X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Rosters

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
    I think our bench will be much better next year and we can go back to having line changes like in the past with out a huge drop. Our second string would probably start in many other teams.
    G-Lexi
    G- Tracy
    F- Palmer
    F- Selland
    C- Mieras
    That second string still will be really competitive with all the tallented freshman and others competing for time. I will be intrested to see if Bultsma will have a strong off season to jump Flatta and possibly Mieras for second string center. I think the game was a little fast for her this year but with her hieght could come around like a Lingle perhaps
    I don't see a lot of scoring punch in this second five unless one of the Syd's or Lexi take a huge jump forward. Mieras has hardly played (mainly because of injuries) since she been here so I'm not optimistic she will ever really be a contributor. Selland is the big unknown but expecting huge contributions from a true freshman is usually risky.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      I don't see a lot of scoring punch in this second five unless one of the Syd's or Lexi take a huge jump forward. Mieras has hardly played (mainly because of injuries) since she been here so I'm not optimistic she will ever really be a contributor. Selland is the big unknown but expecting huge contributions from a true freshman is usually risky.
      Usually, there is a freshman to contribute. This year was a bigger gap than most. Guebert, Miller, or Young had quality minutes from the beginning in recent years. Tracy was the only freshman to get many minutes this year and she was not an offensive contributor like the others. Ober only scored 4+ points as a freshman in 14.7 minutes. The Jackrabbits will find plenty of points somewhere. Defense will be every player's responsibility.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I expect Selland to start right away next year. Not sure who she'll replace in the lists above but that is my guess.

Comment

AJ hasn't been afraid to start freshmen if merited - I believe both Miller and Guebert started from day 1, and Young was 6th person of the year as a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            We should remember Stevens shooting some 3's in the past. She was able to navigate the perimeter fairly well prior to the injury.
            I recall AJ saying that she was one of the team's best 3-point shooters towards the end of her freshman year. Starter or not, she should be a great utility player that can play several positions well. She looked very enthusiastic on the bench all year and hopefully has kept up during her two seasons out.

Theuninck will proably push Alexander for backup PG minutes at some point next season if her ball handling and defense are adequate. She scored over 3,000 points and made 336 3-pointers in her career (28 PPG this season). It's going to be hard to keep that kind of offense on the bench.

Comment

This is a pretty strong freshman class with a 3000 point scorer, and two gatorade player of the year winners. We should get some much needed depth at the very least.

Comment

Re: Future Roosters

No mention of Theuninck? Does she see the floor much? I see her as a bigger version of Emily Clemens of W. ILL.I'm sure at some point in her playing career the PG torch will be passed along to her.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitTimes3 View Post
                  I hope we can make this a sticky post. l like to see where we are on roster situation. Would also like to see 2019 & 2020 recruits be sticky. Can someone make that happen? Thanks

Here is what I have been able to determine.

For 2017-2018

Seniors
                  Tiffaney Flaata- C
                  Alexis Alexander- G
                  Ellie Thompson- F
                  Chynna Stevens-F

Juniors
                  Macy Miller- G
                  Jessica Mieras- C
                  Sydney Palmer- F
                  Madison Guebert- G

Sophomores
                  Annabel Graettinger- G
                  Megan Bultsma- C
                  Sydney Tracy-F
                  Tagyn Larson- F

Freshman
                  Lindsey Theuninck- G
                  Tylee Irwin- G/F
                  Myah Selland- F

2018 Freshman
                  Lauren Rongisch- G
                  Addison Hirschman-F
                  Paiton Burckhard- F
                  Sydney Stapleton-F

2019 Freshman
                  Hannah Kelle - G/F (Offer)
                  Tori Nelson - F

2020 Freshman
                  ????

2020 Mallory Brake 6'0" G/F Hastings Raiders and North Tartan (offer)

varsity career stats - 942 points, 583 rebounds, 245 assists, 229 steals and 129 blocks

Metro East All-Conference 2015/16 and 2016/17
                  Metro East Honorable Mention 2014/15

Lettered in volleyball 2015/16 and 2016/17 (Honorable mention) and softball (SS) 2015/16
                  Being recruited by 25 D-1 WBB programs including 10 from power 5 conferences

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                    FWIW, my guess as to our starting five next year (since what else is there to talk about now):

G- Macy
                    G- Maddi
                    F- Ellie
                    F- Chynna
                    F- Tagyn

Key Bench Players- Lexi, Syd Tracy, Selland, and hopefully good minutes from the other two Freshman (probably a little too optimistic). I would like to see more of Graettinger because she looked the part in her very limited playing time this year. If she can actually hit a wide open 3 I say welcome to the rotation!

There is at least one other player who will undoubtedly get more PT than I think they deserve, but AJ has earned the right to be wrong occasionally...
                    I see a platoon system. (two almost very competitive starting fives). Here is my guesses
                    First group
                    1 - Macy M
                    2 - Mattie G
                    3- Tagyn L
                    4- Ellie T
                    5- Chynna S

Second group
                    1. Lexi
                    2. Lindsey T
                    3- Tylee I (Sydney Tracy)
                    4- Myah S (Sydney Palmer)
                    5- Jessica M

I think there are 12 strong players. probably best depth we've had since first NCAA tourney trip

Comment

Mieras transferring to Dakota Wesleyan.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spor...afUk-M.twitter

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

Jessica will excel at DWU. Good Luck to her in Mitchell.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I'm pretty sure she wasn't going to get much playing time here, anyways. I'm ok with this move.
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Good for her. DWU has a great program. Hopefully she can get healthy and contribute.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Not a big surprise, she should do great at DWU.

Comment

Im excited for her to come to DWU. Great addition to an already really good team.

Comment

Working...
                                X