This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Rosters

Wow. Alexis looks like a fantastic recruit. Great basketball heritage!
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Good get, she should help our rebounding right away, first thing to do in a fast break opportunity on missed shots is to get the ball. I just like good rebounders, such a less appreciated stat, imo, I like a good rebounder just about as much as a defensive stopper or offensive scorer, plenty of time for her to develop other aspects to her game, she seems eager and willing to work hard.We are blessed to get such good recruits.Welcome aboard Alexis Markowski.Another two handed vollyball shot blocker like Myah Sellend (was it Myah?) maybe....? We are pretty much set until '21, now lets get some good 22's to keep our recruiting ahead of schedule a little.Maybe we can get some super quick, good shooting, ball handling guards now to make our opposition even more concerned about defending us.It is a great day to be a Jackrabbit ,(fan).
      We are done recruiting for '21 class?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        We are done recruiting for '21 class?
        No, at 14, but just one left for '21

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          No, at 14, but just one left for '21
          Thanks. I misinterpreted your prior post stating "we are pretty much set until '21, now lets get some good '22's..."

Comment

I went to look at the 2020 and 2021 recruiting threads and it stops at 2019. I hint this since someone(like jackdaniel) may have that list somewhere so it may help some(me) remember the recruits for each year down the road.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Glad to help OldHare, here's what I have for 2020 and on:
              2020-2021
              Myah Sellend Sr
              Tylee Irwin Sr
              Lyndsey Thueninck R-Jr
              Addison Hirschman Jr
              Paiton Burckhard Jr
              Sydney Stapleton Jr
              Jordan Ferrand Jr
              Tori Nelson So
              Regan Nesheim So
              Kallie Theisen So
              Lauren Rongish r-So
              Madyson Vlastuin Fr
              Emily Herzberg Fr
              Maddie Mock Fr
              Mesa Byom Fr

2021-2022
              Lyndsey Tueninck r-Sr
              Addison Hirschman Sr
              Paiton Burckhard Sr
              Sydney Stapleton Sr
              Jordan Ferrand Sr
              Tori Nelson Jr
              Regan Nesheim Jr
              Kallie Theisen Jr
              Lauren Rongish r-Jr
              Madyson Vlastuin So
              Emily Herzberg So
              Maddie Mock So
              Mesa Byom So
              Alexis Markowski Fr

2022-2023
              Kallie Theisen Sr
              Tori Nelson Sr
              Regan Nesheim Sr
              Lauren Rongish r-Sr
              Madysen Vlastuin Jr
              Emily Herzberg Jr
              Maddie Mock Jr
              Mesa Byom Jr
              Alexis Markowski So

2023-2024
              Madysen Vlastuin Sr
              Emily Herzberg Sr
              Maddie Mock Sr
              Mesa Byom Sr
              Alexis Markowski Jr

2024-2025
              Alexis Markowski Sr

Comment

Nice work putting together the list JD, Thank You.

Comment

Yes, great work, JackD. The future looks bright. Granted, there will be changes in the status of some players.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

I've been following the U/16 women's team trials, mainly because of Bella Swedland of Winner,SD HS. was on the initial roster of 156 , the lone candidate from SD, but not our recruiting area. Just today , 90 players have been cut already today, a first cut of 60, and just recently, 30 more cut. To their credit, surviving the first cut of 60 athletes was Bella Swedland,SD 5'9" G,......Chloe Dallas, WI (we seem to recruit more from WI recently) 6'2" C.....Sophia Hart ,Mn 6'4" C......Mallory Hayer , Mn 6'1" F.....JeMae Nichols,Ia 5'10" F......Miah Nnaji ,Mn 6'4" F.......Kallie Van Eps, Mn 5'11" G. After the second cut of 30 ,Bella, JeMai Nichols , and Kallie Van Eps were cut, but of the thirty players cut in the second rd of cuts, 25 were Guards, so they must have made a concerted effort to reduce the number of guards remaining after the fist cut (the roster consisted of 52 guards, of 98 players remaining).... still remaining from the area are Chloe Dallas, WI.....Sophia Hart, Mn .....Mallory Heyer , Mn....Miah Nnaji , Mn. Against the best players in the USA , surviving each cut gives you an invaluable opportunity to challenge yourself and improve your skills for the future. A lot of height and talented athletic players some smaller State athletes don't get to see regularly in their state, I'm talking 6'5,6'6, 6'7 Centers, 6'3 and up Forwards, 6' and taller Guards, height isn't the end all tell all, but in basketball , you have to counter it somehow by team play and superior talent , quickness, court awareness (assisting) , a non-stop motor (effort,particularly rebounding, steals, just pesky defense) etc..... so congrats to all, for doing their best and best of luck for their futures. Sorry, get'n old, and I'm retired, nothing better to do , hope some of you find this interesting

