Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Spring Football

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I'm not sure. I talked to his mother Saturday, I didn't ask for specifics.
    Gotcha. Didn't know if it was a nagging injury or something that just popped up a specific practice. I was just up at practice yesterday and he was in full pads.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Gotcha. Didn't know if it was a nagging injury or something that just popped up a specific practice. I was just up at practice yesterday and he was in full pads.
      Sounds like he has issues with it in the past, tweaked it last week. I'm hearing there "is some work to do on the D-line". Assume that means the young guys have a lot to learn in a little bit of time.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The article on DT's that came up yesterday on GoJacks mentioned Spencer Hildahl, Matt Fry and Thomas Stacker as being in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          The article on DT's that came up yesterday on GoJacks mentioned Spencer Hildahl, Matt Fry and Thomas Stacker as being in the mix.
          Austin Barrett Redshirt FR (Douglas HS) may be in the mix as well.

Comment

I wonder if any of the true freshmen DT's have the ability to contribute this year. Dominic Simpson at 6'5" and 300 lbs certain has the size already.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...age/100173970/

Article from Zimmer on the spring scrimmages. I like that they are ramping up the intensity. Hopefully that can help eliminate the "let down game or two" we have each year.

Also talks about TC working on his form to help eliminate the high throws. I hope he can get back to more of what he was at the beginning of the season vs towards the end.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...age/100173970/

Article from Zimmer on the spring scrimmages. I like that they are ramping up the intensity. Hopefully that can help eliminate the "let down game or two" we have each year.

Also talks about TC working on his form to help eliminate the high throws. I hope he can get back to more of what he was at the beginning of the season vs towards the end.

I was at practice on Saturday, the coaches were intense. The players were responding well. All areas look good except for D-line... razor thin right now. young guys need to step up, and it wouldn't hurt to get a transfer in.
                Watch out for Blair Mulholland and Tolu Ogurinde at RB, they are talented, and will be the future for us.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                  I was at practice on Saturday, the coaches were intense. The players were responding well. All areas look good except for D-line... razor thin right now. young guys need to step up, and it wouldn't hurt to get a transfer in.
                  Watch out for Blair Mulholland and Tolu Ogurinde at RB, they are talented, and will be the future for us.
                  Do you think we are trying to eliminate that "good guy" imagine? Sometimes I think since Stig is such a nice guy that can trickle down to the players. Football is a sport where you gotta play with an edge.

Glad to hear about RB. That's been an area of weakness since Zenner graduated.

Comment

Defense is a huge concern again this year especially in the big game stopping the run. I don't see the speed necessary on defense and d line is very thin, inexperienced. The run game must be stopped versus NDSU and ISUr. A transfer defensive tackle would be great. The offense better score points because I don't see a defense that will stop the MVF offenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                      Defense is a huge concern again this year especially in the big game stopping the run. I don't see the speed necessary on defense and d line is very thin, inexperienced. The run game must be stopped versus NDSU and ISUr. A transfer defensive tackle would be great. The offense better score points because I don't see a defense that will stop the MVF offenses.
                      This is how I'm feeling as well. We shall see.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Do you think we are trying to eliminate that "good guy" imagine? Sometimes I think since Stig is such a nice guy that can trickle down to the players. Football is a sport where you gotta play with an edge.

Glad to hear about RB. That's been an area of weakness since Zenner graduated.
                        I think they are trying to change the good guy image. There is a window open with the Big 3 on offense, and it is time to win now. It is imperative that Soulek stay healthy as he will be our horse on the line, but the others are young right now. I am sure they are scouring the transfers and Junior Colleges.

Wallace was out with a concussion on Saturday, that is multiple for him, and I see him becoming the odd man out. Daniel is HUGE and will be our short yardage guy.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                          I think they are trying to change the good guy image. There is a window open with the Big 3 on offense, and it is time to win now. It is imperative that Soulek stay healthy as he will be our horse on the line, but the others are young right now. I am sure they are scouring the transfers and Junior Colleges.

Wallace was out with a concussion on Saturday, that is multiple for him, and I see him becoming the odd man out. Daniel is HUGE and will be our short yardage guy.
                          I know Daniel is the hometown hero, but I just haven't been that impressed with him. I'm excited to see what Mulholland can do, and especially Olingrude when it comes to short yardage.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            I know Daniel is the hometown hero, but I just haven't been that impressed with him. I'm excited to see what Mulholland can do, and especially Olingrude when it comes to short yardage.
                            I disagree on Daniel, I thought he looked very good in limited action last year. To me I thought he had nice balance and power and enough speed to do some damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                              Defense is a huge concern again this year especially in the big game stopping the run. I don't see the speed necessary on defense and d line is very thin, inexperienced. The run game must be stopped versus NDSU and ISUr. A transfer defensive tackle would be great. The offense better score points because I don't see a defense that will stop the MVFC offenses.
                              Not sure if I'm all in on the speed comment, but pretty much all in on our defense. ISUr won't be as much of an issue, they graduated their entire offensive line. However it will be key against YSU, USeD, and NDSU. We have to be able to stop the run. I've said it before I'm much happier to be stingy on the run and not the pass if we have to be, but we need the D to step up against the run and get off the field on 3rd down. The middle of the defense has a bunch of questions for depth and experience. It's THE thing to watch IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                                Not sure if I'm all in on the speed comment, but pretty much all in on our defense. ISUr won't be as much of an issue, they graduated their entire offensive line. However it will be key against YSU, USeD, and NDSU. We have to be able to stop the run. I've said it before I'm much happier to be stingy on the run and not the pass if we have to be, but we need the D to step up against the run and get off the field on 3rd down. The middle of the defense has a bunch of questions for depth and experience. It's THE thing to watch IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Getting off the field on 3rd down has been our Achilles heel on defense for several years. I think some of that comes from the bend don't break mantra that Stig touts. NDSU has taken us to the woodshed because of our inability to get off the field. If we want to complete for a natty we've got to figure that out.

Comment

Working...
                                X