing off our beastly cold weather. They get a chance to take it or leave it if you are from Florida. I still remember a bunch from Arizona visiting in January, seems like Jimmy Rogers was one of them. Honesty is the best policy so they say.
    It’s supposed to be nearly 40 degrees Saturday and Sunday in Brookings. That is about as nice as we can hope for on the first weekend of February.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
      It’s supposed to be nearly 40 degrees Saturday and Sunday in Brookings. That is about as nice as we can hope for on the first weekend of February.
      It'll feel almost tropical after today.

Comment

I forgot about those South winds coming in to end these hell freezing temps. Hopefully it helps the recruits find their dotted line.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I forgot about those South winds coming in to end these hell freezing temps. Hopefully it helps the recruits find their dotted line.
          Do the chinook winds ever make it over this way? Those winds can make some good temperature changes rather quick.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Strohbeen is a Jack. He’s one of the two who had told me they had verballed.
            https://twitter.com/tstrohbeen63/sta...526987266?s=21
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Strohbeen is a Jack. He’s one of the two who had told me they had verballed.
              https://twitter.com/tstrohbeen63/sta...526987266?s=21
              German exchange student still in play?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Yep. It’s between us and CSU. K State is monkeying around but they haven’t offered him.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Do the chinook winds ever make it over this way? Those winds can make some good temperature changes rather quick.
                  I do not know. We are drifting right now. Need to start a weather thread.
                  Good news on Strohbeen, with a surname like Strohbeen, he could be mistaken for the German exchange student.

Comment

Down in Orlando for my real job currently and it’s only 43 degrees this morning. Should prepare them well for the 30 degree weather they’ll get in Brookings this weekend!

Comment

Joey Slama- Athlete- 6'3, 180- Bon Homme, SD verbals as a PWO. https://twitter.com/joeyslama/status...192587269?s=20

Nice pick-up. Played all over the field at Bon Homme and was an All-State pick and the MVP of the 9AA championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        Down in Orlando for my real job currently and it’s only 43 degrees this morning. Should prepare them well for the 30 degree weather they’ll get in Brookings this weekend!
                        I guess there is a God after all. I don’t think many recruits base their choice on local climate. It’s what the institution has to offer in terms of educational choices and financial support. We are good in those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          https://fremonttribune.com/sports/hu...ome-the-latest

Comment

Oxendine is not visiting this weekend. I'm guessing he's going to commit to one of the Tennessee schools that he visited.

Comment

Zac Wilson verbals tonight. DE from Florida. https://twitter.com/zac_wilson44/sta...563073536?s=20

The addition of Wilson gives us four defensive ends in this class. Caden Johnson is a really powerful young man that could sneak into the rotation early. I think Quinton Hicks and Wilson may take some time to develop as they are moving to end from a linebacker position. However, both are really twitchy athletes and have a really high ceiling. Both also played TE on offense so playing out of a 3 point stance isn't completely foreign (yeah, I know DE and TE have different foot positioning). The walk-on in the group is Kevin Brenner and he also looks pretty athletic in his film and he plays with a nasty streak.

I think the coaches realized they have to get more athletic at end and generate more pressure on a consistent basis. I really hope we see more Winkelman, Tolu, and Terveer in the rotation next year. I really liked what I saw out of Reece in limited snaps. Earith can get home but he needs someone opposite him to be able to do the same on a consistent basis. Smenda and Elijah Wilson are who they are at this point.
                              Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 02-01-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Any other receivers on the radar?

Comment

Working...
                                X