This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Rosters

How many recruits have we had that didn't come from SD or a state that touches us?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
      How many recruits have we had that didn't come from SD or a state that touches us?
      Havent we had a few from Wisconsin over the years. Although i cant remember who

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        Havent we had a few from Wisconsin over the years. Although i cant remember who
        Muckenhirn was from Wisconsin as was Verdegen I believe. We also had that foreign player a couple years back.

The vast majority of our recruits are from this region though.

Comment

The foreign player was Ena Viso (Denmark?), we got her from Jr College for two yrs the same time USD got Jasmine Trimboli from a Jr College, if memory serves, we seemed to have established a toe hold into Wisc, as we have two more committed recruits coming in 2020 , Emily Herzberg and her HS teammate Maddie Mock.

I sometimes follow some of the local AAU girls teams to get an Idea how we fair with teams from other regions, I have to say, we fair extremely well for the most part.

Morgan Meier who was from Oshkosh Wisc also played along with Muckenhirn, 2008-2009.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-30-2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Ena Viso is a native of Copenhagen, Denmark. However, you could almost call her a local recruit as she played JUCO ball with Northeast CC out of Norfolk, NE.

Comment

You have to go back to the 2008-09 season to have a pair from Wisconsin. Morgan Meier was from Osh Kosh and Ashlea Muckenhirn was from Osceola. The season before that Andrea Verdegan from Glen Flora, WI was also on the roster.

From the 2009-10 season through 2014-15, the entire roster was made up of players from South Dakota and Minnesota. Six seasons with players that were exclusively from that small of a footprint. On the GoJacks website, you can go back to the 2007-08 season to see the rosters. During these last 12 seasons, SD and Minnesota natives have dominated the roster with the following states having representation:

Iowa - 3 players
              Wisconsin - 3
              Nebraska - 2 (3 if you count Viso who played for Northeast CC)
              North Dakota - 1
              Foreign - 1

Comment

And here we go...

https://twitter.com/Coach_AJ/status/...290826240?s=19

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  And here we go...

https://twitter.com/Coach_AJ/status/...290826240?s=19

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
                  I was fearing much worse when I clicked that link.....

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I was fearing much worse when I clicked that link.....
                    Me too...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                      Me too...
                      We aren't HD getting Rick rolled when you click the link are we? Some people dont deal with that very well.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Come in you Twitter detectives.... who is the first post-Sweet 16 signee? A big splash would be nice right about now.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          We aren't HD getting Rick rolled when you click the link are we? Some people dont deal with that very well.
                          Coach AJ with another "It's a Great Day to be a Jackrabbit" Tweet

Comment

I’m kinda hoping it’s a grad transfer guard.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                              That is possible, but as the coaches were attending AAU type tourneys: it would seem that we are looking at 2020 or 2021 commitments. That could be off target assumption too. There was a plug for a team from Jackrabbit WBB and I cannot find the retweet.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                                It's not. I wouldn't hold your breath on that one, just not this programs MO. Would be nice to see but I think we are going to be thin on guards next year. Hopefully the length makes up for it. Good thing we have a top 10 coach in the game!

Comment

Working...
                                X