Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Didn't realize we were down 30 already.

Don't panic.
    I don't panic when it comes to this team. Just pointing out we dont have a lot of room to let our best players settle into the game.

However, it does look like the coaching staff gave the team a great chance on the defensive side.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

How 'bout that defense!

13:00 played and we have not been behind yet. Gonzaga will get rolling though, hopefully Daum gets comfortable by then. We're going to need him at his best to hang.

Comment

Definitely a good game plan coming in.

I'm leery of the run good teams put on lesser ones, starting, oh, about now in games.

If the Jacks survive that, there's always the half-time adjustments to deal with.

But so far, so good.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Pretty good defense. There was one possession where Gonzaga got off three shots because we couldn't chase down a rebound. We also seem to be scrambling a bit on offense with the perimeter passing when it seems like guys are reluctant to try to drive.

Comment

Jackrabbits blowing up twitter...

Comment

Two airballs in a row from Tellinghuisen. The second one he had a really good look, too.

Comment

Jacks really packing it in on D and making Gonzaga take long shots. Jacks don't look good at all offensively yet still up 22-19 at the under 4 timeout

Comment

Turnovers killing us right now.

Comment

Jacks offense really sputtering and the D keeps fouling Gonzaga and putting them on the line

Comment

Now we've stalled on offense. Zags up 26-22 with :30 left in the half. The bonus free throws are going to pile up this game for Gonzaga.

Comment

Gonzaga got that under-8 timeout-to-half run that I was afraid of, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

Down four at the half? Could be worse.

Could be better, too, which is a bit frustrating.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Half: Gonzaga 26, SDSU 22

7-0 run for Gonzaga to end the half. Jacks are really struggling offensively and not taking good shots.

Comment

I can be happy only trailing by 4 at half time. However, it feels like one of these teams offense is going to blow up after halftime. I sure hope it is ours.

Comment

Daum way out of his comfort zone and two starters in early foul trouble - yet we're only down four to a top-5 team. I'll definitely take it.

We have to scrap and claw to hang within striking distance and hope for a little March magic down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                                I can be happy only trailing by 4 at half time. However, it feels like one of these teams offense is going to blow up after halftime. I sure hope it is ours.
                                I feel like the Jacks have to work inside on the offensive side of the ball. The Zags are just crowding us on the perimeter

Comment

Working...
                                X