This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting List

I can't add more rep to Westside for his analysis, but I too find it very interesting. Betting on the success of the team based on recruiting classes can be like investing in Vegas or almost as bad as farm commodity prices. Regardless of what anyone thinks of these players after signing day, the vast majority of our players get signed as high school seniors. The real success is from Coach Stig and his staff in developing these young men as a team. Kudos to them for the countless hours of recruiting, coaching, and mentoring these guys for the ultimate success that occurs in life after football. We just get to watch from the bleachers and banter on fan boards.

Comment

Outstanding information!

Thanks for doing it. I am apprehensive to throw kids under the bus when they don't "make it" or "can't cut it". (Not saying you are doing this)

We see how many kids left, but how many people actually realize what it takes to be a student/athlete? It is a lifestyle. And it's not always for everyone.

No one is more disappointed than I am when kids don't work out, but sometimes it's just not meant to be.

Would love to see you go back as far as you can. It would be cool to see the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job Westside. These guys are on campus at 4 to 6 years maximum. It such small portion of total life. It would be interesting to compare with NDSU. They no doubt have a few that disappear. Just before Bohl took over, predecessor had problems and a bunch of exits. Recently, with more focused recruits probably not so much.

Comment

Schulte accepts PWO with Iowa.
          ATH - Quinn Schulte, 6'1" 185, Cedar Rapids, IA (Xavier) - HUDL

Aniello verbals to Cornell.
          OT - Cole Aniello, 6'6" 300, Omaha, NE (Millard West) - HUDL
          Offers: UNI, USD, Columbia, Cornell

Comment

Michael Drotzmann Punter from Yankton verbals.
            https://twitter.com/michaeldrotz/sta...838348800?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Michael Drotzmann Punter from Yankton verbals.
              https://twitter.com/michaeldrotz/sta...838348800?s=21
              Left foot kicker!

Comment

Evan Hull may have become a long shot. Klieman just offered him at K-State

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Evan Hull may have become a long shot. Klieman just offered him at K-State
                  Of course he wouldn’t stop being a pain in our ass lol

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Westside is reporting on his Twitter that we have 3 guys visiting this weekend.
                    - Marqui Johnson from AZ who has an offer.
                    - Tyrese Frater, LB/DE out of FL
                    - Devin Blakely out of IL who once was committed to Miami (Oh). He was a former teammate of Diamond Evans, SDSU signee.

Comment

- Devin Blakely out of IL who once was committed to Miami (Oh). He was a former teammate of Diamond Evans, SDSU signee.
                      Hope we can land Johnson, he looks like quite an offensive player on his highlights, and seems like he comes from a real good family.

Comment

I'm really excited about Blakley. His junior tape is phenomenal. I have no idea why he didn't play for Nazareth his senior year but I do feel bad for the kid because Miami pulled his offer the Sunday before signing day when they had another recruit who was higher ranked commit. He had been verbally committed for 4+ months. I think he was planning to play DB for them but I'm guessing he'd play RB for us.

Frater is a bull. Check out his tape! He does tend to play a little bit high but I think that may have to do with the poor quality lineman across from him. I think a year in the weight room and getting coached up on proper technique could make him a stud.

I've talked about Marqui before but has the potential to be a huge difference maker in the return game and as a receiver/gadget back, very similar to Cade Johnson.

I know there will be more players on campus this weekend but I'm still digging and working to confirm.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                          I'm really excited about Blakley. His junior tape is phenomenal. I have no idea why he didn't play for Nazareth his senior year but I do feel bad for the kid because Miami pulled his offer the Sunday before signing day when they had another recruit who was higher ranked commit. He had been verbally committed for 4+ months. I think he was planning to play DB for them but I'm guessing he'd play RB for us.

Frater is a bull. Check out his tape! He does tend to play a little bit high but I think that may have to do with the poor quality lineman across from him. I think a year in the weight room and getting coached up on proper technique could make him a stud.

I've talked about Marqui before but has the potential to be a huge difference maker in the return game and as a receiver/gadget back, very similar to Cade Johnson.

I know there will be more players on campus this weekend but I'm still digging and working to confirm.
                          Good stuff! Thanks

Comment

Nice segment on Jarod DePriest by WMBD News. Shows a lot agility on the basketball court for a kid his size.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              Of course he wouldn’t stop being a pain in our ass lol

wasnt he offered by Wyoming? Maybe he is trying to stick it to Bohl?

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

according to Eck twitter there are six recruits visiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X