2017 Spring Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Spring Football

Here's a link to the offensive spring report, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLAgVYM-7Qc. I like what I see out of so many here but Ogunrinde in particular stood out. He looked extremely quick and shifty, especially at his size. Looking forward to the game Saturday morning.

Comment

This could be an exciting offensive year. I really like the WR group as well along with the RBs. It's too bad the clip didn't given any "love" to the big guys up front where games are won or lost.

Comment

Two days until the spring game.

We will be in Brookings for the 10am kickoff.

Excited to see what the boys have accomplished since last fall (technically, early winter).

Really interested in seeing what the D can do against our juggernaut O and who steps up in the run game.

Obviously, would like to see everyone come out of the spring healthy going into summer workouts.

Does anyone know if there is an admission fee to the game? Is this one of the deals where we bring a canned good for the food pantry or something?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
          Two days until the spring game.

We will be in Brookings for the 10am kickoff.

Excited to see what the boys have accomplished since last fall (technically, early winter).

Really interested in seeing what the D can do against our juggernaut O and who steps up in the run game.

Obviously, would like to see everyone come out of the spring healthy going into summer workouts.

Does anyone know if there is an admission fee to the game? Is this one of the deals where we bring a canned good for the food pantry or something?
          If it's anything like the past games, you should be able to just show up and walk in.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

It's free admission.

Zim article today.
            https://t.co/qs0j1CnBWC

Jake Harms, LB, has had to call it quits. Injuries have done him in.

Comment

Zim's article says that the game is at the Dana. Hasn't it been in the SJAC in years past?
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                Zim's article says that the game is at the Dana. Hasn't it been in the SJAC in years past?
                Yes.Past 2 years in SJAC due to construction of the Dana. I would assume they will try to hold it at the Dana from here on out and if the weather is bad they can move it indoors.

Comment

If you are making the trip to Brookings note the construction on 6th street and I-29 132 off ramps. It is a mess on that side from Swiftel to Perkins on 22nd avenue. Best to take exit 133 or 127 and avoid it all together. Also note there is a fair amount of road construction between Brookings and Sioux Falls. Should be a great morning for football.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    If you are making the trip to Brookings note the construction on 6th street and I-29 132 off ramps. It is a mess on that side from Swiftel to Perkins on 22nd avenue. Best to take exit 133 or 127 and avoid it all together. Also note there is a fair amount of road construction between Brookings and Sioux Falls. Should be a great morning for football.
                    Thanks for the heads up Jackedforlife, should be a nice day to watch some football.
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                      I would concur on this being a resident of Brookings. Avoid 6th street at all costs this summer. In 2 weeks after SDSU is done with the spring semester then the intersection of 22nd Ave. and 6th St. (by Perkins) is getting shut down and tore up. The contractor has 75 days to get that part of the project done so it is complete before the SDSU kids come back in late August. Using the bypass is recommended unless you need to get to a business near the main interstate exit (132).

This project will be a mess for quite a while. Both bridges crossing the interstate are coming out to be replaced by 1 large bridge with 5 lanes. The west bound bridge is already gone. Some of the project will spill into next spring/summer (2018).

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        I would concur on this being a resident of Brookings. Avoid 6th street at all costs this summer. In 2 weeks after SDSU is done with the spring semester then the intersection of 22nd Ave. and 6th St. (by Perkins) is getting shut down and tore up. The contractor has 75 days to get that part of the project done so it is complete before the SDSU kids come back in late August. Using the bypass is recommended unless you need to get to a business near the main interstate exit (132).

This project will be a mess for quite a while. Both bridges crossing the interstate are coming out to be replaced by 1 large bridge with 5 lanes. The west bound bridge is already gone. Some of the project will spill into next spring/summer (2018).
                        Yikes, that's gotta suck for all the businesses east of 29.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                          Believe it or not The Brookings Register had a front page article about the City being a head of most other SD towns in sales tax revenue for 2017. This of course was before the construction started. There are several hotels and Applebees east of I-29. We will see how this turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                            Yeah, all business along 6th St. to 22nd Ave. will be adversely affected. I would argue the business between I-29 and 22nd Ave. will take the biggest hit. The east bound bridge is still functional and is handling both east and west traffic. From what I know there won't be any point where there is not at least a partial bridge going across the interstate. So far it hasn't been bad outside of the morning and evening commute times (around 8AM & 5PM). Let's face it, it may add 1-3 minutes to your commute through this area. In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal at all. If you really need your queso fix at Qdoba you can still get it.

Comment

Anyone notice that Ogunrinde was absent from the sidelines on Saturday. It looked like everyone else was there but I did not see Tolu. Maybe I missed him but just curious.

I liked what I saw from the few RB's who did play. Roths reminded me of a Kyle Minnett out there.

I also noticed Clark taking 2nd team Reps. I'm hopeful that's a testament to the strength and development of young men coming up, not that he took a step back. We are in a strong position with the 605hogs I think. Although I'm still on the fence about this full time shotgun.

I really hope someone steps steps up at longsnapper and practices all summer. The thought of rozeboom having to do that causes me concern. Although hopefully Mr Hale sees very minimal duty.

Comment

Being in the shotgun can help dictate linebacker alignment based on the side the back is aligned/shifts too. Can create better angles for certain run concepts. Also being under center takes away majority (if not all) of the possibilities for QB run which allows defenses to play faster without that threat. With Taryn I think we would be making a huge mistake constantly being under center, it was much different with 6-Ball at QB a few years ago. Personally I love it, more possibilities for a defense to prepare for.

I love the depth at RB that could prove important especially with teams focused on our passing threats next season. Losing Harms concerns me, we may have some young LB's next year who may go through some growing pains early in the season.
                                Still I am very optimistic about next season!

Comment

Working...
                                X