X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I hope that you are only half serious with this. There are 60 teams that play 11-man football. A Sioux Falls school has more seniors that Flandreau has in the 7th-12th grades (probably).
    We all know there is no chance in this happening, as explained by a previous poster since it is controlled by the AD's, but just think of the logic, what is it about the size of the school that matters, unless there simply is not enough students to adequately man a team? If the delineation between the 11, 9, or 6 man teams is based on the enrollment, then that delineation needs to be re-evaluated. Maybe you don't play 11 man unless there are 300 or 400 students in that school? Otherwise you go to the next level? Point being, just because you are good (SF right now), shouldn't make a difference what class you are in, instead it is an adequate enrollment to have sufficient team size. So a big change could certainly be that there a good deal number of teams should NOT be playing 11 man.

Comment

... and to add, then the number of teams in the playoffs just depends on the number of teams in that classification. Perhaps 11 man would have 16 teams, 9 man would probably have 32 or more in the playoffs, since there would likely be a lot more teams there, and so on. That is similar to how it is structured today I believe, more teams in the group equates to more teams are in the playoffs.

Comment

I would suggest "Around South Dakota" or "The Lounge" if someone wants to start a thread on SD high school football classes. Then this thread could return to its titled topic.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Both Eck and Jackson have tweeted about another verbal. Eck mentioned that the best players from South Dakota stay in South Dakota with the #605Hog tag. If it is who I think it is, then it is huge news.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            Both Eck and Jackson have tweeted about another verbal. Eck mentioned that the best players from South Dakota stay in South Dakota with the #605Hog tag. If it is who I think it is, then it is huge news.
            Bo Donald ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Bo Donald ?
              Bo Donald retweeted the post from Coach Eck. Got to be him!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                My earlier comment reflects my disdain for the split of 11AA to 11AA and 11AAA which will forever irritate me. If pierre and huron cant compete for a state title the answer isn't to give everybody a trophy. Up your game man! When I was young and in SF it seemed the smaller towns dominated (outside of OG) because their kids played together since they were very young. whatever happened to that?
                The number of FB classes is beyond ridiculous. 3 classes of BB. 3 classes of VB. 3 classes of T and F. 3 classes of CC. Shoot, 2 classes of Wrestling and Golf. But 7, count em, 7 classes in Football. Beyond ridiculous.

Comment

Also wanted to add in addition, that SF does need a new HS in a bad way.

SF Roosevelt open in what 1989? That's 30 years ago.

In that time Tea has gone from no school, to a large A school. Harrisburg went from a small A school to AA.

And while we're at it, we switched seasons moons ago, so that basketball is in the Winter for the girls now... they should bring back the Sioux Interstate Conference. And let the Rapid City schools go to Wyoming.

I guess this should be a thread in another forum.

Good news on the Kimball boy!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Bo Donald retweeted the post from Coach Eck. Got to be him!
                    My thoughts exactly
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I let it percolate for a couple of days, but have not received any confirmation on Bo. However, I did switch him to the commitment list with a combination of factors. The verbal commitment was for a SD offensive lineman - he's the only o-lineman offer from the state that we had still listed in the offer column. The discrete tweets/likes on Bo's twitter account. (I love the Bo Jackson baseball tweet from Jackrabbit_Illstrtd!) Finally, the Bison Forum discussion about Bo becoming a Jackrabbit. Bo is the type of lineman that the Bison have developed for years. Big, relatively local talent that the Power5 programs overlook. It seams like every year they have an All-American in the trenches that fits the mold. Kudos to them for being so successful with that strategy.

Until I see differently, welcome to Brookings Mr. Donald!

Comment

Per their twitter:
                        jeremiah Jordan venal to Illinois St
                        scott valentas verbals to Columbia

Comment

Wonder no more: COMMITTED!
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                            Welcome to Jackland, Bo Donald! The Jacks' future looks very good.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                              Awesome to win these battles. I’m sure it helps having another Kimball native on the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Appears Nebraska pursuing Darnell and Reimer. Assume for preferred walkons.

Comment

Working...
                                X