X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    Just had Caden Johnson commit. It was in a tweet and I don’t know how to imbed tweets.
    That is a huge get for the Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      Just had Caden Johnson commit. It was in a tweet and I don’t know how to imbed tweets.
      I think this will work.

Comment

Daniel To’oto’o verballed to Northern Az. Had offer from the Jacks.

DE/TE - Daniel To'oto'o, 6'3" 230, Mesa, AZ (Skyline) - HUDL
        Offers: NAU

Comment

Caden Johnson's commitment is huge! I thought for sure he was going to walk-on at Nebraska. I believe he's the type of player that eventually starts for the Huskers during his junior and senior seasons and is more productive than their higher profiled recruits. Caden is highly thought of in Nebraska as one of the higher ranked recruits from the state. Take a look at the Omaha World Herald's story on him.

Looking at our verbal commits on the defense, the group is outstanding! Hope we get them all signed and that we don't lose one to a FBS program at the 11th hour.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
            Caden Johnson's commitment is huge! I thought for sure he was going to walk-on at Nebraska. I believe he's the type of player that eventually starts for the Huskers during his junior and senior seasons and is more productive than their higher profiled recruits. Caden is highly thought of in Nebraska as one of the higher ranked recruits from the state. Take a look at the Omaha World Herald's story on him.

Looking at our verbal commits on the defense, the group is outstanding! Hope we get them all signed and that we don't lose one to a FBS program at the 11th hour.
            I could be wrong, but I get the sense that Darnell, Reimer, and now Johnson are all solid commits unless Nebraska throws some money at them. Nebraska having an awful season (not Frost's fault, IMO) probably isn't helping. Some of the PWO's Nebraska is getting are interesting. There are a couple who have no other D1 offers but must have stood out to the coaching staff in some way to get a PWO offer.

I'm bracing myself that we will lose a few to Iowa, Nebraska, or Minnesota at some point. It sucks but its just the world we live in. I know losing Seth Benson and Mike Timm in a matter of days so close to signing day was a learning experience last year with the new commitment schedule.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              I could be wrong, but I get the sense that Darnell, Reimer, and now Johnson are all solid commits unless Nebraska throws some money at them. Nebraska having an awful season (not Frost's fault, IMO) probably isn't helping. Some of the PWO's Nebraska is getting are interesting. There are a couple who have no other D1 offers but must have stood out to the coaching staff in some way to get a PWO offer.
              I agree with you on some of the PWO's that the Huskers are getting. I've officiated a few games for some of these young men who will be walking on with the Huskers and have no scholarship offers. I'm no recruiting expert, but in 29 years of officiating, you get a sense of where there future success will be. To be sure, Dan Jackson is getting some of the premier players in Nebraska to come to Brookings.

Comment

The Jacks extended an offer to Mike Love, a receiver from Illinois. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6225995...49350b28849b50

He is Diamond Evans' teammate and was a Bowling Green verbal before decommitting a month ago. Also had offers from Northern Illinois, Western Kentucky, and Western Illinois. He is just 5'9, 175 but plays big and runs a 4.4 40.

Comment

Some recent activity...
                  Tucker Kraft and Baily Darnell picked up offers from Wyoming yesterday. We'll see what happens. Isn't it about time for Dickert (former Jackrabbit safety coach, currently at WYO) to move to somewhere new again?

Luke Reimer and Payton Shafer attended the Cornhuskers game last Saturday but as far as I can tell didn't receive a PWO offer. The Huskers handed out plenty on Saturday so as of now... we are okay.

Also, Mike Love was offered by NDSU over the weekend. I think the Jacks have the inside track on Love. He and Diamond Evans are very close. If a P5 offer comes in on Love, then he is gone but he has already decommited from a MAC school.

Comment

Darnell picked up a PWO from Nebraska, according to his Twitter. https://twitter.com/BailyDarnell/sta...04559568089088

Comment

Jacks got another verbal commitment for the 2019 class:

Payton Madison, 6'3" 235 lbs, FB out of New London, MN.
                      https://www.hudl.com/profile/10149109/Payton-Madison
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Matthew Wedig committed to Illinois St
                        christopher reames commits to Iowa

Comment

Stig indicated on his show last night we have 19 committed which includes 5 South Dakota kids and 2 open slots with some uncommitted recruits coming in this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            Stig indicated on his show last night we have 19 committed which includes 5 South Dakota kids and 2 open slots with some uncommitted recruits coming in this weekend.
                            The bigger question is how many Iowa kids? There is a a few good ones from West Sioux and Rock Valley who are both playing for state titles next week. Both have some 2020 kids that we'd really like to have on our roster. We are going to really like the 2018 Iowa kids: Greenfield, Walhof, Snyder, and Van Marel. All four future multiple year starters IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                              The bigger question is how many Iowa kids? There is a a few good ones from West Sioux and Rock Valley who are both playing for state titles next week. Both have some 2020 kids that we'd really like to have on our roster. We are going to really like the 2018 Iowa kids: Greenfield, Walhof, Snyder, and Van Marel. All four future multiple year starters IMO.
                              Two from Iowa.
                              ATH - Matt Barnett, 6'3" 197, Alburnett, IA - HUDL
                              LB - Adam Bock, 6'1" 215, Solon, IA - HUDL

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                He must be talking scholarship kids. I'm guessing running back, defensive tackle, and wide receiver.

Comment

Working...
                                X