X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    So during improvement week, what are your thoughts on the class and how many more targets do we have out there? What are the positions of need versus what is this class bringing in? (I find it interesting that Pupungatoa and Weir are the only senior offensive linemen, yet the coaches are bringing in five offensive linemen thus far. Yes, you need to bring in extras as they don't always pan out for various reasons. we also brought in five last year too. However, I suspect that we are offering more than two schollies to the 2019 class.)
    Just a few years ago we signed ZERO OL. Everyone was in a panic about the OL. Stay calm and carry on.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
      Post 1 on this thread shows 19 commitments. Who we missing there?

Do you suppose Stig counts the 16 as scholarship commitments and we have 3 preferred walk-ons?
      The missing player is pictured in the group photo that I posted on twitter that was taken by Quinton Hicks family. He hasn’t made it public on Twitter but he will be a Jack.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        Someone should let Stig know we have 20 commits. haha

The RB is Evan Hull. Leads the state of Minnesota in rushing with 706 yards. NDSU has offered. Colorado has shown interest.
        I'm guessing that Stig was referring to 19 scholarship positions. I imagine there also will be a half-dozen or more preferred walk-ons.
        This space for lease.

Comment

The missing player is pictured in the group photo that I posted on twitter that was taken by Quinton Hicks family. He hasn’t made it public on Twitter but he will be a Jack.
          OL Nick Basten?

Comment

This isn't 2019-specific, but Stig and his recruiting approaches are featured in this article from USA Today/Playced

Comment

Offer:

Chase Norblade, 6'2" 180 lbs WR/CB out of Papillion, NE.
              https://www.hudl.com/profile/5594201/Chase-Norblade
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

PWO Offer:
                Jordan Gandy, 5'10, 175, CB out of DeKalb, IL https://twitter.com/_jordangandy_/st...12196761276423
                https://www.hudl.com/profile/5069343/Jordan-Gandy

I saw him at one of the prospect camps this summer. Really physical. Him and Terrell Hall (NDSU commit) were the top two corners this summer at the prospect camps.

Comment

Thomas Motzko just picked up a PWO offer from UCLA.

Comment

Jordan Gandy commits this morning. Really a nice pickup as a PWO that could earn a scholarship down the road.
                    https://twitter.com/_jordangandy_/st...74599734751232

Comment

Anyone know if we are pursuing Larenzo William's brother?

Comment

Last weekend the Jacks had Bo Donald, Karst Hunter, Jharett Bloomenrader, and Brady Beck in for their official visits.

This weekend Thomas Motzko, Matt Barnett, Jerod Depriest, and Caden Johnson on campus

Against Montana State we had Evan Hull and Keaton Heide on their officials

Against UAPB we had Hicks, Westendorf, Kraft, Beerntsen, Basten, Carras, Shafer, Evans, Bauer, Reimer, Darnell, and Bock.

If my count is correct, it means that we will have had all verbal commits in for their official visits already besides Gandy and Vibert.

Adding Caden Johnson, Jerod Depriest, Evan Hull, and another wide receiver would make for a pretty impressive class. IMO. Those of you who hate recruiting can keep your comments to yourself... Yes, I know that the only thing that matters is what the class looks like in 3 years.

Comment

Last weekend the Jacks had Bo Donald, Karst Hunter, Jharett Bloomenrader, and Brady Beck in for their official visits.

This weekend Thomas Motzko, Matt Barnett, Jerod Depriest, and Caden Johnson on campus

Against Montana State we had Evan Hull and Keaton Heide on their officials

Against UAPB we had Hicks, Westendorf, Kraft, Beerntsen, Basten, Carras, Shafer, Evans, Bauer, Reimer, Darnell, and Bock.

If my count is correct, it means that we will have had all verbal commits in for their official visits already besides Gandy and Vibert.

Adding Caden Johnson, Jerod Depriest, Evan Hull, and another wide receiver would make for a pretty impressive class. IMO. Those of you who hate recruiting can keep your comments to yourself... Yes, I know that the only thing that matters is what the class looks like in 3 years.
                          Keep the recruiting updates coming and thanks for keeping track of it all!

Recruiting is the absolute life blood of any college program. Even if it takes a FB recruit class 3 years to mature. If the class isn't very good when they are signed, no chance of them being good in 3 years. The better the class and signees are when signed, the higher the ceiling for each of them individually and as a whole.

Comment

I'm getting psyched for Hobo Day and was looking at the roster and depth chart. It suddenly occurred to me that we will be graduating all of our punters after this season. (Hale and Christion) We've been blessed to have Brady kicking for us for four years, but with nobody left on the roster, I'm assuming the staff would like to bring in at least two.

Grant Detlefsen out of Lincoln Southeast would have been a great get, but the Huskers have got him locked up as a walk-on.

Ben Dinkel from Kearney, NE would have been a redshirt freshman this year, but he's no longer on the roster. That forced TC to become the backup this year. I'm assuming that if one of our kickers were serious options, they would have been listed on the depth chart. We know that there have been some very good kickers that have punted. Adam Vinatieri was an All-American punter for the Jacks and he ended up having an okay NFL career as a kicker. I'd also suspect that there are at least a dozen players on the roster that served as high school punters and would work in a pinch.

The staff must have some legit punters on their radar for this class. I just have to assume since it is a low profile position that we haven't heard much.

Comment

Canyon Bauer just caught his 4th TD of the night, tying the O'Gorman single season record with 14 TD's. It's only halftime.

Comment

Just had Caden Johnson commit. It was in a tweet and I don’t know how to imbed tweets.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X