Ducks v Tarheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ducks v Tarheels

You probably don't spend this kind of coin unless there's some fire to the smoke. http://www.newsobserver.com/news/loc...140688913.html

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Ugh, the Cubs, now North Carolina. It cant get much worse then that. Puke.

*than

It just got worse.
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        You probably don't spend this kind of coin unless there's some fire to the smoke. http://www.newsobserver.com/news/loc...140688913.html
        There is definitely plenty to be concerned about. UNC administration has decided it's not going to back down without a fight. It's their stance that these were not "fake classes" or "fake grades". I hope the truth is discovered but I suspect there will be a compromise and a settlement that results in both sides "winning".
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

There is a reason that the NCAA doesn't want to touch this.

It happens at most colleges and universities. Now maybe not to the level that it was at UNC, but it was amazing how all the football players had the same English 101 professor, that one professor who had about 10% of the assignments as the rest, and never graded on attendance. At somehow all of them passed.

The ? is, if its something like this, is it an acreditation issue or an athletic issue? And its a hard line to identify because if I'm a coach and I have player A. who barely qualified to get into my university in the first place, I want him taking classes where its hard to fail. Now what is the difference between "fake" and "not real".

Other than Notre Dame (which has had games vacated), what University is kicking students out for "cheating, or poor grades" very few, so that is why I think its something the NCAA doesn't want to get into because it could be an avalanche.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            There is a reason that the NCAA doesn't want to touch this.

It happens at most colleges and universities. Now maybe not to the level that it was at UNC, but it was amazing how all the football players had the same English 101 professor, that one professor who had about 10% of the assignments as the rest, and never graded on attendance. At somehow all of them passed.

The ? is, if its something like this, is it an acreditation issue or an athletic issue? And its a hard line to identify because if I'm a coach and I have player A. who barely qualified to get into my university in the first place, I want him taking classes where its hard to fail. Now what is the difference between "fake" and "not real".

Other than Notre Dame (which has had games vacated), what University is kicking students out for "cheating, or poor grades" very few, so that is why I think its something the NCAA doesn't want to get into because it could be an avalanche.
            That or it's all a facade to keep the money rolling in for the universities and the NCAA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X