Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Congrats on the season...

Comment

Watched the game from a sport book in Vegas. Only Jacks fan in the room. Lots of unhappyness when the Zags dribbled it out up 20. Halfway through the second half it looked like we could lose by 40. Cashed winning tickets for J#1F and I. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Duam finished the season with 1396 career points, 12th so far. so of was hoping he could get 1400 and move into 11th all time SDSU.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          Watched the game from a sport book in Vegas. Only Jacks fan in the room. Lots of unhappyness when the Zags dribbled it out up 20. Halfway through the second half it looked like we could lose by 40. Cashed winning tickets for J#1F and I. Go Jacks!!
          And the o/u was 157.5. Holy cow was it under

Comment

Not only was it fun to watch the players develop, but watching TJ grow as well. I think he showed why he is a great fit for this program. He never really wavered from his vision for the team. I can't wait to see what he can do when he starts to get his players into the system.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Im still stumped about why Flatten doesnt play more. Must be something we dont see.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                The two juco's should help right away. I love Orris to death, but having a PG who is more of a threat to score will help, and a 6'7 wing won't hurt either.
                Agree with your thoughts on Orris. The reality is he's a high level D-II point guard at best. He filled the gap this year as we were desperate to find someone who could run an offense. He tried hard but his true colors showed today.

Comment

Nice season Jacks, Daum played well when you consider the tenacious defense he was facing...The Zags have so much length it is just unfair. If you can find a pg and another shooter to put around him watch out.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                    Nice season Jacks, Daum played well when you consider the tenacious defense he was facing...The Zags have so much length it is just unfair. If you can find a pg and another shooter to put around him watch out.
                    Talent gap between the Zag and the entire Summit League. Our teams got to get better in order to advance in the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Talent gap between the Zag and the entire Summit League. Our teams got to get better in order to advance in the tourney.
                      That's the way it goes when you are given a 16 seed. Had they not dug themselves a hole, we would have had another 12 seed
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                        Agree with your thoughts on Orris. The reality is he's a high level D-II point guard at best. He filled the gap this year as we were desperate to find someone who could run an offense. He tried hard but his true colors showed today.
                        Really???

Or did his true colors show against USD when he had a MASSIVE game in a win or go home situation against a HUGE rival???

Weird how a DII point guard has gotten playing time for 4 different DI programs including time as a true freshman at a Big 12 school after committing to a Big 10 school... he averaged over 20 minutes the last 2 seasons at Northern Illinois and over 30 minutes a game at SDSU.

Not every player on a team is going to be all conference, most guys on any team are role players to varying degreesl. Orris would dominate at the DII level, and like a true team player he put the team first instead of trying to make himself like a real DI player.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Really???

Or did his true colors show against USD when he had a MASSIVE game in a win or go home situation against a HUGE rival???

Weird how a DII point guard has gotten playing time for 4 different DI programs including time as a true freshman at a Big 12 school after committing to a Big 10 school... he averaged over 20 minutes the last 2 seasons at Northern Illinois and over 30 minutes a game at SDSU.

Not every player on a team is going to be all conference, most guys on any team are role players to varying degreesl. Orris would dominate at the DII level, and like a true team player he put the team first instead of trying to make himself like a real DI player.
                          This. Without him we aren't anywhere near a summit league title.

Comment

What a wild ride this season was! So proud of the players and coaches for how they turned things around and turned it into a successful year. It would have been so easy at any point along the way to lose their determination. It is a credit to all of them.

Thanks first and foremost to our two seniors, Michael Orris and AJ Hess. They made a difference on an otherwise extremely young team. Orris in particular. Without his defensive intensity and grit the second half of the season none of this great finish would have happened. The shot he hit to beat USD in the Summit Tourney will forever be remembered in Jackrabbit lore. All the best to both of those young men in their lives after basketball.

Congrats to Coach Otz and the rest of the staff for a great finish to the year. I think all Jacks fans now feel very good about the future of the program with these men at the helm.

It's sad that it is over but it has been such a great last few weeks. The future is very bright! The work for next year starts tomorrow!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Shows how little you know! Why did he sign with a Big12 school out of high school?

Comment

During the game today, as I did many times throughout this season, I had similar thoughts. He was frustrating often. But today I remembered he's the sole reason we are in this tournament. Every time I ever think of Michael Orris again as a Jackrabbit, I will think of a semifinal night in Sioux Falls where he become a legend and created a gratifying moment for his whole family. On top of that, his story is tragic but inspiring, and he represented SDSU better than anyone could. I can't imagine going through this season without him. If he just was a little more of a scoring threat, it would've been huge. But again, he was a big time player for us on numerous occasions this year. He made us so much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X