Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Spring Football

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Who does everyone think will start at QB? Lujan? TC? TOB?
    Either TOB or Ryan Crawford.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      He's listed 6'6" 235 lb on Gojacks.com roster.

If he can put on another 10-15 pounds of muscle during summer it seems he'd have the size to play DE as a freshman.
      Even at 235-240 he'd be fine to play. Kern got time as a true Fr and he was barely 230. I think Callender brings a skill set we've yet to see in a Jack uniform, Batten included. If he has any amount of success that teams have to plan for that could give the interior guys and LB's more one on one's. D-line may not have a superstar next season but depth could be really good. In fact depth on defense as a whole could be incredibly good. We could end up needing that...provided our offense continues scoring at a fast pace.
      Last edited by Jackedforlife; 03-28-2017, 12:53 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        Either TOB or Ryan Crawford.
        I still feel bad that I was part of the student section that chanted for TOB when Ryan Crawford was struggling...

Young and dumb.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I think Smenda showed some potential last year as well. He could do some things as a SO.

Also wonder if Krockett Krolikowski could have the size to play as a true freshman like Langer did. He's listed at 6'2", 260.

Comment

There was a short clip on the safeties & new coach.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBbQTrnVqJw
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Does anyone have the schedule for Spring Practice? I am going to be in Brookings next weekend and I would like to drop by practice if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                Does anyone have the schedule for Spring Practice? I am going to be in Brookings next weekend and I would like to drop by practice if possible.
                http://gojacks.com/news/2017/3/17/sp...-saturday.aspx

Comment

What time is the Spring game? Tweet say 0930, Football schedule says 10:00. Rise and shine. Why so early?

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                    What time is the Spring game? Tweet say 0930, Football schedule says 10:00. Rise and shine. Why so early?
                    I would think it to be really funny, but the Spring Game has always been on the same weekend as SDSU's Spring Festival of Music. Maybe its to not disrupt with those events during the day. There have been football players in the choirs before (although the choirs sing on Sunday this year) and music students like to cheer on the Jackrabbits, too. Even I've had to miss a Spring Game due to all the music performances.
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Baseball series against Oral Roberts is that weekend. Sat. baseball game starts at 1pm.

Comment

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/849314613149741056

Short video from yesterday with Stig naming who is standing out in spring practice.
                        1. Alex Romenesko- Safety
                        2. Blair Mulholland- Running Back
                        3. Logan Backhaus- OLB
                        https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/849314613149741056

I've also heard that Tolu Ogunrinde looks good at RB and Jacob Brown has really improved from the fall at WR.

I'm excited that our run of solid linebackers continues. Harms, Rozeboom, and Backhaus are pretty intimidating and athletic trio.

Comment

Anyone hearing anything specific about the D-line? I know Kellen Soulek tweaked his hamstring and is resting. Hearing there is a lot of concern........
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Anyone hearing anything specific about the D-line? I know Kellen Soulek tweaked his hamstring and is resting. Hearing there is a lot of concern........
                            Yeah... the video they put out the other day didn't mention a single player besides Soulek and Whitsell. Do any of our freshman DT's have the physicality to play right away? Dom Simpson and Xavior Ward have the stature for sure but do they have the strength to hold up. I'm surprised they moved Caleb Lang back to the offensive side of the ball when our OL is considered a strength going into the year.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              When did this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                When did this happen?
                                I'm not sure. I talked to his mother Saturday, I didn't ask for specifics.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X