X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Rosters

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    Now, for a player like Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda (who has quite the name to pronounce!), maybe they have recently emigrated and have no real ties to the state, then its a pick your favorite. Just killing time before the game.
    Here's a video Midco did on Ndjakalenga. https://twitter.com/AnderaMidcoSN/st...13550401228801

She mentions her mom played basketball for Old Dominion before playing professionally overseas, so you may be correct there. Video also includes how to pronounce her name.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
      Here's a video Midco did on Ndjakalenga. https://twitter.com/AnderaMidcoSN/st...13550401228801

She mentions her mom played basketball for Old Dominion before playing professionally overseas, so you may be correct there. Video also includes how to pronounce her name.
      I like Jack for short. Best of luck to her!

Comment

I'll throw together a list of players who are either committed, have D1 offers, or players I think will be D1 players.

Madysen Valstuin - Lennox: Signed with SDSU

Emma Ronsiek - SF O'Gorman: Signed with Creighton

Morgan Hansen - SF Lincoln: Signed with USD

Kyah Watson - RC Stevens: Signed with USD

Sydni Schetnan (2021) - SF Washington: Offers from Kansas, Nebraska, Kansas St, Indiana St, NDSU. Sydni is 6'5 and very athletic so I wouldn't be surprised to see some more P5 offers come in. Very good volleyball player as well.

Lexi Unruh (2021) - SF Christian: Committed to Creighton.

Bella Swedlund (2022) - Winner: Visited Colorado State

Hannah Ronsiek (2022) - SF O'Gorman

Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda (2022) - SF Washington: Getting more P5 interest than Schetnan. Similar player to Myah Selland in that they're both versatile players that can play guard or forward. Mwenentanda is one of the most athletic players in the state.

Kaela Martinez (2022) - SF Roosevelt: Got an offer from Wayne State as a freshman. I think she has D1 potential.

Hillary Behrens (2023) - Brandon Valley: Has an offer from SDSU.

Avery Broughton (2023) - Corsica/Stickney

Emilee Fox (2024) - Mount Vernon/Plankinton
        just curious if anyone knows about any volleyball offers?

Comment

I'll throw together a list of players who are either committed, have D1 offers, or players I think will be D1 players.

Madysen Valstuin - Lennox: Signed with SDSU

Emma Ronsiek - SF O'Gorman: Signed with Creighton

Morgan Hansen - SF Lincoln: Signed with USD

Kyah Watson - RC Stevens: Signed with USD

Sydni Schetnan (2021) - SF Washington: Offers from Kansas, Nebraska, Kansas St, Indiana St, NDSU. Sydni is 6'5 and very athletic so I wouldn't be surprised to see some more P5 offers come in. Very good volleyball player as well.

Lexi Unruh (2021) - SF Christian: Committed to Creighton.

Bella Swedlund (2022) - Winner: Visited Colorado State

Hannah Ronsiek (2022) - SF O'Gorman

Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda (2022) - SF Washington: Getting more P5 interest than Schetnan. Similar player to Myah Selland in that they're both versatile players that can play guard or forward. Mwenentanda is one of the most athletic players in the state.

Kaela Martinez (2022) - SF Roosevelt: Got an offer from Wayne State as a freshman. I think she has D1 potential.

Hillary Behrens (2023) - Brandon Valley: Has an offer from SDSU.

Avery Broughton (2023) - Corsica/Stickney

Emilee Fox (2024) - Mount Vernon/Plankinton

I would add Bailee Sobczak (2022) RC Stevens, as a possible player also. Also I believe according to her twitter, that Bella Swedlund has a D1 offer from Colgate University. List looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by rushmore bball View Post
            I would add Bailee Sobczak (2022) RC Stevens, as a possible player also. Also I believe according to her twitter, that Bella Swedlund has a D1 offer from Colgate University. List looks good.
            Haven't heard of Bailee since I don't really keep up with west river much. Really interesting no local schools have offered Bella Swedlund yet. She's the real deal. I also forgot to add Haleigh Timmer from STM. I think USD has offered her and she just recently visited Vanderbilt.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/EmilyHerzberg40/...617477/photo/1

2 Jackrabbit recruits who had the season end due to the COVID-19 situation. Mesa Byom and Emily Herzberg are the Wisconsin recruits headed to SDSU this fall.

