Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

I deleted my post reguarding Jackbacker123. I think he took a whole bunch of jabs for making his statement. My apologies to him

Comment

I think there is a real talent gap between the top 25 teams and those who left the NCC a few years back. It was very noticeable in the second half of both the Gonzaga-SDSU and UND-Arizona games. We just did not match up toe to toe. Give the Fighting Hawks and Jacks credit for effort. It just was not enough.

Comment

I'm not ready to put blame for a loss squarely on the back of one individual team member,my philosophy is win as a team,lose as a team.That said,I watched the game and always thought the team represented the College,the Conference and, for that matter, the entire State well.Proud of their effort,particularly the first half,and I know we will be better next year and i am looking forward to a great next season,without the rough start we had this season.The team fought their way through tough times and gave us fans a lot of joy watching them all pull together and make something out of a very bleak start last year.They deserve some credit,if for nothing else but that.Thanks MBB team members,all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          I'm not ready to put blame for a loss squarely on the back of one individual team member,my philosophy is win as a team,lose as a team.That said,I watched the game and always thought the team represented the College,the Conference and, for that matter, the entire State well.Proud of their effort,particularly the first half,and I know we will be better next year and i am looking forward to a great next season,without the rough start we had this season.The team fought their way through tough times and gave us fans a lot of joy watching them all pull together and make something out of a very bleak start last year.They deserve some credit,if for nothing else but that.Thanks MBB team members,all of you.
          This is a well and good and true, but its going be a while before any SL team makes the Sweet sixteen. That's all I am saying. Maybe I am wrong, but to watch a 27-1 team in awe was what was going on in my mind yesterday. Telly and Daum gave 130% but we came up 20 short on the final score.

Comment

Wow hearing Craig smith is in running for Miami Ohio job.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
              Wow hearing Craig smith is in running for Miami Ohio job.
              I saw it on hoopdirt, more of a connecting the dots, type of thing. He'd do well there, it'd be a good job for him.

Comment

Not bad for a "rebuilding year"

Excited to see the guys TJ is bringing in next year. He was known as a recruiter so it will be interesting to see what kind of talent he can add to our program. Every recruit looks like a stud in their highlight video but need to see these guys perform in a game against D1 talent before expecting anything.

TJ definitely grew as a coach/game manager this year. This team obviously improved offensively and defensively all year. There was definite growth individually from multiple players. Our game plan against Gonzaga allowed us to have a chance. I felt late in the year the coaching staff gave us a chance in every game.

Feeling pretty good about the direction of this program after a lot of nervousness with Nagy's departure and our early season struggles.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  I saw it on hoopdirt, more of a connecting the dots, type of thing. He'd do well there, it'd be a good job for him.
                  I'd assume for Craig that would be a home run along with a lot more $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                    I'd assume for Craig that would be a home run along with a lot more $$$.
                    Not looking at anything, I'd guess at the low end would be similar to what Nagy got at Wright St. ($500K plus with a 4-5 yr contract), now I'm not sure where Craig is at with a multi-yr contract/buyout. If I understood it correctly, USD's A.D's dad runs the search firm that they are using. I'm going to start a new threat for coaching changes, so we don't hijack this one. (wait already have one)

Comment

It is still a loss for the Jacks but one consolation is this - the 66 points scored by Gonzaga was their second lowest points scored this season for their high-powered offense

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                        Not bad for a "rebuilding year"

Excited to see the guys TJ is bringing in next year. He was known as a recruiter so it will be interesting to see what kind of talent he can add to our program. Every recruit looks like a stud in their highlight video but need to see these guys perform in a game against D1 talent before expecting anything.

TJ definitely grew as a coach/game manager this year. This team obviously improved offensively and defensively all year. There was definite growth individually from multiple players. Our game plan against Gonzaga allowed us to have a chance. I felt late in the year the coaching staff gave us a chance in every game.

Feeling pretty good about the direction of this program after a lot of nervousness with Nagy's departure and our early season struggles.
                        Agree with all of this. Good post.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLX1tgKnMnQ . Every time I hear Otz relate with players, I am convinced that even better things are ahead for this program.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLX1tgKnMnQ . Every time I hear Otz relate with players, I am convinced that even better things are ahead for this program.
                            Nail hit squarely on the head!

What would Nagy have done with this team? Who knows? Absolutley doesn't matter. He gone! You have to feel good about the way things turned around. There was a lot of head scratching early in the year and for good reason. You have to give TJ and the Staff credit for making changes and finding the formula to make it all work! Nagy had his system and didn't like to vary much. I like a coach that can adapt.

Next year will be a lot better out of the gate simply because the system and the message will be consistent. Also, we bring in some solid new recruits. The future looks bright!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              Nail hit squarely on the head!

What would Nagy have done with this team? Who knows? Absolutley doesn't matter. He gone! You have to feel good about the way things turned around. There was a lot of head scratching early in the year and for good reason. You have to give TJ and the Staff credit for making changes and finding the formula to make it all work! Nagy had his system and didn't like to vary much. I like a coach that can adapt.

Next year will be a lot better out of the gate simply because the system and the message will be consistent. Also, we bring in some solid new recruits. The future looks bright!

SUPERBUNNY
                              Anyone else think Nagy would have had the same game plan yesterday as TJ? I dont. One Negative about Nagy was his rigidness. I too like that TJ isn't afraid to switch things up.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                Anyone else think Nagy would have had the same game plan yesterday as TJ? I dont. One Negative about Nagy was his rigidness. I too like that TJ isn't afraid to switch things up.
                                TJ knew something about this team and maybe that was enough to keep us within 20. Scott would done..... I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                                X