Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    What a wild ride this season was! So proud of the players and coaches for how they turned things around and turned it into a successful year. It would have been so easy at any point along the way to lose their determination. It is a credit to all of them.

Thanks first and foremost to our two seniors, Michael Orris and AJ Hess. They made a difference on an otherwise extremely young team. Orris in particular. Without his defensive intensity and grit the second half of the season none of this great finish would have happened. The shot he hit to beat USD in the Summit Tourney will forever be remembered in Jackrabbit lore. All the best to both of those young men in their lives after basketball.

Congrats to Coach Otz and the rest of the staff for a great finish to the year. I think all Jacks fans now feel very good about the future of the program with these men at the helm.

It's sad that it is over but it has been such a great last few weeks. The future is very bright! The work for next year starts tomorrow!

SUPERBUNNY
    Exactly, who would have believed it in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Talent gap between the Zag and the entire Summit League. Our teams got to get better in order to advance in the tourney.
      So true, coaching can only take you so far, you need the horsepower. It's not how do you keep them on the farm, but how do you get them there in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Shows how little you know! Why did he sign with a Big12 school out of high school?
        Why didn't he play there??? Do you really think he would ever be TJ's first choice. He had no other options. Also, coaches don't hit a home run on every recruit. His career stats tell the story.

If you think he is D-I point guard it shows how little you know!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
          Why didn't he play there??? Do you really think he would ever be TJ's first choice. He had no other options. Also, coaches don't hit a home run on every recruit. His career stats tell the story.

Back off on the personal attacks.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Wow. I guess I'm an idiot when it comes to Orris as well! Never mind he played something like 120 minutes in the three games that got us to the NCAA tournament, defended like mad down the stretch and carried a huge share of the load vs USD. Cripes.

You have to love "fan" forums!

Comment

To call a guy a guy who played so well in the second half of the season a DII player is stupid and ignorant comment. He sure outplayed those heralded DI transfers at USD in the semi-finals when it counted. Im sure the coaches and players are ecstatic they landed Michael. Lot more to playing point guard than scoring points. His play in the Summit League Tournament and the conference stretch run tell the story.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Back off on the personal attacks.
                I have never personally attacked an SDSU student/athlete in my comments. I think he's a great kid and I have nothing but respect for him for what he has had to deal with in his life. My comments are about his play on the court. Contrary to popular belief on this board, you can still respect a person and be critical of their play on the field or court.

Comment

http://www.foxsports.com/college-bas...s-player-stats
                  he stats say he played at K-State as a true freshman and contributed about as much as Dykeman did here as a RS Freshman.

4 year of stats all played at D1 schools tells me he was a "D1" player. Not an all conference one, but a D1 player none the less.

Comment

Great job Jacks. Hey, did a lot of our players look bad on offense today? Wonder why. We played the #1 adjusted defensive team in the country today. No **** we looked bad on offense. Proud as hell with this team.

http://kenpom.com/index.php?s=RankAdjDE
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Sounds like a lot of.posters feel you have a DII knowledge level of the game and player assessment....but hey, they like you as a person. Is that how that works?

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                        Sounds like a lot of.posters feel you have a DII knowledge level of the game and player assessment....but hey, they like you as a person. Is that how that works?
                        Please stop the personal attacks on me.

Comment

Please stop the personal attacks on me.
                          It might be time to surrender and fight another day

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            It might be time to surrender and fight another day
                            Agree. Didn't intend for my comments to turn into this. Great year by the Jacks and TJ. Time to cheer on WMBB and the wrestlers.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              Great job Jacks. Hey, did a lot of our players look bad on offense today? Wonder why. We played the #1 adjusted defensive team in the country today. No **** we looked bad on offense. Proud as hell with this team.

http://kenpom.com/index.php?s=RankAdjDE
                              I second this. Excited as hell about this team all things considered.

Comment

Offense was terrible, Gonzaga obviously had a lot to do with it, but man those blown layups by Severyn and Howell were bad. Also, I think Telly just missed another 3. On the flip side, our D played pretty damn good...who would have ever thought that at the beginning of the season? King is such a strong rebounder. IMO, Daum had the best game of his career defensively yesterday, I think he just suffers the Nate Wolters effect not trying to draw fouls which leads to people believing he can't defend.

Comment

Working...
                                X