X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Rosters

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Graettinger transferring to W. Illinois. Don't see transfers within conference very often...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Transferring within the conference definitely stings a bit. Isn't there an added rule about transferring within a conference?
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
      Transferring within the conference definitely stings a bit. Isn't there an added rule about transferring within a conference?
      If she couldn't crack the lineup at State why should we care where she transfers? Don't think it stings at all. Opportunity to get a player who can actually compete for playing time.

Comment

Let's not forget Emily Clemens of W. Ill is her former H.S. classmate and teammate,which might be a big reason why she chose W. Ill.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          If she couldn't crack the lineup at State why should we care where she transfers? Don't think it stings at all. Opportunity to get a player who can actually compete for playing time.
          The injury bug had bitten Annabelle while in Brookings. She still might show some skill before she completes the college career.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I wish the transfers well but have to say that I like the moves so far. We had too many bodies on the bench last year (due to injury or talent) and it cost us. It's hard to think that either would suddenly be a big contributor next year.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              The injury bug had bitten Annabelle while in Brookings. She still might show some skill before she completes the college career.
              I wonder if Miller's injury factored into this decision. Annabelle would have not gotten any playing time next season with Miller (playing 27 minutes) and Lexi playing the rest of the time at PG. Miller might even move over to SG (or somewhere else) so they could both be on the court. That doesn't leave much playing time for another PG.
              The year after that, Miller will still get 27-30 minutes and who knows about the rest. After that season, Annabelle would be a senior already. Why not transfer out and sit out next year (when you wouldn't play anyway) and take it from there?
              I don't know how bad Annabelle's injury was last season but with SDSU's lack of depth, you knew where you stood if you couldn't get much playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                I wish the transfers well but have to say that I like the moves so far. We had too many bodies on the bench last year (due to injury or talent) and it cost us. It's hard to think that either would suddenly be a big contributor next year.
                Regarding Graettinger, I'd have thought she'd transfer down a division so she wouldn't have to sit a year. Between being redshirted and hurt she's hasn't had much court time since high school...
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                  Isn't there an added rule about transferring within a conference?
                  Rules vary by conference (though this doc is a few years old).

Summit (as of 2014): If released by AD -- sit one year with financial aid. If not released by AD -- sit two years without financial aid.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

A.J. with the "It's a great day..." tweet just now...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

It could be anything from a transfer to a HS sophomore. AJ has some ammo with those newly-opened scholarships. Hopefully we hear more soon.

Comment

I had heard Riley Cascio Jensen was supposed to be visiting recently. She committed her senior year to USD but switched to Nebraska when Amy Williams went there. The Huskers had a disastrous year and have lost a few players in the last few months including her. She would be a terrific addition.

Comment

There is an odd SDSU WBB reference on her twitter page.
                          https://twitter.com/Smiley_Ryliej2

South Dakota State WBB Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

She would be a redshirt to play 3.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

There is an odd SDSU WBB reference on her twitter page.
                            https://twitter.com/Smiley_Ryliej2

South Dakota State WBB Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

She would be a redshirt to play 3.
                            She has recently started following AJ, Jewett, Falco, and GoJacksWBB. She is a 5-10 guard. I think it is a safe bet that AJ is referring to her.

Here's an article about her transferring from UNL.
                            http://journalstar.com/sports/husker...ff9c6ecce.html

Comment

Riley Cascio Jensen played 12.6 minutes per game as a walk on freshman. FG% was 31% on 69 shots in 29 games. She played in every game for the 7-22 Huskers. 36 assists, 33 turnovers, 23 boards, & 82% FT are the rest of the freshman line. Amy has more work to do in Lincoln than was needed in Vermillion for putting the talent on the floor together.

Comment

Riley Cascio Jensen played 12.6 minutes per game as a walk on freshman. FG% was 31% on 69 shots in 29 games. She played in every game for the 7-22 Huskers. 36 assists, 33 turnovers, 23 boards, & 82% FT are the rest of the freshman line. Amy has more work to do in Lincoln than was needed in Vermillion for putting the talent on the floor together.
                                16 of her 19 FG's and 49 of her 61 attempts were from 3. She also pulled down 1 offensive rebound in 366 minutes played. Safe to say that her role on the Huskers last year was from 20 feet and beyond...

Comment

Working...
                                X