Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2017 WNIT Game 2: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Colorado(wannabee bison)Buffaloes

Default Re: 2017 WNIT Game 2: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Colorado(wannabee bison)Buffaloes

double screen for madie or Kerri
    "striving to make SDSUFans.com a better place"..... aka "Homer Rabbit"

"AiNt NO fuN wHeN the Rabbit gOt tHe GuN "

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
    Alan Greenspan

Default Re: 2017 WNIT Game 2: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Colorado(wannabee bison)Buffaloes

Two Jacks knock a sure rebound out of each others hands right into a Colo players hands,who doesn't fumble with it....ugh
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-20-2017 at 12:11 PM.

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
    Alan Greenspan

not meant to be..... Colo even getting lucky breaks now...can't beat that
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-20-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Alan Greenspan

I'd say Colorado played more aggressive and was more assertive down the stretch...that won the game for them

Alan Greenspan

Showed a lot of guts and showed a refusal to give up....impressed by that ,but.....everyone get out of the pool....Summits post season done.

Alan Greenspan

Until the game got to the desperation point near the end of regulation, there seemed to be a lot of dribbling in place and passing around the perimeter for most of the shot clock. The offense seemed to get stagnant a lot late in the season. Not sure if teams figured out how to defend us better, or if we hit the wall or what, but things just didn't seem to flow like they had earlier in the season. Hopefully getting Macy back combined with potentially getting more scoring off the bench with the incoming freshmen will help.

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Until the game got to the desperation point near the end of regulation, there seemed to be a lot of dribbling in place and passing around the perimeter for most of the shot clock. The offense seemed to get stagnant a lot late in the season. Not sure if teams figured out how to defend us better, or if we hit the wall or what, but things just didn't seem to flow like they had earlier in the season. Hopefully getting Macy back combined with potentially getting more scoring off the bench with the incoming freshmen will help.
    The lack of a scoring threat from Alexander allowed teams to pack the lane and take away our posts and driving lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    i thought that was their bugaboo most of the season. should and expect it to change come next season. going to be very interesting.

Last two times we could of won the game in regulation,we took very poor shots,and they were hurried ,against IUPUI we had something like 25 seconds on the shot clock,and we took a very poor ,rushed shot....settling for a rushed shot with that much time .....i know Madie has a quick release ,and can make that kind of shot,and they didn't get a shot themselves,but we can get a better shot for her than that I'd hope.Against Colorado it's tied and we get the ball with 8 seconds left and we have a TO left,but we rush down and blow two chances ,hurrying the shot again.Oh well,no use crying over spilled milk and wringing our hands over what should have happened...thanks seniors for leading our team to a relatively good year.RE-tool and fix the flaws that showed up this year and I would expect another good year next season.

Correction :... My bad...we had no TO left (in ref to the bold print above),must have heard that wrong at the time of the writing of this post .That changes things a bit.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-27-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Alan Greenspan

Need better point guard play. Everyone knows that. I think it's okay that the Jacks don't have to go on the road. Good season considering the loss of Miller. Next year looks promising, the Summit league is going to be tough. Looking forward to it.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.