Ducks v Tarheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducks v Tarheels

This is not great basketball. Perhaps it is partially explainable as a defensive struggle but certainly some of this game can only be explained as a plain old struggle by both teams.

Well, just goes to show that even some great teams have off nights or at least several minutes of less-than-stellar play.

These guys look tired.
    Last edited by JackJD; 04-01-2017, 09:28 PM.

Re: Ducks v Tarheels

The finish is getting exciting.

Comment

I see the team that eliminated SDSU made the finals. Go Zags win it all.

Comment

Four trips to the tournament. Two teams we have played now have made the finals (Michigan and Gonzaga). One to the Final Eight (Baylor) and one to the Sweet 16 (Maryland). I believe each team we have played has been ranked #1 in the country at one point during the season the Rabbits have played them in the tourney.

UNC 78 Zags 73

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
          Four trips to the tournament. Two teams we have played now have made the finals (Michigan and Gonzaga). One to the Final Eight (Baylor) and one to the Sweet 16 (Maryland). I believe each team we have played has been ranked #1 in the country at one point during the season the Rabbits have played them in the tourney.

UNC 78 Zags 73

Go Rabbits!
          Dickie V? Thats the exact score he predicted yesterday. Id be fine with that score but the Zags winning

Comment

I like the Zags tonight. Matchup well with UNC down low and with Berry hurt I give the Zags the edge with guard play. If the Zags stay out of foul trouble I think they win.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              I like the Zags tonight. Matchup well with UNC down low and with Berry hurt I give the Zags the edge with guard play. If the Zags stay out of foul trouble I think they win.
              I was zags match up well with size and length as good as anyone against unc.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Fouls killed the Zags.

So the flagrant call on Karnowski. They call that but not the one where the South Carolina guy about knocked his eye out? I really dont understand that.

Comment

Fouls killed the Zags.

So the flagrant call on Karnowski. They call that but not the one where the South Carolina guy about knocked his eye out? I really dont understand that.
                  It can get nasty under the bucket. Maybe we should feel lucky that Mike Daum still has his normal vision.

Comment

The refs may not have missed any fouls, but they did overlook this hand out of bounds! They may need to add another ref for these big games(I kid). They only called 27 fouls in the second half.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Maybe the person who emailed the LPGA about a rules violation the day after it occurred and got the leader's score changed can do something about this !

Comment

You know what they call that guy with his hand out of bounds there???

A National Champion.

Congratulations to Roy and his players. They had to battle through some of the worst shooting I've ever seen and a game with no flow due to what I would consider overly zealous officials. Officials that missed several calls as well. 3rd title for Roy, 6th overall for the UNC Tarheels. Not bad.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Ugh, the Cubs, now North Carolina. It cant get much worse then that. Puke.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wonder what the over/under is on how many of the UNC titles will end up being vacated ? Oh wait - it's North Carolina, probably zero.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              Wonder what the over/under is on how many of the UNC titles will end up being vacated ? Oh wait - it's North Carolina, probably zero.
                              UNC administration is defending itself against accusations from an investigation that may have revealed legitimate violations but that might also have been a "trumped" up report lacking all of the facts. Regardless, its the position of the athletic department that Roy Williams and his staff were not aware of any illegitimate classroom activity. You don't have to believe any of that and ultimately it doesn't matter if you do or not.

There's one National Champion this year and it's the University of North Carolina. That is a fact.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X