Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Probably one of the ugliest 20 point wins Gonzaga fans have seen

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
      Good game Rabbits.
      Could have kept it close if they'd been able to maintain contact with the Zags in that first part of the second half.

Gonzaga is (obviously) a more talented team than SDSU, but the Jacks had a good game plan going in. Just couldn't quite execute it well enough, I think.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
        Good game Rabbits.
        Have to look at the season as a whole. Am I bummed about losing? Sure. I want the Jacks to win every game. But, they had an uphill battle coming into the season losing the entire backcourt.

They improved the entire year and I am excited to see what another year for Daum with TJ brings.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Could have kept it close if they'd been able to maintain contact with the Zags in that first part of the second half.

Gonzaga is (obviously) a more talented team than SDSU, but the Jacks had a good game plan going in. Just couldn't quite execute it well enough, I think.
          Their transition game cracked this one open at the start of the half.

Comment

Ugh I told myself I wouldn't get bummed about this game, but here I am.

It sucks every time because I really believe we had a chance today. If Howell would've just finished HALF of his missed 2 footers.... Or if Reed just shoots his season % from three... Or if Mike would've gotten going a little better like normal. This hurts.

We battled so much on defense. We were great defensively today given the circumstances. Karnowsky didn't get anything going until really late. Daum played such good defense.

I just need about 24 hours and I will have much better perspective. The team has a bright future and this was an incredible run. From the UNO game in Omaha (which I attended) through today, it has been a rejuvenation and truly enjoyable couple of months watching this team.

Comment

So it goes against a top-5 team... That first half was sure fun though. We just could not afford to have an off day by our shooters - or by Howell, who had an otherwise very nice game.

I'm glad Orris and Hess got to experience this trip. They seem like good guys and both mentioned specifically that they chose SDSU because they "wanted to play in the NCAA tournament". Good choice! I imagine there are others out there who see what Daum and company are up to who are thinking the same thing. Good things ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                Have to look at the season as a whole. Am I bummed about losing? Sure. I want the Jacks to win every game. But, they had an uphill battle coming into the season losing the entire backcourt.

They improved the entire year and I am excited to see what another year for Daum with TJ brings.
                This x10. We were in real danger of missing the SLT at the beginning of February. I'm not happy about this loss but pretty darn excited for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                  Ugh I told myself I wouldn't get bummed about this game, but here I am.

It sucks every time because I really believe we had a chance today. If Howell would've just finished HALF of his missed 2 footers.... Or if Reed just shoots his season % from three... Or if Mike would've gotten going a little better like normal. This hurts.

We battled so much on defense. We were great defensively today given the circumstances. Karnowsky didn't get anything going until really late. Daum played such good defense.

I just need about 24 hours and I will have much better perspective. The team has a bright future and this was an incredible run. From the UNO game in Omaha (which I attended) through today, it has been a rejuvenation and truly enjoyable couple of months watching this team.
                  Could probably say the same about some of their shooters though. We dared them to beat us from the perimeter and they struggled in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I thought Coach Otz had an excellent game plan on the defensive end today, and his players executed it well.

That front line of Gonzaga is just nasty, and Zach Collins impressed me a ton. You can see why he's probably going to be a lottery pick if he goes in the draft this year. Incredible mobility and skill for a guy his size (plays hard, too).

Sadly, the offense had to perform really well and quite frankly, they didn't come close to that. Daum actually didn't have too bad of a game after he adapted to how quick and handsy the Zags defenders were, particularly on the double team, but we just had nobody else to make them pay when they brought help. When Gonzaga already has ridiculous post length and athleticism, nobody can be expected to carry the offense when getting a 2nd defender consistently.

Still very proud of the Jackrabbits.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

• Re: GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Mark Few very complimentary after the game. Gonzaga got a great effort from some of their "secondary" players. With Telly not shooting well we basically had no shooters on the floor besides Daum.

Comment

This team has improved so much on the defensive end. Lots of help on the way! I think Alou Dillon even as a true freshman will help out in the paint and take some pressure of Daum. Future is Bright!

Comment

The two juco's should help right away. I love Orris to death, but having a PG who is more of a threat to score will help, and a 6'7 wing won't hurt either.

Comment

Your Coach had a terrific game plan & I felt your guys executed on the defensive end very well. Congrats on a well played game.

Comment

The team came a long ways since the start of the season. We have a lot to look forward to!
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Disappointed in the outcome, as I'm sure all Jackrabbit fans are, but it was a great effort by the team. We held our own for half the game defensively. We just couldn't get anything going offensively. Credit to their defense on that. They were a #1 seed for a reason. Extremely proud we turned around the year when all seemed lost to making a run to the NCAA tournament. Things look good going into next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X