• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver wbb....

announcing Jim Turgeon:

http://www.denverpioneers.com/sports...032817aaa.html

Re: Denver wbb....

Looks like a good hire. He did quite well at a DII program in the state, should know the region for recruiting.

Comment

Agree with Jacks-02: Denver appears to be committing to making the Summit League better -- two-bid league may be getting closer to reality.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Agree with Jacks-02: Denver appears to be committing to making the Summit League better -- two-bid league may be getting closer to reality.
        No, they are committed to making Denver better which will make the Summit better.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          It's interesting that they went to DII, but there are some good coaches who deserve a move up. I think this guy will turn it around.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            It's interesting that they went to DII, but there are some good coaches who deserve a move up. I think this guy will turn it around.
            JD Gravina at WIU was successfully coaching D2 before arriving at Macomb and AJ was also a successful D2 coach in Brookings. Denver will be a project for the new guy since it may have been awhile since they had some success. As mentioned earlier, the familiarity with the region should give him a head start.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              JD Gravina at WIU was successfully coaching D2 before arriving at Macomb and AJ was also a successful D2 coach in Brookings. Denver will be a project for the new guy since it may have been awhile since they had some success. As mentioned earlier, the familiarity with the region should give him a head start.
              Didn't USD's new women's coach come from DII as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                Didn't USD's new women's coach come from DII as well?
                It may have been 2 jobs ago.

(I see that she was at Northern Kentucky during DI transition.)
                Last edited by OldHare; 03-29-2017, 09:11 AM. Reason: update
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

If he does a good job recruiting the Denver metro area, I think he'll find success fairly quickly.

Comment

Hey I said there are some good ones who deserve to move up. Your point was made and some. Denver will be project.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Hey I said there are some good ones who deserve to move up. Your point was made and some. Denver will be project.
                      It was your point with some real life people we all know!

Comment

It was your point with some real life people we all know!
                        Okay sorry I sat on a burr this morning. It's better now.

Comment

Working...
                        X