Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    This is a well and good and true, but its going be a while before any SL team makes the Sweet sixteen. That's all I am saying. Maybe I am wrong, but to watch a 27-1 team in awe was what was going on in my mind yesterday. Telly and Daum gave 130% but we came up 20 short on the final score.
    Those same things were being said about Gonzaga, Wichita State, and Creighton. In the grand scheme of things, we are still a young D1 program. Who knows...in 4 or 5 years, we could be the one that nobody wants to play.

However, we were better than a 16 seed. What SDSU has to do perform better in conference. Don't give the committee any reason to doubt putting them on that 10, 11, or 12 line.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      Those same things were being said about Gonzaga, Wichita State, and Creighton. In the grand scheme of things, we are still a young D1 program. Who knows...in 4 or 5 years, we could be the one that nobody wants to play.

However, we were better than a 16 seed. What SDSU has to do perform better in conference. Don't give the committee any reason to doubt putting them on that 10, 11, or 12 line.
      Does the committee have time to read this board? The bold print indicates 100 per cent agreement.

Comment

Fun trip to Salt Lake City. Nice city. Great arena. Thanks to the board for all the driving tips through Wyoming. Excellent roads just a lot of them......

State missed their opportunity in the first half. Gonzaga was flat and didn't play well. I don't know how it came across on TV but they were big - length and thickness. I believe this factor lead to State's missed layups. Another item I noticed was the Zags didn't allow State to start their sets where they wanted on the court. They pushed State further from the basket than they wanted to be.

Considering where this team was to ending up the dance it was a very successful season. If State keeps knocking on the door someday they'll knock that door down.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Maybe we did alright on Thursday. Zags up on Northwestern 38-17 late in first half.

Comment

I spoke too soon. Northwestern within 5 with 5 minutes to go.

Comment

Working...
            X