This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Rosters

It says she was released from her scholarship. Any info on this?

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
      If you want to transfer and be able to get a scholarship immediately, at least to a peer institution or above, your school needs to release from your scholarship first. Every year you see drama in football and basketball where a coach won't grant the release so the player has to pay their own way for at least the first year.

Comment

AJ with an extra open scholarship - I like the possibilities. Maybe there's a transfer out there that has been looking for a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Mieras transferring to Dakota Wesleyan.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spor...afUk-M.twitter
          Was hoping she would land in Yankton. Dang!!
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            AJ with an extra open scholarship - I like the possibilities. Maybe there's a transfer out there that has been looking for a ticket.
            I had 16 players for 2018-2019 so they had to free up a schlarship because of Macy's injury causing her to be here another year longer.I was wondering how they would manage that,if indeed my scholrship chart is correct or not. I have Jordan Ferrand listed as a (fr) for 2018-2019, the future roster thread no.23 in Jackrabbit WBB does not....which is correct? I'd like to correct my chart if I get confirmation it is not correct in this matter.Found this link
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-13-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              I had 16 players for 2018-2019 so they had to free up a schlarship because of Macy's injury causing her to be here another year longer.I was wondering how they would manage that,if indeed my scholrship chart is correct or not. I have Jordan Ferrand listed as a (fr) for 2018-2019, the future roster thread no.23 in Jackrabbit WBB does not....which is correct? I'd like to correct my chart if I get confirmation it is not correct in this matter.Found this link
              https://prospectsnation.com/player/jordan-ferrand
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Thks...she'll stay on my chart as 2018 recruit. Is she the one had offers from Wake Forrest and DePaul ? She'll be a stud if she's 6'3" like she's listed as. Kind of wishing she'll be like Gustafson of Iowa but better!
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-13-2017, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                  She'll be able to play right away then, going from Div 1 to Div II. i'll have to follow her carreer at DWU now....Go Jessica!

Comment

Thks...she'll stay on my chart as 2018 recruit. Is she the one had offers from Wake Forrest and (I think?) Marquette? She'll be a stud if she's 6'3" like she's listed as. Kind of wishing she'll be like Gustafson of Iowa but better!
                    Many of the items I am finding indicate she may be playing 3 or 4 as well. She has some ability to play perimeter and drive with the ball. The Hirschmann girl from Kingsley, Ia is projected as a post in that 2018 class. The 2018 class is appearing to have a great outlook. AJ seems to be constantly improving his recruiting talent with good recruits. It is necessary to keep at the front of the Summit as the competition is improving.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

She'll be able to play right away then, going from Div 1 to Div II. i'll have to follow her carreer at DWU now....Go Jessica!
                      Not meaning as a jab, but DWU is not a D2 school. Heck, they are not even a NCAA school! The Tigers are a NAIA school, so lower than NCAA.
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                        Not meaning as a jab, but DWU is not a D2 school. Heck, they are not even a NCAA school! The Tigers are a NAIA school, so lower than NCAA.
                        Oh ya,forgot.....NAIA Div II? I'll look it up. Yes, Div II

Comment

Coach Johnston said today (April 18) in a lunch presentation to the Sioux Falls Staters group that in addition to Jessica Mieras, Annabel Graettinger will not return to the Jacks next season. She is a 5-10 guard from Muscatine, Iowa. She didn't play much last season. The coach said he didn't know if Annabel was going to stay at SDSU and focus on classes or transfer to another school to play basketball. She apparently likes SDSU. Best wishes to her, whatever she chooses.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

A side note of interest from the Coach Johnston: Clarissa Ober, one of three seniors from this past year's team, is expected to go on and play basketball somewhere in Europe.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              A side note of interest from the Coach Johnston: Clarissa Ober, one of three seniors from this past year's team, is expected to go on and play basketball somewhere in Europe.
                              She's mentioned doing this in a couple of interviews. I think she'll do great, and I'm sure we all wish her the best. Talent might not be quite up to WNBA (although, many of them play over in Europe, too), but the pay is definitely better.
                              Rollin' in my 5.0
                              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

If Graettinger stays at SDSU and does not play basketball, her scholarship would become available, correct ?

Comment

Working...
                                X