Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 257

Thread: Future Rosters

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,828

    Default Re: Future Rosters

    Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    It appears the grad transfer rule is here to stay for the time being. Playing for a team like the Jacks Women should be a selling point to a player from a Power Conference. A 6'4 shot blocker would be nice!
    Agree, we could use a good grad transfer next season, we have room for one more, but the roster is completely full at 15 for 2020-2021, so a very good grad transfer would work just fine,if she was good enough to contribute for her one year.Either a strong shot blocker/rebounder or a lights out shooter with good ball handling skills,to ease the loss of two prolific shooters (three counting Sid , but she didn't shoot a lot of them, she shot a good % though and hit some big timely ones).In a perfect world, this will happen

  2. #202

    Default Re: Future Rosters

    Quote Originally Posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Agree, we could use a good grad transfer next season, we have room for one more, but the roster is completely full at 15 for 2020-2021, so a very good grad transfer would work just fine,if she was good enough to contribute for her one year.Either a strong shot blocker/rebounder or a lights out shooter with good ball handling skills,to ease the loss of two prolific shooters (three counting Sid , but she didn't shoot a lot of them, she shot a good % though and hit some big timely ones).In a perfect world, this will happen
    AJ hasn't been real big on the transfer plan in the past.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hamlin County
    Posts
    5,477

    Default Re: Future Rosters

    Quote Originally Posted by Justwin View Post
    AJ hasn't been real big on the transfer plan in the past.
    This is true. The current transfer players were players recruited earlier and they would have been a good fit for the culture that exists. The Juco player, Ena Viso, was filling a roster need of numbers when Stevens left. Tonoia Wade was also a move around Stevens going and coming which did not work out. Jill Young could technically be a transfer, but she would seem less likely to be in that camp. Cascio-Jensen and Larson are players that were recruited earlier and the door stayed open for their consideration. The idea of UConn, Notre Dame, or Stanford post grad transfers landing in Brookings might be a stretch, but stranger things have likely happened.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,828

    Default Re: Future Rosters

    Quote Originally Posted by OldHare View Post
    This is true. The current transfer players were players recruited earlier and they would have been a good fit for the culture that exists. The Juco player, Ena Viso, was filling a roster need of numbers when Stevens left. Tonoia Wade was also a move around Stevens going and coming which did not work out. Jill Young could technically be a transfer, but she would seem less likely to be in that camp. Cascio-Jensen and Larson are players that were recruited earlier and the door stayed open for their consideration. The idea of UConn, Notre Dame, or Stanford post grad transfers landing in Brookings might be a stretch, but stranger things have likely happened.
    I like it we are more grounded in 4 yr commitment players, who are carefully selected, (she must be kind, she must be fair, she must be brave.....lol ,apologies, Captain 11's TV show opening monologue creeping into my head....ha!, dating myself...now back to being serious)..... and that we don't have to rely so much on transfers like a lot of schools do, the team chemistry is so much better, but this year is a little bit different, if we don't use the scholarship available, we simply lose it, no saving it for next season .Admittedly, you have to find the right player who will buy in to the team first coaching philosophy, or getting the wrong player could cause more harm than good even if that player is an extremely talented one , it's tricky and takes a little research and yes,luck too, I guess. I trust the coaching staff to either use or don't use the scholarship, The coaches know the team the best and know how to keep everyone as happy as they can and working for the common goal of team success.Go Jacks !!(love saying that)
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-22-2019 at 11:44 PM.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Re: Future Rosters

    Looks like the women are expanding their recruiting area this year. There are coaches in Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Texas as well as Wisconsin and Iowa this week end according to their tweets.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    4,225

    Default Re: Future Rosters

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    Looks like the women are expanding their recruiting area this year. There are coaches in Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Texas as well as Wisconsin and Iowa this week end according to their tweets.
    I wouldn’t say they are expanding their recruiting reach as this pretty normal from prior years.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Worthington,MN
    Posts
    5,001

    Default Re: Future Rosters

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    Looks like the women are expanding their recruiting area this year. There are coaches in Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Texas as well as Wisconsin and Iowa this week end according to their tweets.
    I think they are at AAU tournaments in those areas, which they have already been doing in previous years.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,828

    Default Re: Future Rosters

    I'm looking at results of the Apr 26-28 Tournament at the spooky nook sports complex in Manheim, PA right now to see how the local teams are faring.Coach Thielbar is scouting that one I believe.Here's a link if anyone's interested.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,828

    Default Re: Future Rosters

    I believe Coach Jewitt attended the Boo Williams Nike EYBL Tournament Apr 26-28, which ended Yesterday, these are top notch Tournaments our coaches are attending , should be some excellent talent to evaluate.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,450

    Default Re: Future Rosters

    When you reach the Sweet 16 that should allow for expanded recruiting areas and top players.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •