Re: Coaching carousel 2017

Smith makes $195,700 at USD.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Smith makes $195,700 at USD.
      He'll use this to get a nice big raise.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Craig Smith has accepted the HC job at Drake, per Gary Sharp. (@GarySharp1620)

I am stunned. Doesn't seem like a better job than USD honestly and the MVC will likely lose Wichita State. $ talks

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Craig Smith has accepted the HC job at Drake, per Gary Sharp. (@GarySharp1620)

I am stunned. Doesn't seem like a better job than USD honestly and the MVC will likely lose Wichita State. $ talks
          There's increasing rumblings that WSU is talking with the American conference about moving up to that conference.

The MVC without WSU is basically the Summit with somewhat better arenas.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

He no doubt at least doubled his salary.

Drake is a tough place to win at but to be honest some of that has been due to poor hiring decisions. Craig is a big upgrade over Ray Giac who was previously there.

Comment

Now sharp is reporting he is staying

Comment

Wow. More drama

Looks like he's staying?

"Players at Drake were informed of the hiring and USD players waited nearly 90 minutes in a team meeting for the news that Smith was staying." - @GarySharp1620

Comment

Craig just tweeted that he is staying. Wow, big for USD to keep him around.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                    Craig just tweeted that he is staying. Wow, big for USD to keep him around.
                    So USD just doubled his salary. Can't say I blame them. Looking forward to it.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Biggest challenge to keeping coaches at USD is the town of Vermillion!

Comment

So Craig just pulled an AJ? (Without the added drama of an airline connection?)
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I agree with Matt Zimmer. Smith was never going to Drake.
                          He used Drake as a bargaining chip. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            So Craig just pulled an AJ? (Without the added drama of an airline connection?)
                            Hope it works out as well for Craig as it did for AJ!!
                            USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              So USD just doubled his salary. Can't say I blame them. Looking forward to it.
                              It will be interesting to hear how much he could have gotten at Drake if he did go (you all know someone will write a story about it.) I bet it's more than what usd will now be paying him. We're all sure he didn't want to leave but knew this was an opportunity to get a pay raise. Ultimately, he likes where he is at for now.
                              Rollin' in my 5.0
                              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                                It will be interesting to hear how much he could have gotten at Drake if he did go (you all know someone will write a story about it.) I bet it's more than what usd will now be paying him. We're all sure he didn't want to leave but knew this was an opportunity to get a pay raise. Ultimately, he likes where he is at for now.
                                When you have Mooney and everyone back I can see that as worth staying. He can bargain for a better raise. Couple more good years and he probably get much better job offers then Drake and the pay to go with it.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X