Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Gonzaga Bulldogs (1st round of the NCAA Tourney)

Also happy where we're at at half but can't help but think we left an opportunity out there.

Oh well...keep playing D and hope the offense can get rolling and they keep missing from the 3.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Our offense is sputtering because we are taking some awful shots and people who should be shooting jump shots are shooting them. I would be ok if I dont see Theisen shoot a contested one dribble pullup again, and I know it was only a couple shots but we dont need King and orris shooting threes. Orris might have shot his at the end of the shot clock i dont remember but we need the right people taking those shots and those 2 arent it.

Comment

Even with all the TO's and pitiful offense I'm happy to see them only down by 4. Zags also can't hit the broad side of a barn and I hope that continues lol

Comment

Chris Howell needs to stay in the game and out of foul trouble. We just don't have enough scoring on the floor if he has to sit. When Orris, King and Severyn are all on the floor together, it's too easy to defend Daum and Telly.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            I feel like the Jacks have to work inside on the offensive side of the ball. The Zags are just crowding us on the perimeter
            Agreed. They're pushing us further and further away from the basket

Comment

It will be interesting to see if TJ mixes in some zone. Gonzaga is going to come out on a mission to start scoring in the paint. They have to be very frustrated with how the first 18:00 of that game went. I expect we'll do the same with Daum - give him a chance to do his thing in the lane. Lots of FT's probably to come in this second half. We're going to have to find a way to weather a couple early runs if we are going to stay in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                Agreed. They're pushing us further and further away from the basket
                And we have shown very little ability to counter it. Orris and Howell can drive, but if Orris gets stopped he tends to dribble with his back to the basket and that's a gift steal for them. Their defense is also really limiting our shot selection ability. Have to find some way to set up a good half court possession every time we have the ball.

Comment

Have to stay close to start the second half. If Gonzaga comes out with a run, it could be a long afternoon.

Comment

9 pt deficit. That's probably the game.

Comment

Well there it goes.

Comment

Not a good sign that the Zags are getting out in transition. Jacks did a good job of limiting that in the first half.

Comment

The difference isn't size or speed in this game. The difference is when their best player doesn't show up, they have multiple options. For us, Daum has to be on point or the offense just doesnt have another reliable player.

Reed's shot just seems to be a little off,
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

That was a wide open layup we missed.

Comment

Severyn blows a wide open layup, but then hits a 3.

Jacks down 9 at the under 16 timeout

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
                                9 pt deficit. That's probably the game.
                                I'm still not ready to panic. I remember Maryland last year.

That's not to say I'm happy about how the second half has started.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X