X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 WNIT Game 2: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Colorado(wannabee bison)Buffaloes

double screen for madie or Kerri

Comment

Two Jacks knock a sure rebound out of each others hands right into a Colo players hands,who doesn't fumble with it....ugh
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-20-2017, 10:11 AM.

Comment

not meant to be..... Colo even getting lucky breaks now...can't beat that
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-20-2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I'd say Colorado played more aggressive and was more assertive down the stretch...that won the game for them

Comment

Showed a lot of guts and showed a refusal to give up....impressed by that ,but.....everyone get out of the pool....Summits post season done.

Comment

Until the game got to the desperation point near the end of regulation, there seemed to be a lot of dribbling in place and passing around the perimeter for most of the shot clock. The offense seemed to get stagnant a lot late in the season. Not sure if teams figured out how to defend us better, or if we hit the wall or what, but things just didn't seem to flow like they had earlier in the season. Hopefully getting Macy back combined with potentially getting more scoring off the bench with the incoming freshmen will help.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Until the game got to the desperation point near the end of regulation, there seemed to be a lot of dribbling in place and passing around the perimeter for most of the shot clock. The offense seemed to get stagnant a lot late in the season. Not sure if teams figured out how to defend us better, or if we hit the wall or what, but things just didn't seem to flow like they had earlier in the season. Hopefully getting Macy back combined with potentially getting more scoring off the bench with the incoming freshmen will help.
                The lack of a scoring threat from Alexander allowed teams to pack the lane and take away our posts and driving lanes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  i thought that was their bugaboo most of the season. should and expect it to change come next season. going to be very interesting.

Comment

Last two times we could of won the game in regulation,we took very poor shots,and they were hurried ,against IUPUI we had something like 25 seconds on the shot clock,and we took a very poor ,rushed shot....settling for a rushed shot with that much time .....i know Madie has a quick release ,and can make that kind of shot,and they didn't get a shot themselves,but we can get a better shot for her than that I'd hope.Against Colorado it's tied and we get the ball with 8 seconds left and we have a TO left,but we rush down and blow two chances ,hurrying the shot again.Oh well,no use crying over spilled milk and wringing our hands over what should have happened...thanks seniors for leading our team to a relatively good year.RE-tool and fix the flaws that showed up this year and I would expect another good year next season.

Correction :... My bad...we had no TO left (in ref to the bold print above),must have heard that wrong at the time of the writing of this post .That changes things a bit.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-27-2017, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Need better point guard play. Everyone knows that. I think it's okay that the Jacks don't have to go on the road. Good season considering the loss of Miller. Next year looks promising, the Summit league is going to be tough. Looking forward to it.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Need better point guard play. Everyone knows that. I think it's okay that the Jacks don't have to go on the road. Good season considering the loss of Miller. Next year looks promising, the Summit league is going to be tough. Looking forward to it.
                        The run that the jackrabbits put together in the first quarter came with Lexi on the bench. They were not able to get Madison any touches on the offense. Madison moved to the point and the run occurred. Madison did not score that much, but she was part of the offense. She also did a good job of pushing the ball later in the game and made a few layups. Lexi played slower at the point burning clock late in the game too. The defense by Colorado was very intense and the Jackrabbits burned the shot clock often throughout. The Buffs were the aggressive team.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I think we might be a little spoiled with the success this program has shown through out the years.A lot of programs would die to have 20+ wins every year, and have a very good chance to play in the NCAA Tournament every year too.This success however causes the fan base to elevate their expectations,only human nature.The trick is to keep those expectations firmly in the realm of reality.I think this program will one day find themselves earning a sweet 16 game,especially with how tantalizingly close we've come twice now.This program has been on the brink of accomplishing that for awhile now,only to have the carrot yanked away at the last second(pun intended).This fuels an even greater desire to get back and finally overcome that last hurdle.We'll get there eventually.This might generate some pressure for players to meet our expectations,but I would hope they have the same expectations themselves.I'm sure they do.This was a good year for our Jacks I believe,with all they've dealt with.It's sad to have to say goodbye to our seniors,but at the same time there's excitement in bringing in new recruits and jumping into a brand new season ahead.Thanks seniors to leading the way to another good year,that we've come to expect from our Jacks.

Comment

2 redshirts with injuries, 2 transfers sitting out, 2 on the bench that never saw the floor and 2 that rarely played. That's 8 players that were not able to contribute much - putting a ton of pressure on the 7 that carried the load. I can't complain about what they accomplished, given the circumstances.

Returning to a scoring threat at PG will help everyone out in a big way - no more sagging back towards the lane for the PG defender. Adding five new players with the potential to be big scorers will be exciting. Often this year we had three players on the floor together that should not be shooting any farther out than 5'. That makes it pretty easy for the defense to clog things up in the paint and get transition baskets off of long bricks and airballs. It's going to be fun to see what next year's team can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              2 redshirts with injuries, 2 transfers sitting out, 2 on the bench that never saw the floor and 2 that rarely played. That's 8 players that were not able to contribute much - putting a ton of pressure on the 7 that carried the load. I can't complain about what they accomplished, given the circumstances. .
                              THIS! We have probably had more "misses" on recruits in the past few years than we previously had, especially in the front court. Losing Wade to transfer definitely hurt our depth at the 4/5. I'm pretty surprised that Graettinger couldn't find her way on the court this year. I had heard such good things about her freshman year performance post-concussion.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...omen/99407550/
                                End of the season reflections and early look forward.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X