This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    looks like Wagner was very good this year they beat both SF Christian and Centerville (each with only 2 losses i believe) they have Ashlyn's older sister and they also have another pair of sisters who are both over 6 feet tall

Wagner was the top seed in region 5, but they did lose to MVP during the season also

MVP was only down by 2 at half to top seed Sisseton. tough 3rd Q they are now down by 12. Fox started hot with 8 or 10 points in the first quarter, but she has gotten pretty ice cold. dont think she scored in the 3rd Q and their other top player picked up her 3rd and 4th fouls
    Sisseton is HUGE. That squad could compete in college (size wise). Fox is just a fun player to watch. Very high IQ.

Comment

• Sheppard vs Vasecka going on now. I haven’t had the chance to watch either play much but I’m instantly impressed. Length, great mobility, lots of poise for each. Bright futures.

Sheppard also has a 6’2 sister who is an 8th grader.

Comment

• Vasecka plays at a different speed. She’s going to be really good.

Comment

• Jewett is walking around. Must be picking up the scraps AJ left behind.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there is a way to watch a replay of these state tournament games? I really want to see the play last night that fouled out Vasecka. Sure looked like they gave the foul to the wrong girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
              Does anyone know if there is a way to watch a replay of these state tournament games? I really want to see the play last night that fouled out Vasecka. Sure looked like they gave the foul to the wrong girl.
              I watched the game for about 10 minutes and happened to see that call. Vasecka appeared to swipe at the ball. The other girl may have fouled her too, but Vasecka certainly did enough to justify the refs call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                Does anyone know if there is a way to watch a replay of these state tournament games? I really want to see the play last night that fouled out Vasecka. Sure looked like they gave the foul to the wrong girl.
                SDPB has a YouTube channel with the archived live stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Fox isn't having a great tourney. Missing a lot of shots and lots of TO's.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I watched the game for about 10 minutes and happened to see that call. Vasecka appeared to swipe at the ball. The other girl may have fouled her too, but Vasecka certainly did enough to justify the refs call.
                    You're right Vasecka was definitely the one who swiped at it. Watching it live I thought it was the other girl who made the contact.

Comment

• Jefferson vs O'G right now. Abdouch will be a great defender. Lots of recruits on both teams. Terveen is impressive. Not sure if we have offered her or not.

Comment

• I wonder if we could have a better pressing defense next year if and when we use one.With the quickness we have already, and the quickness we can add to it next season, it's plausible.

Comment

• Fox having a nice game today. Lots of deep 3’s and great passes down the court again and again for fast break points.

Comment

• Vasecka named SD Gatorade player of the year!

Comment

• If everyone stays healthy, their level of excellence should continue for a while. I wonder what has the most influence in their recruitment decisions, high school play or summer league play. I imagine that watching them play against better opponents is paramount in their final decision. Just watched a 6'4 girl in MN tourney headed to St Thomas U, Albany, I think it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                                Vasecka named SD Gatorade player of the year!
                                Mahli Abdouch has also been named SD MaxPreps POY.

Comment

Working...
                                X