Comment

Bella is a terrific player and very advanced for her age. She was the best player for Winner this past season and helped the Warriors go undefeated and win the State A Championship. I know SDSU has showed some interest and would be surprised if she isn't eventually offered a scholarship. She passed up competing at State Track this weekend so she could try and make the U16 team.

Comment

Just because it's so dead lately (& not sleepy yet), thought I'd take up more space in this thread with a little bit of my drivel. After watching the USA under 16 game vs El Salvador,I remembered someone quoted it was somewhat of a risk recruiting younger players, (in another thread, another sport) although I thoroughly agree in general, after watching how good some of these youngsters are, if you can get the right ones, those that have great potential and it shows, the risk is greatly diminished to a large extent. Obviously, watching the 12 best players in the Country (according to the USA U 16 selection committee anyway) my view is somewhat skewed (ok a lot skewed).

Nice fairly regional player from Colo, Betts and the Kansas native Payton Verhulst are very good multiple P5 offered players to watch, I know Payton Verhulst has been sought after and pursued by Amy Williams and the Corn Huskers for awhile, reading their fan forum. Aside from these top elite athletes (unless a local wanting to stay close to home or just lucky to nab one), establishing contact with , forming a recruiting relationship with young talented players early can sometimes lead to good dividends later. Not too bad a recruiting strategy when it works out, if you can spot the right ones, it's like capturing lightning in a bottle and keeping it until needed.

It's a highly competative business these recruiting wars , and are very important to the success of the program moving forward,obviously. And, there are a lot of these young players around and getting to not be such a rarity, if they are good, coaches know about them, as many have excellent recruiting resources at their disposal. Sometimes a little risk is acceptable to help one succeed,if not overly done, and some players you'd be amiss assuming a player would be too great a risk, especially considering their potential to be a great player. Just some thoughts on the subject, albeit somewhat trivial for some , I find it somewhat interesting , I'm probably in the minority on this
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-18-2019, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• 0 replies 0 retweets 37 likes

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Oh yes,the all important recruiting season , hope we make some good contacts, future recruits hopefully....we have the best coaches as well as people doing the recruiting,we are in good hands!

Comment

Looks like we offered Allison Weidner from Nebraska. 5'-10" She has offers from NDSU, UNO, Denver, USD, Duquene, Toledo, Wyoming, Creighton and Nebraska.

https://twitter.com/NebraskaAttack/s...942861824?s=20
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                                Looks like we offered Allison Weidner from Nebraska. 5'-10" She has offers from NDSU, UNO, Denver, USD, Duquene, Toledo, Wyoming, Creighton and Nebraska.

https://twitter.com/NebraskaAttack/s...942861824?s=20
                                Very good offer, looks like she could be a pretty good player at the next level,fast and all over the court, takes it to the hoop and can shoot, good ball handling. The next recruit would fill out the roster at (15) for '21, the '22 class will be huge, up to (6) players,as of now, for a completely full 2022 roster.It wouldn't hurt to acquire a '21 player to reduce the size of the '22 class by 1 for a full roster,down to (5).Next season 2020 is full, all 15 spots accounted for.We like to be near full on roster size, to develop the future players and provide bench depth, that's a good thing.
                                Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-25-2019, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X