This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Rosters

It looks like we might be short one for 2020. Maddie Mock has decided to go to Western Illinois according to her twitter and the Western Illinois site. Hope it all works out for her.

https://mobile.twitter.com/maddie_mock?lang=en

https://www.prepgirlshoops.com/2019/...s-recruitment/

Comment

noted....thanks for the " heads up" on this news Sodakbull, have to keep my chart accurate and up to date as possible. Good luck to her at her new destination, except when they play the Jacks of course.

Comment

Offer out to Hilary Behrens, a 5'11 guard from Brandon Valley. First 2023 offer?

https://twitter.com/SDNETworkBBall/s...69615427112960

Comment

The national letter of intent early signing period starts Wednesday, November 13th. Who are we expecting to sign for women's basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Just because it's so dead lately (& not sleepy yet), thought I'd take up more space in this thread with a little bit of my drivel. After watching the USA under 16 game vs El Salvador,I remembered someone quoted it was somewhat of a risk recruiting younger players, (in another thread, another sport) although I thoroughly agree in general, after watching how good some of these youngsters are, if you can get the right ones, those that have great potential and it shows, the risk is greatly diminished to a large extent. Obviously, watching the 12 best players in the Country (according to the USA U 16 selection committee anyway) my view is somewhat skewed (ok a lot skewed).

Nice fairly regional player from Colo, Betts and the Kansas native Payton Verhulst are very good multiple P5 offered players to watch, I know Payton Verhulst has been sought after and pursued by Amy Williams and the Corn Huskers for awhile, reading their fan forum. Aside from these top elite athletes (unless a local wanting to stay close to home or just lucky to nab one), establishing contact with , forming a recruiting relationship with young talented players early can sometimes lead to good dividends later. Not too bad a recruiting strategy when it works out, if you can spot the right ones, it's like capturing lightning in a bottle and keeping it until needed.

It's a highly competative business these recruiting wars , and are very important to the success of the program moving forward,obviously. And, there are a lot of these young players around and getting to not be such a rarity, if they are good, coaches know about them, as many have excellent recruiting resources at their disposal. Sometimes a little risk is acceptable to help one succeed,if not overly done, and some players you'd be amiss assuming a player would be too great a risk, especially considering their potential to be a great player. Just some thoughts on the subject, albeit somewhat trivial for some , I find it somewhat interesting , I'm probably in the minority on this
            rumors, but, i have read where Payton Verhulst has no interest in joining coach williams at nebraska. i think it's between ASU, ND and Louisville.

Comment

Originally posted by dubldrible View Post
              rumors, but, i have read where Payton Verhulst has no interest in joining coach williams at nebraska. i think it's between ASU, ND and Louisville.
              OK, ....didn't know that, good schools, thanks for the update

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                The national letter of intent early signing period starts Wednesday, November 13th. Who are we expecting to sign for women's basketball.
                We will only have one scholarship of an unknown variety available for 2020, we already have 3 commits slated for 2020, they are Emily Herzburg from Melrose-Mindoro HS Wisc, Mesa Byom from Melrose-Mindoro , and Madysen Vlastuin from Lennox, SD. who have all comitted and then the one schollarship available we may fill or may not. I don't have a clue who might get the schollarship left that is available and for, so far, no one has committed to that has been offered.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-12-2019, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Coach AJ usually likes to keep one scholarship open and go with a 14-woman roster in case a great transfer or some other good player becomes available.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                    Looks like we offered Allison Weidner from Nebraska. 5'-10" She has offers from NDSU, UNO, Denver, USD, Duquene, Toledo, Wyoming, Creighton and Nebraska.

https://twitter.com/NebraskaAttack/s...942861824?s=20
                    Allison Weidner has committed to Nebraska

Comment

SDSU and USD coaches in Lennox tonight to watch Mount Vernon-Plankinton 8th grader, Emilee Fox. She's a dynamic guard who led MVP to State last year and already has a couple 30 point games this season. Side note, I don't think I've ever seen so many future D1 players from SD before. There's a lot of talent out there, with a few garnering P5 attention.

Comment

We need to land a few of those P5 types to get us back to the Sweet 16 and possibly beyond. We are obviously spoiled as fans when a NCAA tourney appearance is the expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                          SDSU and USD coaches in Lennox tonight to watch Mount Vernon-Plankinton 8th grader, Emilee Fox. She's a dynamic guard who led MVP to State last year and already has a couple 30 point games this season. Side note, I don't think I've ever seen so many future D1 players from SD before. There's a lot of talent out there, with a few garnering P5 attention.
                          I’m not too in touch with local GBB. Could someone make a quick list of SD D1 potential players and their schools? Would be nice to get to some of their games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                            IÂ’m not too in touch with local GBB. Could someone make a quick list of SD D1 potential players and their schools? Would be nice to get to some of their games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I'll throw together a list of players who are either committed, have D1 offers, or players I think will be D1 players.

Madysen Valstuin - Lennox: Signed with SDSU

Emma Ronsiek - SF O'Gorman: Signed with Creighton

Morgan Hansen - SF Lincoln: Signed with USD

Kyah Watson - RC Stevens: Signed with USD

Sydni Schetnan (2021) - SF Washington: Offers from Kansas, Nebraska, Kansas St, Indiana St, NDSU. Sydni is 6'5 and very athletic so I wouldn't be surprised to see some more P5 offers come in. Very good volleyball player as well.

Lexi Unruh (2021) - SF Christian: Committed to Creighton.

Bella Swedlund (2022) - Winner: Visited Colorado State

Hannah Ronsiek (2022) - SF O'Gorman

Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda (2022) - SF Washington: Getting more P5 interest than Schetnan. Similar player to Myah Selland in that they're both versatile players that can play guard or forward. Mwenentanda is one of the most athletic players in the state.

Kaela Martinez (2022) - SF Roosevelt: Got an offer from Wayne State as a freshman. I think she has D1 potential.

Hillary Behrens (2023) - Brandon Valley: Has an offer from SDSU.

Avery Broughton (2023) - Corsica/Stickney

Emilee Fox (2024) - Mount Vernon/Plankinton

Comment

Thanks for this! Hopefully we can keep some of the these in state. USD seems to have caught up to us in recruiting SD.

We don't or didn't have offers out to most of these it looks like?

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                                Thanks for this! Hopefully we can keep some of the these in state. USD seems to have caught up to us in recruiting SD.

We don't or didn't have offers out to most of these it looks like?
                                Maybe its too simplistic of a view, but unless its a tradional powerhouse in WBB, we should be able to keep these girls in the state. Maybe its my age too, but to play for either SD school would to me be a chance to become a "star" in the state while playing for a team that can compete quite well nationally, versus going off to a "far away" school and just being a good player. I realize there are academic concerns and other things but to play "at home" would be a benefit IMO? Now, for a player like Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda (who has quite the name to pronounce!), maybe they have recently emigrated and have no real ties to the state, then its a pick your favorite. Just killing time before the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X