Default 2019-20 Women's Schedule

Date Opponent Time
    11-12-19 @ Creighton TBA
    Cancun Challenge
    11-28-19 South Dakota State vs. South Florida 11 AM Eastern
    11-29-19 Notre Dame vs. South Dakota State 11 AM Eastern
    11-30-19 South Dakota State vs. Florida Gulf Coast 1:30 PM Eastern
    TBA @ Oregon TBA

Looks like a rematch with Oregon on the road is pending for 2019-20.
    https://247sports.com/college/oregon...le--131120869/
    Last edited by SidelineObserver; 07-08-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Default Re: 2019-20 Women's Schedule

It is typical of WBB scheduling which is home and home for more competitive teams. There is likely a good home P6 game at minimum. I would guess Marquette is playing in Frost next year. Central Michigan and/or Chattanooga or Wyoming or Montana St may be expected to arrive in Frost as well. The women are also in the Cancun Challenge in the same division as Notre Dame, S Florida , and maybe Texas Tech. We should not expect a soft OOC.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Quote Originally Posted by OldHare View Post
    It is typical of WBB scheduling which is home and home for more competitive teams. There is likely a good home P6 game at minimum. I would guess Marquette is playing in Frost next year. Central Michigan and/or Chattanooga or Wyoming or Montana St may be expected to arrive in Frost as well. The women are also in the Cancun Challenge in the same division as Notre Dame, S Florida , and maybe Texas Tech. We should not expect a soft OOC.
    For as big of a step as the program took this year, next season is even more important. They have to use the run to cement themselves as a top 25 program.

It is up to the next group of ladies to prove that this wasn't a flash in the pan Sweet 16 run.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Nice to read the Oregon coach say the Jacks are their marquee home game so far considering Oregon is expected to be the top ranked team going into the season.

Nice that coaches like AJ & Kelly Graves don't shy away from playing fierce competition like too many other coaches do. How is women's basketball supposed to get better if teams worry too much about their W/L record to help facilitate in getting to the NCAA Tournament, then to be totally unprepared for the teams they face there. Sure, the competition in most p5 conferences is good at the upper level, but they will have to play other good programs other than the ones they are accustomed to in the NCAA Tournament. It catches many of them flat-footed, not ready for different styles of play.It also doesn't advance the women's game at all if the top teams are all "playing it safe".

With the popularity of women's basketball in the area, I'm surprised the Pentagon doesn't try and bring in a couple of good mid-major teams to play the Jacks and USD on a Friday/Saturday early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    With the popularity of women's basketball in the area, I'm surprised the Pentagon doesn't try and bring in a couple of good mid-major teams to play the Jacks and USD on a Friday/Saturday early in the season.
    It seems to make sense, but the women's teams have able to schedule good games and participate in preseason tourneys that are good for the development. It also would gobble up home games that may bring revenue. Pentagon would need to make it worth losing home games for the women programs which the fans buy season tickets to enjoy. I would be disappointed to give up home games to the Pentagon. If it was additional games that I could travel to watch at additional cost, I would travel without a problem.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    I'd bet if someone with deep pockets would sponsor such games while agreeing to pay for their travel and accomidations. Many teams would jump at a chance to get one of their road games traveling expenses paid. My guess as to why it doesn't happen, is how difficult it would be to get four teams to schedule so that it could all happen on one day (neutral game for all participants), plus , finding the sponsor (benefactor), who might just get a little bit back from gate receits, probably a net loss for him/her.

DFW Rabbit now, Look for me on disc golf courses, or nearby flood disaster

Quote Originally Posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Nice that coaches like AJ & Kelly Graves don't shy away from playing fierce competition like too many other coaches do. How is women's basketball supposed to get better if teams worry too much about their W/L record to help facilitate in getting to the NCAA Tournament, then to be totally unprepared for the teams they face there. Sure, the competition in most p5 conferences is good at the upper level, but they will have to play other good programs other than the ones they are accustomed to in the NCAA Tournament. It catches many of them flat-footed, not ready for different styles of play.It also doesn't advance the women's game at all if the top teams are all "playing it safe".
    Note that relatively speaking, SDSU has moved into the “premier” category. Any game vs Jacks are a “quality” game. If Summit can get to 3 or 4 top 50 RPI teams, we’ll see more home/home P5 match ups in the future. But will be top half teams, not the bottom teams, because bottom teams need to pad wins #s, and games vs Jacks aren’t guaranteed wins.

Look forward to continued scheduling success, both high quality mids, as well as quality power conference schools. Hope can get to point where our “bought” home games were WNIT or NCAA teams the year before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cancun Challenge Schedule Announced:
    https://gojacks.com/news/2019/5/9/wo...challenge.aspx

Three NCAA tournament teams in Cancun. Tough schedule.