Byom has been selected first-team all-state the past two seasons, and earned honorable mention all-state as a sophomore. She has helped Melrose-Mindoro (25-1) to three consecutive state tournament appearance, including state runner-up finishes the past two seasons, heading into this year's state tournament. Byom, 6-foot-3 senior and South Dakota State signee, is averaging 17.1 points, 9.5 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 1.9 steals and 3.1 blocks per game for coach Joey Arneson and the Mustangs. Melrose-Mindoro plays Mishicot in a state semifinal on Thursday.

Emily Herzberg, an honorable mention all-state pick the last two seasons, has helped lead Melrose-Mindoro to its third consecutive state tournament appearance. The Mustangs have finished as the state runner-up to Aquinas the past two seasons. Herzberg averages 16.1 points, 6.6 rebounds, 4.3 assist and 3.9 steals per contest for the Mustangs. The 6-foot senior is committed to South Dakota State University.
              Last edited by OldHare; 03-14-2020, 10:24 AM.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• In addition to Herzberg and Byom, Madysen Vlastuin finishes the year averaging 20.2 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game. She'll likely wrap her career making first-team all conference four times and first-team all state twice, in addition to SD Gatorade Player of the Year, Class A GBB Player of the Year, and scoring 1,000+ career points.

2021 commit, Alexis Markowski, finished her junior year averaging 21.5 points, 12.1 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks per game.

With these four players and recent couple of classes, you can obviously see an emphasis on height. Fun fact: the four high school commits combined for only three loses this year. They'll all definitely bring a winning pedigree with them to Brookings.

Comment

• Hopefully there is a PG or two on the horizon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                    In addition to Herzberg and Byom, Madysen Vlastuin finishes the year averaging 20.2 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game. She'll likely wrap her career making first-team all conference four times and first-team all state twice, in addition to SD Gatorade Player of the Year, Class A GBB Player of the Year, and scoring 1,000+ career points.

2021 commit, Alexis Markowski, finished her junior year averaging 21.5 points, 12.1 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks per game.

With these four players and recent couple of classes, you can obviously see an emphasis on height. Fun fact: the four high school commits combined for only three loses this year. They'll all definitely bring a winning pedigree with them to Brookings.
                    That's crazy actually. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

That's crazy actually. Wow.
                      Have been told by more than one person that has watched Alexis play say she is crazy good. AJ is building a roster that is going to be mostly 6'+ athletic players. Find a PG or two and he will have a nationally competitive team. Like I said earlier, USeD has 8 players under 6' and most all are underclassmen. We will outsize the dogs and have just as athletic girls on every level in the next couple years. Let alone being able to bring in more 6'+ girls off the bench with abandon.
                      Last edited by 98Jackfarmer; 03-15-2020, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• In the past that was always our issue in losing close games was not having enough size. We always had a good post and wing with soze but not enough depth or across the board height. Would like to get good 3 point shooter since that's also a huge part of being a mid major power. Size and shooting and defense. we usually have 2 of those at a time bit not all 3 it seems.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post
                          In the past that was always our issue in losing close games was not having enough size. We always had a good post and wing with soze but not enough depth or across the board height. Would like to get good 3 point shooter since that's also a huge part of being a mid major power. Size and shooting and defense. we usually have 2 of those at a time bit not all 3 it seems.
                          Vlastuin can shoot it really well from what I've heard. But also heard she's pretty soft so hopefully the college game can tougher her up a bit.

Comment

• Nice video hignlights of Madysen Vlastuin in the Argus in an article on best women's basketball players in SD, as well as a couple opponents too .I suppose a lot of you have viewed it, but for those who haven't, I posted it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              Nice video hignlights of Madysen Vlastuin in the Argus in an article on best women's basketball players in SD, as well as a couple opponents too .I suppose a lot of you have viewed it, but for those who haven't, I posted it.
                              This could be a player who boosts the Jackrabbit 3 point shot percentage. She may also complement Myah as another who can create some offense.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Alexis Markowski was named to the first team All-State for both the Lincoln and Omaha papers. Looks like she finished 4th in both PPG and rebounding in the state!

Comment

Working...
                                X